• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thoughts on this possible leak for the 20th anniversary?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chie

Awards
It's weird how much you guys think Nomura controls the game industry itself.

Nomura didn't decide "I want to make less games and only make one game every 5 years".

Megavoltage

Awards
I've grown to miss the meaty side games honestly. With the BBS/DDD team becoming the main console team, we're lacking the B tier games that tide us over waiting for the main course.
Me too, it's killing me. To make it worse the missing people have been saved so we have plenty of characters to play with in the sandbox, it's not like that awkward stretch of time between BBS-KH3 where the roster was very limited. We also have worldlines now, no need to worry about the status quo, hop into a different dimension and go crazy. It's the absolute perfect time for meaty side games!!

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
NO to meaty side games when our main games are the leanest meat you'll find. I don't like the KH fandom idea that, ah, every plot point MUST have its own dedicated form of media. Why can't we have these sub plots in a main game? There's certainly the space for it. And frankly, we were getting treated too well with one KH game a year. There needs to be a realignment of priorities when it comes to KH, from a dev and fan perspective and I hope KH4 (I'm pretty sure that's our next game, mobile trash withstanding) is a lot more fleshed out than any previous entry.

Also, a side note, but reading through this thread just made me think "yep, this thread is prime material for getting aggressively screen shot out of context to start twitter arguments" XD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don’t care if we get side games or not. I want them on Switch and PS5 but I’d they don’t happen, I’m not going to complain. I just don’t want any potential main story or key plot in these side games to be mobile games. That’s all.

The D+ series might just well be the "big" thing of the event.
Nah, as Sign pointed out there is a mysterious game that is in dev. They will absolutely hype that. It’s been three years, and they were working on it for longer before we knew its existence.

NoWay

Awards

There was this rumor half a year ago About a new game called Kingdom Hearts “Lost King”. Idk if this is reliable at all (because Reddit), but I find the idea quite interesting.

I’d like if we got a “side story game” before KH4. But I also wouldn’t mind if we got KH4 as the next entry as long as it’s next gen only. I really want to have the best possible experience.

EDIT:
Well forget it. “Final Fantasy XVI will be at Square Enix Presents 10/01.”
There wasn’t even a SE Presents in January or not?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, that Lost King thing didn't even sound real to me. That said, to the title itself--I've always thought it was weird that they didn't explore the idea of some kind of royalty mythology attached to Kingdom Hearts rather than all the stuff about foretellers and worldlines.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
NO to meaty side games when our main games are the leanest meat you'll find. I don't like the KH fandom idea that, ah, every plot point MUST have its own dedicated form of media. Why can't we have these sub plots in a main game? There's certainly the space for it. And frankly, we were getting treated too well with one KH game a year. There needs to be a realignment of priorities when it comes to KH, from a dev and fan perspective and I hope KH4 (I'm pretty sure that's our next game, mobile trash withstanding) is a lot more fleshed out than any previous entry.
I just wanna play more KH games, man. It's been 10 years since DDD, that's a whole half of the series existence ago. The 2nd half has been a tiring wait for 1 game with only HD ports of old games, mobile shit, glorified tech demo, and DDR filling in the rest of the decade. And I would like the Switch to get at least 1 game that isn't Cloud or DDR. Although I would also accept a musou spinoff instead.

Plus, KH3 had a very particular feeling of product placement. Except for Hercules every world had either recent or upcoming films/shows (Toy Story 4, Tangled series, BH6 series, Frozen 2, Monsters at Work). I can only assume KH4 will similarly pander to recent movies. Which is not a bad thing at all mind you, by all means give us Zootopia and Coco. However it doesn't leave a lot of room for older Disney properties that aren't treated as an active brand. Robin Hood, Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove, Sword in the Stone, Rescuers Down Under, Mickey and the Beanstalk, Jungle Book, Black Cauldron, Great Mouse Detective, any number of their older tv shows, where would any of these fit without side games to showcase them?

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I sincerely doubt that Yozora's game is going to be a mobile one.

And whether or not the rumors of two mobile games is true, it's a reality. Mobile games are good cash grabs, so Square is gonna try to maintain an ecosystem of console-mobile games for Kingdom Hearts. If it's two mobile games, then I presume one is gonna be a generic character-buying game, and the other might be something more serious/linear.

Or it's actually one mobile game and the other is the integration of KINGDOM HEARTS properties in that Disney mobile game that has you play as every Disney character

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Or it's actually one mobile game and the other is the integration of KINGDOM HEARTS properties in that Disney mobile game that has you play as every Disney character
I have wondered why we never see KH appear in Disney stuff like Sorcerer's Arena when they do pop up in WoFF or Brave Exvius.

