• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thoughts on this possible leak for the 20th anniversary?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AR829038

Awards
May contain future story spoilers and gameplay spoilers

I'd be down for the new content in the older games. But all that effort and no HD versions of 358 or Recoded? Maybe that's why you get a recoded and days key blade possibly.
Honestly, this would be really, REALLY weak for a 20th anniversary event if that's all there is to it. I can't imagine them getting away without announcing at LEAST a couple new full games (NOT mobile games!).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sounds like BS. There is no reason to add more content to the older games at this late stage. Nobody is asking for it, and it wouldn’t really boost sales. MOM getting more songs would be fantastic, but I’d expect that to be DLC and not just some bonus for a new gen collection.

The X stuff sounds like BS. Nothing in where we left off with UX implies the introduction of characters with that sort of Japanese design theme when the game was leaning hard into Nordic designs and lore.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Sounds like BS. There is no reason to add more content to the older games at this late stage. Nobody is asking for it, and it wouldn’t really boost sales. MOM getting more songs would be fantastic, but I’d expect that to be DLC and not just some bonus for a new gen collection.

The X stuff sounds like BS. Nothing in where we left off with UX implies the introduction of characters with that sort of Japanese design theme when the game was leaning hard into Nordic designs and lore.
I agree that it sounds like BS. I just figured it would be interesting discussion.

I like the idea of EZ Codes and Pro Codes being added to the previous games tbh.

SuperNova

Awards
One new mobile game seems plausible. Two mobile games? Well now that's just plain silly. (I do expect an KH3 port for PS5 though.)

Awards
...Wasn't that exactly what we got in Dark Road? You had characters dressed in these Japanese outfits, but with Nordic names...
keyart.jpg

And I'm pretty sure "Master Surt" is based off of Surtur.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Honestly, this would be really, REALLY weak for a 20th anniversary event if that's all there is to it. I can't imagine them getting away without announcing at LEAST a couple new full games (NOT mobile games!).
Given that I'm under the impression they held back DR news for this event, them not having a whole lot else sounds plausible. It can't be a good sign to have the shutdown of a failed mobile game be your Plan B.

I could see it happening if the KH3 worlds were being added as playable. There's no way the Switch version would ever get that so spinning it as a new version comes across better than just saying Switch isn't getting DLC.

Two new mobile games? Imagine how tired we are.
That's the most realistic part of the whole thing! Square's not gonna stop with mobile so of course new KH titles were inevitable.

Zackarix

Awards
Upgraded next gen ports of the whole series don't make much sense with all the recent ports to other consoles. If this really was in the works it would have made more sense to put the ports on hold.

SuperNova

Awards
Honestly, given SE's track record lately I wouldn't be surprised about the re-releases on next gen. But something about this leak smells like BS.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Upgraded next gen ports of the whole series don't make much sense with all the recent ports to other consoles. If this really was in the works it would have made more sense to put the ports on hold.
Then the Switch users will have to pay the full amount (again) to get the "upgraded" cloud versions lol

Soldier

Awards
Yozora must spend the next two years trying to find Abu in Agrabah.
That F*#kinn monkey....

REALLY hoping that isn't going to be the case. I never tried the KH mobile games and likely never will. Though I would want to try that lost one if we're ever able to emulate it/ Nomura rereleases it in 2040.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back