• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► I dont understand time travel in the series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I dont know wheere to even begin with this. First is the Youn Xehanort thing where he is visited by Ansem but Ansem was once Young Xehanort and he got visitted by Ansem and so on so its basically a loop without a beggining? Then there is Union Cross. There is completely lose it. Like, some worlds dont exist yet but the book of prophecies can create data projections of them that they acess through virtual daybreak town? So, they time travel to the future but dont change it or something? Or the Ark for that matter,if they cast their bodies asied, how do they get them back? Why did Xehanort need replicas?

Even craziers is in KH3. Sora, and the guardings, they lose initially and Sora is in the final wolrd. But then i dont get what happens. Did he bring all the hearts back to the same timeline and Lingering will intervened or did he create a new timeline? Also, in Remind, Sora time travels again and aids Lingeing Will thought LW is destroyed once more. And then is what i dont get it at all. Its that part where he gathers Kairis pieces in Scala ad Caelum. Whats going on there? Then they all defeat xehanort together but Sora and Kairi return to the other timeline? Doesnt Xehanort transcend time or something? Are there multiple timelines basically?

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
The basic rules of how time travel works in KH universe:

1) To travel through time you must cast aside your body, because only your heart is able to make the journey.
2) One can only travel to points in time where one has an 'anchor' of sorts--a version of oneself that exists there already.
3) When one returns to their original time, they will forget the experience and all memories of it, but their heart will have a sort of inkling that it happened, without the person really knowing why. This can guide them to take certain actions.
4) It has been established that even if you don't have a body, so long as someone remembers you and you are meant to exist in that time, your body is able to be reconstructed around your heart.

*Timeless river seems to operate outside of these rules, and it just sort of...does its own thing.

The Ark in UX works on a similar level. First, there were technically two separate arks, one in the datascape that transported everyone from inside the datascape back to the real world, and the other ark (the "real" Ark) which sends them to some random point in time in the future. As far as "Darkness" explained, while riding in the ark your flesh is stripped away leaving just a heart. Then, when you reach your destination some "intermediary" meets with you to reconstruct your body. And, if people remember/know of you in that time period, your body will be restored. As far as I know, there isn't any more information as to who or what that "intermediary" is, but perhaps it has something to do with the people who contacted Brain upon his exit of the pod.

Either way, events that have happened are not meant to be changed by time travel. If something happens, even if you time travel it will still happen because the time traveling allowed for those events to happen. However, the Master of Masters mentioned about branching/alternate timelines. The reason why the MoM trapped the Union Cross people inside the digital space was to prevent them from using time travel to create an alternate time-line using knowledge from the book of prophesies.

This essentially prevented alternative timelines from being an issue UNTIL Sora blew that up during the Keyblade War. When Sora used the power of waking to save everyone that DID create an alterate timeline. The first real split. Because the original predicted timeline was that they all were defeated, which DID happen. Then Sora created a split in the timeline to create a new one where they were not defeated.

During Re:mind Sora used the power of waking again to attempt to bring Kairi back. This didn't create an alternate timeline. Sora went back in time (as a heart) and was essentially taking refuge inside of his friends' bodies as they went through the events of the keyblade war again. This allowed him (and us as the audience) to witness other perspectives of the same fights, but those events always played out that way the first time, we just weren't able to see it because Sora was either not there or unconscious. In other words, he wasn't actually changing anything in the past here.
As far as the Sora and Kairi vs Xehanort fight goes-- the original final boss fight was against Xehanort's heart. We sort of went into that portal thing and Sora was kind of beating him up from the inside, basically. But Xehanort's body would still have been outside where all the other Guardians were. It is my understanding that Sora and Kairi were beating up Xehanort's body outside while original kh3 Sora, Donald and Goofy were beating up his heart on the inside.

Eventually once Sora catches back up to the time that he first left to go find Kairi then the points in time would merge back together. As far as I know there weren't any alternate timelines created here, because as far as we saw with the vanilla kh3 ending, Kairi was always saved. However, the act of saving her would have at the very least left an imprint on their hearts of the experience (it's not clear how their memory of the events were impacted, but we know at least Kairi remembers the Final World).

Awards
And, if people remember/know of you in that time period, your body will be restored. As far as I know, there isn't any more information as to who or what that "intermediary" is, but perhaps it has something to do with the people who contacted Brain upon his exit of the pod.

but how did ven, lauriam and elrena get their bodies back?

