• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
Riku should’ve stayed evil. Him with Maleficent and Pete would have made a great trio.
I see Maleficent and Pete get compared to Team Rocket from Pokemon a lot, and I always found that insulting. Team Rocket’s actually fun to watch. As well as they needed a Meowth equivalent, so, yeah, Riku. Makes sense in my head.

Soldier

Awards
Riku should’ve stayed evil. Him with Maleficent and Pete would have made a great trio.
I see Maleficent and Pete get compared to Team Rocket from Pokemon a lot, and I always found that insulting. Team Rocket’s actually fun to watch. As well as they needed a Meowth equivalent, so, yeah, Riku. Makes sense in my head.
Perhaps a dark Chirithy would've fit the role better?

Zackarix

Awards
No, Riku probably has the best character arc in the series, there's very little that would make it worth losing and putting him on Team Rocket is not one of those things.

He could have stood to keep a little bit of his attitude from the first game though.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Put them with Vanitas, they'd be the dark mirrors of SDG then.

kaseykockroach

Awards
All of this is stemmed from me liking that San Fransokyo scene with the three, so take that with half a grain of salt.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I knew upon revisits that the Groundshaker excludes Donald and Goofy, but I habitually still gave them potions/ethers pre-entering the fight and it drove me batty. Especially as I usually don’t bother giving items to world-specific party members except leftovers (we’re not using this Champion Belt anymore, so Jack Skellington can have it, I guess).

Zackarix

Awards
Do you ever think about the Matrix virtual Twilight Town, and how it continued to exist? Meaning that there's a version of TT where Roxas had an established history right up until the day where he vanished without a trace. And his friends knew something weird was going on with him and were even willing to team up with their rivals to get to the bottom of it, but they decided to get their homework out of the way first. And the next day he's just gone, and they never find out what happened to him.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Anyone else find it bizarre that all the characters aside from SDG just completely disappear in Keyblade Graveyard pre-final battle? No NPC's or anything? No Riku and company to tell you 'hey man you got this' or something?

WaltK

Awards
Do you ever think about the Matrix virtual Twilight Town, and how it continued to exist? Meaning that there's a version of TT where Roxas had an established history right up until the day where he vanished without a trace. And his friends knew something weird was going on with him and were even willing to team up with their rivals to get to the bottom of it, but they decided to get their homework out of the way first. And the next day he's just gone, and they never find out what happened to him.
It still frustrates me that the virtual Twilight Town has never been revisited in full for this exact reason.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
v616t3d1txx41.jpg

Fan theroy: Ironically, upon dying Truck-kun was isekaied into Verum Rex.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Hope that this is the right place for this but here’s a question for any bilingual kh fans do the names of worlds like the land of Departure or the keyblade graveyard get localized i know proper nouns usually stay untranslated but I just wanted to make sure

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Hope that this is the right place for this but here’s a question for any bilingual kh fans do the names of worlds like the land of Departure or the keyblade graveyard get localized i know proper nouns usually stay untranslated but I just wanted to make sure
In German some of the names remained the same like Agrabah or Atlantica, others that are more descriptive like Destiny Islands (Inseln des Schicksals) and The End of the World (Das Ende der Weld) were translated. Places that had German names in the original like Wonderland (Wunderland) and Neverland (Nimmerland) just used those names.

Interestingly Twilight Town kept it's name, but Traverse Town (Die Stadt Traverse) did not. But i think they might have stopped translating names as much between CoM and KH2, seeing when i double checked, i saw Twilight Town was called Dimmerstadt in CoM.

Alexxio M.

Awards
In German some of the names remained the same like Agrabah or Atlantica, others that are more descriptive like Destiny Islands (Inseln des Schicksals) and The End of the World (Das Ende der Weld) were translated. Places that had German names in the original like Wonderland (Wunderland) and Neverland (Nimmerland) just used those names.

Interestingly Twilight Town kept it's name, but Traverse Town (Die Stadt Traverse) did not. But i think they might have stopped translating names as much between CoM and KH2, seeing when i double checked, i saw Twilight Town was called Dimmerstadt in CoM.
Thanks for the help

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I always wonder if the food on some keyblades is edible. Like the Ice Cream keyblade, can you eat the ice cream? and does the ice cream grow back when you resummon it?

Soldier

Awards
I always wonder if the food on some keyblades is edible. Like the Ice Cream keyblade, can you eat the ice cream? and does the ice cream grow back when you resummon it?
Considering it seems to be hard enough to whack enemies with and shows no sign of breaking, I assume it's merely metal (or Orichalcum I guess?) that is designed to look like ice cream and/or other edible foodstuffs.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Considering it seems to be hard enough to whack enemies with and shows no sign of breaking, I assume it's merely metal (or Orichalcum I guess?) that is designed to look like ice cream and/or other edible foodstuffs.
maybe it's magic? Strong enough to hurt enemies or people if you intend it to.

but outside of fighting, you could eat it maybe

kaseykockroach

Awards
An aspect I always dug from KH1 is how High Jump and Glide were "Shared" abilities. No reason for that gameplay-wise, since the party member AI follows and catches up with you regardless, but it adds to SDG feeling like a team rather than Sora having all the power and D&G just providing inconsequential back-up.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
An aspect I always dug from KH1 is how High Jump and Glide were "Shared" abilities. No reason for that gameplay-wise, since the party member AI follows and catches up with you regardless, but it adds to SDG feeling like a team rather than Sora having all the power and D&G just providing inconsequential back-up.
yeah in later games it always seemed so strange that Donald and Goofy couldn't glide or high jump anymore

Back