• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Digimon Adventure tri

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What is your favorite series of Digimon?

• Total voters

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Haven't watched a second of it. It's for a different generation than mine.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I haven't seen it yet. I'll have to buy it on home media first if it's not shown on TV. (I still haven't seen Sailor Moon Crystal either, partly because the prices for that series are outrageous due to SM being so popular.)

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I haven't seen it yet. I'll have to buy it on home media first if it's not shown on TV. (I still haven't seen Sailor Moon Crystal either, partly because the prices for that series are outrageous due to SM being so popular.)
The series is currently being shown on Crunchyroll, even without the need for a subscription so long as you don’t mind the occasional ads. The only downside is just those without a subscription will be a week behind.

It‘s been a bit since I watched the 2020 series, took a break around episode 27, but what I have seen has been pretty good 👍 and I’ve seen a few clips regarding alternate forms and digivolutions for the partner Digimon and that’s a neat surprise to help it stand on its own two feet. I’ll come back to it sooner or later, but so far, it’s solid 👍

Barrett

Awards
Been catching premieres for the reboot since day one and yeah, I can definitely say it started out strong and was glad that they're doing a new original storyline for the reboot instead of just reusing the one from the original anime. The pacing gets pretty janky imo once you get past the first batch of episodes after they introduce nearly everyone in the main cast.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Lulcy

Awards
Digimon "Ghost Game", coming fall 2021, taking over the "Adventure" reboot.

e7s1nyuvkaezfhl.jpeg

The new film will tell a story about Daisuke Motomiya and the other characters from the Digimon Adventure 02 anime. Director Tomohisa Taguchi and writer Akatsuki Yamatoya are reuniting from Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna to work on the new film. Below is an "super-early teaser trailer" for the film:

e7swjdwvoaaioen.jpeg

The film's teaser visual reads, "The new Digimon film is 02. Now, the gates to adventure open …. 'I'm the world's first human to form a partner relationship with a Digimon."

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Ghost Game is an interesting title for a Digimon series. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Also, I don’t know who’ll be adapting characte designs for animation, but I can tell the Ghost Game kids were drawn by Tenya Yabuno, artist of Digimon V-Tamer 01.

Also I’m curious to see how the new 02 movie will address Kizuna, if at all, along with the story they plan to tell. Either way, it’s a good time to be a Digimon fan😄

Lulcy

Awards
Soo this happened at a DigiFest not long ago.

They have a Digmon convention themed around Tamers, and the original Tamers writer decided to use the audio drama to just make it his soapbox to have a cry about conspiracy theories and other dumb stuff he’s into on the internet.

More images below:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

WaltK

Awards

They have a Digmon convention themed around Tamers, and the original Tamers writer decided to use the audio drama to just make it his soapbox to have a cry about conspiracy theories and other dumb stuff he’s into on the internet.

More images below:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I don’t understand what this is?

PikaPal

Awards

More images below:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
If this doesn't scream big ol' boomy boomy boomer vibes, I don't know what will. Yikes.

Elysium

Awards
Yeah... Cancel Culture and political correctness, as annoying and unbearable as they often can be in many situations I've seen play out online, aren't responsible for "fake news." That's mostly coming from social media bot farms. To blame political correctness for the mass lies online sounds very Trumpy. If they were simply having a nuanced critique of Cancel Culture--God knows there's plenty of incidents to criticize--that would be one thing, but that part of blaming it for fakes news makes it sound like rightwing propaganda / drivel.

Thankfully I was never a big fan of Tamers anyway. I'm glad it didn't happen to anything related to the Adventure re-make.

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
It’s worth noting that the script was written only by Konaka left to his own devices with no involvement from Toei, as stated by the man himself :

While I haven’t watched the script reading in question, using those terms for a villain name and attack is fairly cringey. Somehow I get the feeling if different terms were used or if Toei had some input on the script he was writing, this backlash could have been avoided.

The 2018 script was a really neat idea though, would’ve rather had a direct continuation to that so it could follow up on that cliffhanger.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Yep, and I’m looking forward to it😄

I actually like that we’re getting a new dub cast for the Digidestined and partner Digimon. The 2020 anime went with a new cast for the kids in the Japanese language, so why not? Plus it’s a new continuity, so while we likely won’t hear any reprisals from the old cast, there is still the 02 movie in the works where that could happen.

And speaking of the new cast, with the knowledge that Ben Diskin is Agumon this time around, maybe that means we’ll here both old and new voices in the franchise as different characters separated from previous iterations, eg. Steve Blum as Leomon or Max Mittelman as Gomamon. Either way, looking forward to seeing who else they cast😁

Elysium

Awards
Well, the tri. series sort of ruined the whole thing for me by re-casting Matt / Yamato unnecessarily (with the original anime's dub voice actor saying he wasn't even asked to return online, when he would've been willing)... So I mean, might as well just re-cast everyone for the new anime.

PikaPal

Awards
I had a feeling the new series was gonna be a full on recast with this being a reboot (though not a very good one from what I've heard). Whoever's voicing both Joe and Mimi have some incredibly large shoes to fill after the unfortunate passing with both Michael Lindsay and Philece Sampler.

Back