When Sora used the power of waking to save everyone that DID create an alterate timeline. The first real split. Because the original predicted timeline was that they all were defeated, which DID happen. Then Sora created a split in the timeline to create a new one where they were not defeated.

but if Sora, rewrote time, how was Terranort aware he time travelled?

During Re:mind Sora used the power of waking again to attempt to bring Kairi back. This didn't create an alternate timeline. Sora went back in time (as a heart) and was essentially taking refuge inside of his friends' bodies as they went through the events of the keyblade war again. This allowed him (and us as the audience) to witness other perspectives of the same fights, but those events always played out that way the first time, we just weren't able to see it because Sora was either not there or unconscious. In other words, he wasn't actually changing anything in the past here. Eventually once Sora catches back up to the time that he first left to go find Kairi then the points in time would merge back together. As far as I know there weren't any alternate timelines created here, because as far as we saw with the vanilla kh3 ending, Kairi was always saved. However, the act of saving her would have at the very least left an imprint on their hearts of the experience (it's not clear how their memory of the events were impacted, but we know at least Kairi remembers the Final World).

but in Remind, the timeline where Sora saves Kairi has all the guardians of light together destroying Xehanort. Xehanort was stropped before he could be trrasnformed. Or I misunderstood that part?

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
We aren't shown this event yet so I can't say for sure. All we saw was their departure. However, I assume it has something to do with what Darkness told Maleficent, about how after riding on the Ark an "intermediary" will arrive where you are and restore your body somehow. This wasn't really elaborated on.

but if Sora, rewrote time, how was Terranort aware he time travelled?

I'm not sure I fully understand your question or the part of the game it is referring to. Terranort is aware of the mechanisms of time travel--likely because it was explained to him even if Terranort himself cannot remember ever time jumping. When he is rambling in front of the group about how "today is the day you all lose" he is fairly confident that they will die. Because, well, they do. He presumably was told or knows what was written in the book of prophesies, he knows what is meant to happen. But Terranort is shocked and surprised by the arrival of Lingering Will because there was no foresight into that, no mention of that event because it was a new event on a new timeline. If it was not a new event on a new timeline, the book of prophesies would have seen it happen.
If you are asking how Terranort was aware that Sora time traveled in remind, it's because Sora told him.
When Sora suddenly jumps out to face Terranort in the altered timeline, Terranort asks him "how can you be here?" and Sora responds "hey, I can travel to different times too, you know."

but in Remind, the timeline where Sora saves Kairi has all the guardians of light together destroying Xehanort. Xehanort was stropped before he could be trrasnformed. Or I misunderstood that part?
We have a few reference points we can use to match up how long it is taking Sora to do the events of Remind compared to the Sora doing the events of vanilla kh3 ending when we see Sora spotting himself arrive in Scala, etc but some of the events we have to sort of assume a bit when they occur so an exact timeline is a bit iffy.
While Sora is fighting through the final boss fight in Scala (vanilla kh3) the other guardians are doing their own segment outside with fighting all the true org 13 clones, getting blasted into the Keyholes, Mickey's last stand, etc.
However, we know that Sora and Kairi beat up weird armiger Xehanort and everyone does their triumphant "my friends are my power" light blast of friendship into Xehanort's body outside at the same time that Sora was seemingly revived from KO at the very end of the vanilla kh3 final boss fight. So we at least know that the final fights of both Remind and KH3 vanilla were occuring at the same time. So everyone teamed up to beat up Xehanort's body and clone dudes outside, then Sora Donald and Goofy finished the job beating up Xehanort's heart/soul or whatever on the inside shortly after.

Awards
We aren't shown this event yet so I can't say for sure. All we saw was their departure. However, I assume it has something to do with what Darkness told Maleficent, about how after riding on the Ark an "intermediary" will arrive where you are and restore your body somehow. This wasn't really elaborated on.

didnt they show Lauriam in a flower of fileds and Elrena in a storm?

