• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► What are your theories about Darkness?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
…or to be more specific, the 13/7 Willful Darknesses introduced in Union X?

I find them to be a very interesting concept, and one that can go a lot of cool and fun places, and I can’t wait to see what happens with them in future games. And, on that same token, I wanna hear what theories and thoughts people might have about what’s going on with them.

My personal theory/headcanon (and for all I know this could be outright disproven somewhere in the game) is that they’re the original inhabitants of the Realm of Darkness, attracted to the Realm of Light when they sensed darkness (with a little d) growing in peoples Hearts, and so that led them to invade before eventually shifting into bodiless forms and becoming self-proclaimed embodiments of Darkness itself.

Buy that’s just my dumb idea. What do you all think, and what’s your opinion on the Darkness character/concept/plotline in general?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Vanitas himself isn't a darkness but is possessed by one. Which I say mostly because of how much I hate the retcon.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Vanitas himself isn't a darkness but is possessed by one. Which I say mostly because of how much I hate the retcon.
what do you mean? Vanitas wasn't Norted, he IS darkness, not possessed by one. he's literally a darkness that came out of Ven in Union Cross too. i thought it was pretty obvious he IS one of the darknesses

EighteenEighty

Awards
13 Dark pieces of the X-blade that gained a willful form then later a physical form (like Vanitas).

MoonRabbit

Awards
I wish that the Dark Seeker Saga did more with them. I like the idea that Organization XIII's true secret purpose was gathering vessels to make 13 Xehanorts.

Xehanort: I wonder...could darkness burrow so deep into someone's heart that they don't even know it's there?

Eraqus: That's a scary thought.

Xehanort: Could you turn your Keyblade on a being that has no idea what
they've become?

Xehanort was trying to make 13 "other selves". What if Xehanort was so possessed that he WAS a Darkness without even realizing it. I kinda think that's where Dark Road is going. Xehanort is Superbia/Pride. The original sin.

Ventus was possessed by one of the other seven deadliest sins: the Darkness representing Envy, the Darkness possessing Invi. He was always envious of others' friendships. And Roxas was envious of Hayner, Pence, and Olette. Xigbar was possessed by Lust/Luxu. Saix could have been possessed by Wrath/Ira, etc.

Back