• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH in general is like setting up bowling pins (Minor spoilers for Re:mind and MoM)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

As a wrestle with the demon known as organic chemistry I, I'm also longing for the days when I was able to easily balance my work and play with this series that I love so much. But then I rewatch MoM's ending and realize why my relationship with it has strained to such a degree. I remember all of the setup that Re: Mind gave us with Riku recapping what everyone else is doing post Keyblade War, and the interesting set-ups for future games. Perhaps the Twilight Town would search for clues by day and at night fight off the resident nobodies and heartless at night ala the persona series? What would the wayfinder trio find in the Realm of Darkness now that there are no more worlds in there? how has the landscape changed? How have the FF crew in Radiant Garden come to terms with their king who brought about this mess in the first place? 3 stories that could be easily packaged into games that have SO MUCH POTENTIAL! Then MoM comes around, and then what does Nomura do with these good stories?

He throws them away, like a bunch of bowling pins that have been struck too many times by the bowling balls that are his thoughts.

It took me a while to realize this, but when I did I was livid. Why even bother coming up with ideas when you're just going to discard them for one that you THINK will work out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't having multiple potential ideas for games a GOOD thing when waiting for the next main title? And this is the same Nomura who had to scramble to figure out ways to make KH 1's secret ending canon to the game through KH days, who stresses that KH Bbs is as important as the main titles.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel you, but I'm not too beat up about it because this series has a history of backtracking and filling in gaps like the ones you describe. There's a pretty strong chance we'll at least get a glimpse at TAV in the RoD and the Twilight gang during the gap year. By all indications, the story segment of MoM was shoehorned in late in the development cycle; I don't think it was ever meant to properly cover the plot points set up in Re:Mind so much as generate more excitement for what comes next. But I do understand the worry that the in-between year could end up being massively wasted potential (along with numerous other unresolved plot points). I'll reserve judgement until we actually see what the team is cooking up.

D

Deleted member 246005

@Soldier
You are putting too much weight on MoM. MoM is probably this saga's Coded. MoM probably wasn't intended to explore those other threads. Those spinoffs might still happen but they are down the road.

okhi12

Awards
I feel the same way. I would really like those spin offs, they would give more character development to the BbS and Days trios... and Naminé, who needs it more than anyone. But I also want the main plot of phase 2 to advance further without taking forever for the next numbered game, so I want to believe that Nomura focusing on a single plot point is a good thing too.

Soldier

Awards
@Soldier
You are putting too much weight on MoM. MoM is probably this saga's Coded. MoM probably wasn't intended to explore those other threads. Those spinoffs might still happen but they are down the road.
This is a series where understanding the plot to nearly every game, and nearly every game has a subplot that is hardly explored. Did KH BbS necessarily need to end at Aqua's fight with the Hunter of the Dark? no, so we got 0.2 for 2.8. Did we really NEED to visit Olympus Colliseum and have Nomura tease us with KH 2.9? No, but they did it anyways. My point is, that the way the games go, every little plot point has potential to make a good game. But using a rhythm game of all things to cancel them is poor form.
I feel the same way. I would really like those spin offs, they would give more character development to the BbS and Days trios... and Naminé, who needs it more than anyone. But I also want the main plot of phase 2 to advance further without taking forever for the next numbered game, so I want to believe that Nomura focusing on a single plot point is a good thing too.
Ah, but this is Nomura we're talking about, the same Nomura who is dissatisfied with just ONE project going on at one time, her needs multiple projects. Multiple projects like the potential Days and Bbs centric games that were hinted at from Re:mind.

okhi12

Awards
Ah, but this is Nomura we're talking about, the same Nomura who is dissatisfied with just ONE project going on at one time, her needs multiple projects. Multiple projects like the potential Days and Bbs centric games that were hinted at from Re:mind.
I had forgotten he already did it again, with Mickey going to Scala to investigate. Whether that will be a separate game or just a subplot in the Quadratum-focused game is yet to be seen. He sure loves leaving some doors open, some of which won't be addressed ever again.

I hate when interesting concepts and plot points are dropped altogether. I'm still salty about how the Chambers of Waking and Repose were hinted as important locations related to Ven and Aqua but in the end they had no purpose, they weren't seen or mentioned in KH3. Aqua was saved without visiting the chamber with her armor in Hollow Bastion and the Land of Departure was restored from the outside without even accessing the chamber which is the transformed throne room where the world-transforming keyhole is located. It was disappointing. A couple more cutscenes would've been enough, but nah. They were better spending resources in the full Let it go cutscene which was much more relevant to the overarching main plot of the series.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
They were better spending resources in the full Let it go cutscene which was much more relevant to the overarching main plot of the series.
If that was the actual reason for that, I'd be even more pissed than I already am. Bad enough we had to waste a world slot on it, but even worse that Nomura thinks he can do it again (or so I presume). Honestly wouldn't mind Maleficent going around and kidnapping the princesses again and leaving Arendelle out of it.

D

Deleted member 246005

@Soldier
I get it but I don't think MoM closed off any of that. It just gave Riku and Kairi Sora's location.

Liodin

Awards
I don't get it.

How do you come to the conclusion that because Yen Sid tells Donald and Goofy to let the rest know where Sora and Riku are, it kills the rest of the subplots?

Wait at least to see if they've been able to contact everyone, see them together and see that in a year they've done absolutely nothing.

Chie

Awards
Those ideas were never meant to lead to anything. Nomura certainly wasn't going to spend the next 15 years making games exploring individual characters doing things in the same time period and not moving things forward, and he certainly couldn't do it when navigating with both Square Enix and Disney.

The only thing those meant was "the characters receive a token mention to what they're doing so people don't complain about there being too many characters not doing anything".

Of course Nomura could make a bunch of games in the mid-2000s, because they were being made on handheld systems with extremely low resolutions and could be developed quickly, and the industry in general wasn't so dire. We don't live in that time anymore. Everyone would be happier if we did, but we don't.

Back