Terranort is aware of the mechanisms of time travel--likely because it was explained to him even if Terranort himself cannot remember ever time jumping. When he is rambling in front of the group about how "today is the day you all lose" he is fairly confident that they will die. Because, well, they do. He presumably was told or knows what was written in the book of prophesies, he knows what is meant to happen. But Terranort is shocked and surprised by the arrival of Lingering Will because there was no foresight into that, no mention of that event because it was a new event on a new timeline. If it was not a new event on a new timeline, the book of prophesies would have seen it happen.
If you are asking how Terranort was aware that Sora time traveled in remind, it's because Sora told him.
When Sora suddenly jumps out to face Terranort in the altered timeline, Terranort asks him "how can you be here?" and Sora responds "hey, I can travel to different times too, you know."

oh so Terrnaort was basically going "by the book" and Sora defied what the book said

While Sora is fighting through the final boss fight in Scala (vanilla kh3) the other guardians are doing their own segment outside with fighting all the true org 13 clones, getting blasted into the Keyholes, Mickey's last stand, etc.
However, we know that Sora and Kairi beat up weird armiger Xehanort and everyone does their triumphant "my friends are my power" light blast of friendship into Xehanort's body outside at the same time that Sora was seemingly revived from KO at the very end of the vanilla kh3 final boss fight. So we at least know that the final fights of both Remind and KH3 vanilla were occuring at the same time. So everyone teamed up to beat up Xehanort's body and clone dudes outside, then Sora Donald and Goofy finished the job beating up Xehanort's heart/soul or whatever on the inside shortly after.

So the Xehanort wielding the X blade was a ghost? how did he die if he didnt have a body?

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
So the Xehanort wielding the X blade was a ghost? how did he die if he didnt have a body?
He...did have a body. Don't forget, in the KH universe hearts are able to do quite a lot even without bodies, however. I mean, Sora was essentially just a walking heart with no body after his Heartlessification in Hollow Bastion all the way to the beginning of KH2 when Roxas gave him his body back.

Sora, Donald and Goofy were inside of Xehanorts heart-- they took a portal there to go INSIDE of Xehanort. They were fighting, I guess, a sort of astral projection of Xehanort's consciousness while being inside. It's why Xehanort had such wonky abilities to literally twist the world sideways and upside down because he could control his own headspace in that way.

Xehanort's body was defeated outside, by Sora, Kairi and everyone else doing a massive friendship laser blast. His heart and his will or whatever else Xehanort is made of was defeated by Sora, Donald and Goofy. His heart admitted defeat, and his body outside perished.

Awards
however. I mean, Sora was essentially just a walking heart with no body after his Heartlessification in Hollow Bastion all the way to the beginning of KH2 when Roxas gave him his body back.

yeah biut that was because kairi used some hax powers (maybe she acted as a medium like in Ux?) to give Sora a body

Sora, Donald and Goofy were inside of Xehanorts heart-- they took a portal there to go INSIDE of Xehanort.

but how was scala ad caelum in MX's heart? How was Kingdom Hearts in his heart?

. His heart and his will or whatever else Xehanort is made of was defeated by Sora, Donald and Goofy. His heart admitted defeat, and his body outside perished.

So you are telling me that the GoLs traveleld in MX's heart??? Id say its absurd but that would be an understatement considering whats coming next

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
yeah biut that was because kairi used some hax powers (maybe she acted as a medium like in Ux?) to give Sora a body
Not exactly true. Kairi's powers restored Sora's Heartless form to look like his Sora form. She did not fully restore his body--that was being used by Roxas. Sora was still only just a heart that whole time until Roxas and Sora fused at the end of KH2 prologue.

Consider the fact that Heartless are fundamentally 'only' hearts as well-- yet they have physical form. Being only a heart in the KH universe does not necessarily mean you are physically untouchable or cannot interact with the world around you.

but how was scala ad caelum in MX's heart?...So you are telling me that the GoLs traveleld in MX's heart???

That wasn't the actual Scala. It was the memory of Scala that existed in Xehanort's memories. It's the same sort of situation that happened at the end of KH3D when Riku dove into Sora's heart to help wake him up at the end of the game and arrived on Destiny Islands. Riku wasn't actually on Destiny Islands there, it was a world created inside of Sora.

Hearts have a lot of incredibly strange and unique properties in this game. They can host whole other identities, they can exist as their own beings outside of a body, they can also create their own unique spaces that others can dive into to visit should the visitor have the power to do so.

