• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chocobo GP, Because Mario Kart 9 Isn't Happening Anytime Soon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Coming 2022.

I don't know what's weirder: this or Yoko Taro's next title being a Switch-exclusive card game.

Confirmed characters
-Chocobo
-Shiroma (White Mage)
-Vivi (Black Mage)
-Steiner (not a Mage)
-Gilgamesh
-A Moggle
-Some red girl chocobo? IDK I don't play the MD games.
-A couple of dudes with mustaches (one of them is probably a Cid)

Confirmed courses
-Cid's Test Track (?)
-Zozo (6)
-Gold Saucer (7)
-Alexandria (9)

So like does anyone remember when a Chocobo racing game was announced for 3DS way back in E3 2011? I wonder if this is the same game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wish this was on more than just the Switch. I really enjoy racers and this would have been great to enjoy with a Dualsense controller.

Hope they put in a minimum 2 reps from each main game and a stage from each main game as well. Throw FFXVI reps in there too, while you're at it SE.

Reactions: Max

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
If this is Switch-only, that sucks. I was really excited to begin with, at all the IX love. Oh, well.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yeah, I'll echo the IX representation is bomb. God, the Switch's library has been looking really attractive lately. Ugh. I don't need another system.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm curious to see who the other racers might be. Mario Kart 8 and CTR have both been awesome this past generation (and might I add I would have LOVED to see a multiplayer version of Yakuza Like a Dragon's Kart Racer), and this is really exciting as something of a fresh face face for kart racing. There hasn't been an entry since the PS1, right? And I never did get a chance to play it, so this will be my first experience with Chocobo Racing and from what I've seen I'm pretty excited.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Now has a release date of March 10th, 2022.

Get ready for pandemonium as you get to the starting line!
Enjoy local and online multiplayer with friends, in different and exciting modes!
You can also compete in online knock-out style tournaments with up to 64 players in Chocobo GP Mode!
Set out on a charming campaign in Story Mode, where Chocobo and friends enter a racing tournament to grant their greatest wish!
Do you have what it takes to claim victory?

More news to come soon about the free-to-play Lite version!
If you want to get a little taste before you buy, Chocobo GP Lite will also be released. This deluxe demo version of the game lets you try out the online Chocobo GP mode, local multiplayer and play through the Prologue chapter of the Story Mode.

& looks like we got Furry Terra:
pohwSNZ.png

Square knows their audience.

Last edited:
Awards
I would be more excited for this game if it included chibi versions of various FF characters like DOO or WoFF. I do like the concept and how it’s not a complete Mario Kart rip off. But these characters are not interesting at all except for Vivi, Steiner, and Gilgamesh.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

It's weird how we're like THIS close to actual Kingdom Karts.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's weird how we're like THIS close to actual Kingdom Karts.
When this popped up I saw Mickey first and thought he was wearing his dark KH3 clothes and I was like “omg it’s happening.”

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So uh turns out this game is a $50 f2p hoax

Didn’t Babylon’s Fall just pull the same shit a few days ago? C’mon SE…
Predatory monetization methods in a premium-priced game are trash and SE should have learned from literally every lawsuit that has happened since EA fucked up with SW Battlefront and their own fuckups with Avengers lol

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Predatory monetization methods in a premium-priced game are trash and SE should have learned from literally every lawsuit that has happened since EA fucked up with SW Battlefront and their own fuckups with Avengers lol
Matsuda’s business strategy is basically make his developers sell snake oil

See: New Year’s love letter to NFTs 🙄

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I've enjoyed my time with the Lite version, but I'm really torn about grabbing the "full" game knowing all of the Season Pass BS.

Back