• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event held in Tokyo on April 10th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Would anyone happen to know the time frame of when the event would be happening here in the states?
Want to see if its worth it staying up late :unsure:

Awards
Would anyone happen to know the time frame of when the event would be happening here in the states?
Want to see if its worth it staying up late :unsure:

Pacific Daylight Time: Saturday April 9th/April 10th (10:00 pm-4:00 am)
Central Time: April 10th (12:00 am - 6:00 am)
Eastern Standard Time: April 10th (1:00 am - 7:00 am)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Does anyone else think 104 and 10/4 have a connection? KH3 ReMIND ends with a direct quote from KH1's opening and the next game could be KH4, so what if's like some kind of code or hint: (KH)1 - 0 - (KH)4?

Well, that's my crazy KH fan theory for today.

Is there any chance that we get any info whatsoever from this event? I'm not staying up or waking up early for anything, not even KH, because when I wake up it's going to be there waiting for me, instead of having to sit through talking.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Is there any chance that we get any info whatsoever from this event? I'm not staying up or waking up early for anything, not even KH, because when I wake up it's going to be there waiting for me, instead of having to sit through talking.
It's poor optics to have a 20th anniversary event, hype it up on multiple official channels, and not showcase what is coming soon in the future.

THEN AGAIN that is exactly Square Enix's M.O. when it comes to anniversary events.

It'd be nice to get something in 6 days time on the actual anniversary, like confirmation that they'll be announcing a new game so people are more likely to pay attention on the 10th, but 🤷‍♂️

We know they're working on the next game. We know that they've had a couple of years of development time by now. KH3's main development finished in November 2018; Square Enix and Disney would have engaged in discussion about what IPs to include in the next game around that time. Concepts would have been approved, outlines approved etc. We know that Re Mind and MoM's cutscenes were done to keep the team busy while other things were being worked on for KH4.

But sometimes with Square Enix it feels like a "they don't know that we know" situation and we're left disappointed a lot lol.

Unrelated note but for KH's 10th anniversary there was an entire game released (Dream Drop Distance). Crazy how time flies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think we'll get something. I'm pretty sure Square wouldn't ban photos/footage from the Stage Show event for nothing.
I don’t think anybody thinks we will get nothing, but that we will get it so much later and by then it’ll all be spoiled anyways, and that there will still be a lot that is exclusive to the event.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I just hope that we get a HD quality video for the concert and that Utada will appear to promote her new album including the new theme for KH4) and sing a KH1-3 theme medley.

NoWay

Awards
Honestly, I just need what is being released and dates. I rather see HD quality videos of trailers, instead of cellphone recordings with shaky hands and people screaming.
I’d rather have cellphone recordings with shaky hands and people screaming than nothing tbh
In 2018 there was also another “private” KH3 trailer, which I think was the orchestra trailer. But it was different than the official one we got. It was still nice to have.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I’d rather have cellphone recordings with shaky hands and people screaming than nothing tbh
In 2018 there was also another “private” KH3 trailer, which I think was the orchestra trailer. But it was different than the official one we got. It was still nice to have.

This. At this point anything to spite these closed event mentalities. Idk these events feel more elitist and gatekeepy than special.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I was surprised that trailer never released. It has the first look and voice at Randall, the dancing mini-game in Corona, the release date!

It was great seeing it live since I flew to LA for the concert but man, it’s shitty that private trailers were still happening.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I hope that the rest of the world gets some 20th Anniversary merch, I really want that 20th Anniversary hoodie but the one I can order online is a small

Back