Awards
Kairi's powers restored Sora's Heartless form to look like his Sora form. She did not fully restore his body--that was being used by Roxas. Sora was still only just a heart that whole time until Roxas and Sora fused at the end of KH2 prologue.

true but he still had a physical body regardless. also, sora had to merge with roxas not to get a body but to wake up from his slumber. roxas had absorbed the memories xion held and these memories had to go back. and ofc mergin with roxas would make him stronger,, there was no indication sotrywise that sora was incomplete after roxas was born. this was stated by Diz in kh2 but was retconned in days

That wasn't the actual Scala. It was the memory of Scala that existed in Xehanort's memories. It's the same sort of situation that happened at the end of KH3D when Riku dove into Sora's heart to help wake him up at the end of the game and arrived on Destiny Islands. Riku wasn't actually on Destiny Islands there, it was a world created inside of Sora.

Hearts have a lot of incredibly strange and unique properties in this game. They can host whole other identities, they can exist as their own beings outside of a body, they can also create their own unique spaces that others can dive into to visit should the visitor have the power to do so.

so scala ad caelum doesnt exist in the real world?

Xx_HS_xX

Awards
yeah but that was because kairi used some hax powers (maybe she acted as a medium like in Ux?) to give Sora a body

True but he still had a physical body regardless. sora had to merge with roxas not to get a body but to wake up from his slumber.....there was no indication sotrywise that sora was incomplete after roxas was born. this was stated by Diz in kh2 but was retconned in days.

Yes, Kairi's heart did act as the medium. it's confirmed in the ultimania.

KHIIFM Ult pg 228: In addition, Roxas is left behind as a result of Heartless Sora returning to his original state through the medium of Kairi’s heart.

So in the case of Sora's rebuilt body: Kairi's memories of Sora fulfilled the memory aspect and Kairi's heart itself fulfilled the medium aspect as per her special PoH powers and connection to him.

I think the other commenter got a slight misconception. Kairi did help him get a new body instead of helping his heart project one. it's confirmed in the ultimania info I showed above, the secret reports, and its confirmed in KHUnionX that the heart will grow a new body when the medium and memory aspect are fulfilled.

Ansem Secret Report 12:...This is likely because Sora's time as a Heartless was short, having recovered his heart and returned to his human form soon after leaving behind Roxas, his Nobody....Likewise, Roxas is Sora's Nobody, but was left behind because Sora's Heartless regained human form using Kairi's heart instead of his own.

KHUnion X - Quest 920 - Darkness: As long as those things exist in the future when you arrive, your heart will grow a new body to inhabit.

That is why Ansem made it a point to say how incredible it was that Sora was able to get a body without destroying his Nobody as that was usually the normal process of getting a body back after a heart lost their body. (it seems Ansem didn't know that the heart could regrow a new body). It's also why Roxas would've been able to live on his own without merging back his borrowed body from Sora. As you basically said, Diz and Naminé never needed Roxas's body for Sora or else they would've noticed the delay from the beginning, and not when Xion starting syphoning alot of his memories, and would've said that Sora needs Roxas body and memories. They only ever needed Roxas for the memories he got from Sora but not the body. The body part was an unfortunate addition in Roxas case.

Last edited:
Awards
Yes, Kairi's heart did act as the medium. it's confirmed in the ultimania

i never would have guessed

So in the case of Sora's rebuilt body: Kairi's memories of Sora fulfilled the memory aspect and Kairi's heart itself fulfilled the medium aspect as per her special PoH powers and connection to him.

I think the other comment got a slight misconception. Kairi did help him get a new body instead of helping his heart project one. it's confirmed in the ultimania info I showed above, the secret reports, and its confirmed in KHUnionX that the heart will grow a new body when the medium and memory aspect are fulfilled.

yeah because after sora was restored it didnt seem like he had lost any powers of his. he kept growing stronger until he went into statis

it seems Ansem didn't know that the heart could regrow a new body

Ansem relied mostly on observation and his negative predjudice against nobodies would prevent him from realising this

It's also why Roxas would've been able to live on his own without merging back his borrowed body from Sora. As you basically said, Diz and Naminé never needed Roxas's body for Sora or else they would've noticed the delay from the beginning, and not when Xion starting syphoning alot of his memories, and would've said that Sora needs Roxas body and memories. They only ever needed the Roxas for the memories he got from Sora but not the body. The body part was an unfortunate addition in Roxas case.

i think this was retconned in days. in KH2 diz said roxas holds half of sora's power but sora was never weakened after roxas was born. unless diz implied that roxas merging with sora would double sora's strength? idk if roxas could exist in the same proximity with roxas though. cause roxas was getting uncomfortable when he went to caslt oblivion and we saw namine being unstable when around Kairi.