The Speedstorm game could be a good place to start.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I have wondered why we never see KH appear in Disney stuff like Sorcerer's Arena when they do pop up in WoFF or Brave Exvius.

The Speedstorm game could be a good place to start.
With the 20th anniversary coming up, I could see there being some KH events in games.

Like Disney Emoji Blitz and Final Fantasy 14

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It's weird how much you guys think Nomura controls the game industry itself.

Nomura didn't decide "I want to make less games and only make one game every 5 years".
I rather one numbered title every 5 years over 3 stupid phone games.

D

Deleted member 246005

Surt fits Dark Road's use of Norse Myths.

The new Rinoa like character seems cool.

I don't know much about Brain other than people thinks he's a younger Braig. So that description could be baiting us.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Nomura isn't in control of how his projects turn out. He may make stuff but he still has to get his ideas approved by SE. I have a feeling Dark Road was something that he was adamant about and only barely got a mobile game out of; his previous statements can be inferred that way. Another two mobile games would be foolish, but the SE brass aren't new to making those kinds of decisions. The biggest money maker at Square Enix right now is XIV and it's basically doing as well as it is because Yoshi P is (IIRC) on the board and is almost untouchable by the ones who'd really mess it up. I don't think Nomura has that luxury, and probably the only reason KH isn't entirely thrown to the dogs is Disney's influence.

That being said, I highly doubt the rumors of 2 new mobile games are true (but seeing as I am saying this with complete confidence, the world will find some way to make me a fool and for this bad idea to be real) especially because UX and DR were JUST killed. If a new mobile game was in development it would make more sense to just suspend the story of DR entirely and put it on the newer mobile game instead of making DR playable offline and a full story.

There was this rumor half a year ago About a new game called Kingdom Hearts “Lost King”. Idk if this is reliable at all (because Reddit), but I find the idea quite interesting.

I’d like if we got a “side story game” before KH4. But I also wouldn’t mind if we got KH4 as the next entry as long as it’s next gen only. I really want to have the best possible experience.

EDIT:
Well forget it. “Final Fantasy XVI will be at Square Enix Presents 10/01.”
There wasn’t even a SE Presents in January or not?
Reading that, it had too many details to be true. A lot of that wouldn't be revealed off the rip, and the world list (with a reveal of what world would be the tutorial) was especially damning.

horto12485

Awards
Nomura isn't in control of how his projects turn out. He may make stuff but he still has to get his ideas approved by SE. I have a feeling Dark Road was something that he was adamant about and only barely got a mobile game out of; his previous statements can be inferred that way. Another two mobile games would be foolish, but the SE brass aren't new to making those kinds of decisions. The biggest money maker at Square Enix right now is XIV and it's basically doing as well as it is because Yoshi P is (IIRC) on the board and is almost untouchable by the ones who'd really mess it up. I don't think Nomura has that luxury, and probably the only reason KH isn't entirely thrown to the dogs is Disney's influence.

That being said, I highly doubt the rumors of 2 new mobile games are true (but seeing as I am saying this with complete confidence, the world will find some way to make me a fool and for this bad idea to be real) especially because UX and DR were JUST killed. If a new mobile game was in development it would make more sense to just suspend the story of DR entirely and put it on the newer mobile game instead of making DR playable offline and a full story.

Reading that, it had too many details to be true. A lot of that wouldn't be revealed off the rip, and the world list (with a reveal of what world would be the tutorial) was especially damning.
Aww i wanted to see Classic/Modern Disney Worlds like Treasure Planet, Jungle Book, Atlantis the Lost Empire, Bambi, Meet the Robinsons, Emperor's New Groove, A Bug's Life Zootopia, Moana and Incredibles. But i can see they want to focus on the Modern Disney CGI Stuff...

Violet Pluto

Awards
Aww i wanted to see Classic/Modern Disney Worlds like Treasure Planet, Jungle Book, Atlantis the Lost Empire, Bambi, Meet the Robinsons, Emperor's New Groove, A Bug's Life Zootopia, Moana and Incredibles. But i can see they want to focus on the Modern Disney CGI Stuff...
I was more specifically talking about the information about the worlds revealed being too much for a first reveal. Like if there was a trailer that showed a snippet of a few worlds, maybe it would be more believable, but no; the fact that they could tell every world immediately and could even say which one would be the tutorial made it more sketchy that it would be alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back