• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event held in Tokyo on April 10th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
Back then? Bruh they pulled this crap right up until just before KH3's release. Always expect the closed theatre when it comes to Square Enix, ALWAYS.
Yeah. Occassionally.

Back then, we literally didn’t start getting new trailers released directly to the masses until like a month or two before the game’s release.

I remember back when we finally got to see actual footage of KH2FM and Re:CoM…

…released like a month before the game came out. Despite there being at least one trailer being shown behind closed doors months before.

2 quid is good

Awards
Yeah. Occassionally.

Back then, we literally didn’t start getting new trailers released directly to the masses until like a month or two before the game’s release.

I remember back when we finally got to see actual footage of KH2FM and Re:CoM…

…released like a month before the game came out. Despite there being at least one trailer being shown behind closed doors months before.
I think there's some miscommunication and I could have worded it better - essentially I felt like your post implied it was a thing of the past and I just wanted to point out that it really wasn't, obviously the internet growing and E3 opening up to the public meant that there was a lot more content than we could have seen "back in the day".

Awards
I mean, at least we'll have a video of the event and the possible new game trailer released online.

Unlike the 2014 event where the concept trailer or whatever is still not shown.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
So the whole "video will be available at a later date" has me thinking. It wouldn't be very good PR to announce a bunch of stuff and not immediately post it online right?

I understand the event recap video taking time to edit. But not any game/tv series /movie they might reveal.

I ain't no marketing expert but why hype the event online.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So the whole "video will be available at a later date" has me thinking. It wouldn't be very good PR to announce a bunch of stuff and not immediately post it online right?

I understand the event recap video taking time to edit. But not any game/tv series /movie they might reveal.

I ain't no marketing expert but why hype the event online.
I’m hoping this is the case, where the video is delayed for subtitles or to put in the answers to dev questions asked by the NA KH twitter account.

If any trailers or promo materials aren’t up in a reasonable timeframe then I’ll be sad. Feel like shit, just wanna be in Unreality.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I hope that the rest of the world gets some 20th Anniversary merch, I really want that 20th Anniversary hoodie but the one I can order online is a small
There's a 20th anniversary merchandise store? Is that the same place that has the chess set?

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I really want to give SE the benefit of the doubt but I won't be surprised if all we get is second hand translations from people attending the event and no videos on event day.
we'll have to wait 3 weeks just like the KHuX updates lol

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

you can get the exclusive stuff off here but they're expensive
OMFG!!!! When they released all the cutlery and plates, I didn't have the money to get them. But I have some money saved in the event of KH merchandise for the 20th anniversary, so I'm going to get some stuff.

Thank you!

I wish Xion had a sticker.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We're a week out now so here's the time table of the event:

13:30 - Reception desk opens
14:00 - Doors open
14:00 ~ 17:00 - Guests shuffle through the exhibition and cafe in designated groups
17:00 - Stage event begins
20:00 - Event ends
I'm not ready 😭

But I'm also so ready. Just freaking give me some glimpse of hope, Papa Nomuraaaaaaaaaaa.

nixbreakdown-ace-attorney.gif

And don't forget y'all, go to google and type in "5pm JST" to see an automatic conversion to your locally set timezone.

NoWay

Awards
And don't forget y'all, go to google and type in "5pm JST" to see an automatic conversion to your locally set timezone.
10 am for me BUT ON MONDAY
I’m going to be at work 🤡

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
How is that possible? It shouldn't be any later than a Sunday.
That's what I was wondering. I was so confused when I googled the conversion.

From what I can tell, I'm going to be waking up Sunday morning to the KH news and hopefully a live concert from Utada doing a KH theme song medley and debuting the KH 4 theme.

Back