Xx_HS_xX

Awards
i never would have guessed

😂😂 lol, I'm done.

Nevertheless, I just wanted to show you that I agree and that there is direct proof of the saying that Kairi's heart is a medium. Because with the repeated phrasings that they use to describe how Kairi heart was the medium, without using the word "medium", I feel like some people might not interpret it like that unless it has the word "medium"(or something close to that). So at least this description is something that you can quote in future discussion in case anyone has some misconceptions or a have a hard time believing it.
I think this was retconned in days. in KH2 diz said roxas holds half of sora's power but sora was never weakened after roxas was born. unless diz implied that roxas merging with sora would double sora's strength? idk if roxas could exist in the same proximity with roxas though. cause roxas was getting uncomfortable when he went to caslt oblivion and we saw namine being unstable when around Kairi.

In a sense I think - but I guess it depends on how you look at it. Because it showed that Xion got her powers by absorbing Sora's memories. So it could be a thing where the memories also hold part of the power besides the body. (I think this is because memories are part of what forms the heart and the heart is where ones powers originate).

So while it's true that we never saw Sora getting weakened during the end of KHI and CoM - what if that was because, during that time, his memories, although they were getting sucked into Xion and Roxas, were getting replaced with with similar yet false memories in which it was still able to sustain his powers/heart. However, when those false memories were getting taken out by Namine, and the real memories were getting taken by Xion and Roxas, Sora did get weaker while he was asleep. Those memories are what form the part of his heart and if you take those memories the heart becomes less than before and therefore it's less power than before.

So I guess, in this case, it was just Roxas returning Sora's original strength/part of his heart via his memories.

Last edited:
Awards
Nevertheless, I just wanted to show you that I agree and that there is direct proof of the saying that Kairi's heart is a medium. Because with the repeated phrasings that they use to describe how Kairi heart was the medium, without using the word "medium", I feel like some people might not interpret it like that unless it has the word "medium"(or something close to that). So at least this description is something that you can quote in future discussion in case anyone has some misconceptions or a have a hard time believing it.

yeah i understand i meant that i didnt actually expect it to be explained that way. I didnt even know KH3 had an ultimania

. Because it showed that Xion got her powers by absorbing Sora's memories. So it could be a thing where the memories also hold part of the power besides the body. (I think this is because memories are part of what forms the heart and the heart is where ones powers originate).

yeah i think xion got Sora's combat memories, muscle memory you could say

So while it's true that we never saw Sora getting weakened during the end of KHI and CoM - what if that was because, during that time, his memories, although they were getting sucked into Xion and Roxas, were getting replaced with with similar yet false memories in which it was still able to sustain his powers/heart. However, when those false memories were getting taken out by Namine, and the real memories were getting taken by Xion and Roxas, Sora did get weaker while he was asleep. Those memories are what form the part of his heart and if you take those memories the heart becomes less than before and therefore it's less power than before.

Sora didnt lose any memories in KH1. Maybe Namine giving him fake ones could be a possible explanation.

Awards
The basic rules of how time travel works in KH universe:

1) To travel through time you must cast aside your body, because only your heart is able to make the journey.
2) One can only travel to points in time where one has an 'anchor' of sorts--a version of oneself that exists there already.
3) When one returns to their original time, they will forget the experience and all memories of it, but their heart will have a sort of inkling that it happened, without the person really knowing why. This can guide them to take certain actions.
4) It has been established that even if you don't have a body, so long as someone remembers you and you are meant to exist in that time, your body is able to be reconstructed around your heart.

*Timeless river seems to operate outside of these rules, and it just sort of...does its own thing.

The Ark in UX works on a similar level. First, there were technically two separate arks, one in the datascape that transported everyone from inside the datascape back to the real world, and the other ark (the "real" Ark) which sends them to some random point in time in the future. As far as "Darkness" explained, while riding in the ark your flesh is stripped away leaving just a heart. Then, when you reach your destination some "intermediary" meets with you to reconstruct your body. And, if people remember/know of you in that time period, your body will be restored. As far as I know, there isn't any more information as to who or what that "intermediary" is, but perhaps it has something to do with the people who contacted Brain upon his exit of the pod.

Either way, events that have happened are not meant to be changed by time travel. If something happens, even if you time travel it will still happen because the time traveling allowed for those events to happen. However, the Master of Masters mentioned about branching/alternate timelines. The reason why the MoM trapped the Union Cross people inside the digital space was to prevent them from using time travel to create an alternate time-line using knowledge from the book of prophesies.

This essentially prevented alternative timelines from being an issue UNTIL Sora blew that up during the Keyblade War. When Sora used the power of waking to save everyone that DID create an alterate timeline. The first real split. Because the original predicted timeline was that they all were defeated, which DID happen. Then Sora created a split in the timeline to create a new one where they were not defeated.

During Re:mind Sora used the power of waking again to attempt to bring Kairi back. This didn't create an alternate timeline. Sora went back in time (as a heart) and was essentially taking refuge inside of his friends' bodies as they went through the events of the keyblade war again. This allowed him (and us as the audience) to witness other perspectives of the same fights, but those events always played out that way the first time, we just weren't able to see it because Sora was either not there or unconscious. In other words, he wasn't actually changing anything in the past here.
As far as the Sora and Kairi vs Xehanort fight goes-- the original final boss fight was against Xehanort's heart. We sort of went into that portal thing and Sora was kind of beating him up from the inside, basically. But Xehanort's body would still have been outside where all the other Guardians were. It is my understanding that Sora and Kairi were beating up Xehanort's body outside while original kh3 Sora, Donald and Goofy were beating up his heart on the inside.

Eventually once Sora catches back up to the time that he first left to go find Kairi then the points in time would merge back together. As far as I know there weren't any alternate timelines created here, because as far as we saw with the vanilla kh3 ending, Kairi was always saved. However, the act of saving her would have at the very least left an imprint on their hearts of the experience (it's not clear how their memory of the events were impacted, but we know at least Kairi remembers the Final World).

Almost everything checks out. Well done. Long responses like these are a nightmare to write.

Now then, I say "almost" in reference to the split timeline idea. Sora didn't create one. According to the updated journal in Re:Mind, Sora's usage of the PoW created "two contradictory histories within the same timeline." It's still the same timeline.

Essentially, Sora and co. died and the universe went black. Then some time later, the universe reset those events and Sora and co. won. Except Kairi. She never wins.

Mexican Sora

Awards

From the ending in UX, it is implied that Master Xehanort a.k.a the player was Ven's intermediary.

As far as Marluxia/Lauriam goes, remember in the additional scenes for KH2 final mix Xigbar mentions to Zexion that he was the one who found him and given that he's actually Luxu we can assume he was the intermediary for him, maybe even Elrena like he was for the fortellers at the end of KH3.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Now then, I say "almost" in reference to the split timeline idea. Sora didn't create one. According to the updated journal in Re:Mind, Sora's usage of the PoW created "two contradictory histories within the same timeline." It's still the same timeline.

That's a fair take. However perhaps we have different understandings of what I meant by "split" timeline. I didn't mean split as in...create two concurrently running timelines simultaneous to each other. I meant split as in derailed.

During the events of Re:Mind Chirithy specifically called the point in time that Sora altered a "tear in the fabric of time" and when he would be going back he would be going back to "that past", meaning a different past. To me that means Sora quite literally made a tear in the time line and stitched it up into a new, "alternate" timeline. It is unclear if this also means there are now two separately running timelines in different realities, or if the timeline ended up merged together into the one eventuality because this hasn't fully been delved into. The line in the journal you mentioned seems to suggest the latter and I don't see any reason to believe there are multiple timelines running simultaneously to each other (that isn't based off fan theory). And even if they did end up squished into the one instance, for me personally I would still consider what Sora did to be making an alternative timeline because he so heavily edited the events that were "meant" to happen that he literally ripped the current reality. He split the timeline, looped back and edited the bad parts out to make a new alternative better one.

Mostly this is a semantics issue, I think. Regardless, I can understand why there are quite a lot of fan theories running around that involve actual split concurrently running timelines since it is interesting to ponder those sorts of things.

Awards
No one understands time travel in this series. Not even Nomura.

If you think you do, don't. Thoughts are the enemy of peace. I guarantee the "rules" will somehow change with the next entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back