• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if the Disney worlds were chosen by the fans?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
setting aside how amazing that would be to give the fans a chance to choose their dream disney worlds. i should point out that unless they put in some guidelines, we would see in influx of overly wild suggestions flooding the ballots.

still a neat idea though.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So KH4 would have 6 Frozen worlds & Shrek then. Plus Song of the South after the right-wingers decide to flood the polls.

Perkilator

Awards
In all seriousness, if they did something like this for KH3, I think we'd no doubt see Tangled as one of them, but also maybe choices like:
  • The Princess and the Frog
  • Treasure Planet
  • The Jungle Book
Just to name a few. Of course, this would probably have to be way early in development.

Soldier

Awards
*Looks back on the create the worst worlds for KH thread I made*
*sweats nervously* I'm sure that only good suggestions would go into the ballots after a while, and all the fans who request things like Dragon Ball and Shrek would slowly realize that there are more important things than those wastes of time and space that haven't a single iota of occurring.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think that would be an interesting idea as long as they make it clear it's only for Disney and Pixar properties. And remove options for films such as Song of the South

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
This sounds nice in theory. But I have a feeling that if the fandom were given control over the world roster, there wouldn't be any Disney worlds, lol.

Maybe if they made a list of fifteen or so and then let fans vote among those specific options.

disney233

Awards
I agree with Elysium. It's either Disney channel worlds....or no Disney at all, if it was up to the fandom. I can't really see an in-between.

KingdomShell

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Hoo boy, how I wish they'd give us the golden opportunity to do so! I would vote for 101 Dalmatian Street straight away. Besides that though, I'd also pick the more underrated Disney/Pixars films as potential worlds A Bug's Life, Treasure Planet (We've been wanting this world for SOOOOO long), The Black Cauldron, Atlantis. And maybe Gargoyles, since that world actually planned to be in Kingdom Hearts too! ^v^

HakaishinChampa

Awards
It'd be hilarious if the poll got taken over by people from 4Chan and flooded the poll with Home on the Range or something.

And then we'd be surprised that it actually made it in the game

sydbee

Awards
i had a dream ab muppets being a world in kh4 !! i think some of the newer movies like luca n onward would work rlly well too, tho idk ab doing well in polls

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering nowadays "Internet culture" I'd figure it would be a disaster just waiting to happen.

The problem with "the wishes of the fans" is that it is a melting pot of several dozen preferences which most of the times cannot be brought together in an effective form in a single entry.
Apart from having different favorite Disney properties people want to have included there are also those who want to have the Disney factor reduced or outright cut because of the widespread misunderstanding of the Disney elements wasting time which could be better spent developing the main story and original characters.
Then there are the proponents of older, classic 2D animated works and those favoring the newer, computer animated movies or even the live-action remakes etc. etc.

Looking at it from a developer's viewpoint, it would be too much of a hassle and gauntlet run for Square Enix to manage, not to mention all the extra cost of setting it all up only to end up with a questionable "result" in the end.

AR829038

Awards
It really depends on who would be responding to the poll.
If it's KH fans, they'll probably vote for worlds they've been wanting for ages, like Treasure Planet/Princess and the Frog/Nightmare Before Christmas again/Moana, etc. These are the ones I see most often on forum discussions.
If it's mostly the general public who responds, I would unironically expect a lot of them to choose movies that aren't Disney but that everyone thinks are Disney, like Anastasia or Shrek or Land Before Time.
Obviously, you'd get a lot of requests for Star Wars and Marvel, which may or may not be actually feasible in the future.
And then of course you'd have the jokers who would vote for stuff like Family Guy or That's So Raven or (and I totally believe people would actually pick this) Song of the South. Just for shits and giggles.

Awards
For something like this to be done, some of the aforementioned rules would have to be put in place, and I think it would probably have to be limited to just one world. That way Nomura can still make his own game without having to create half a dozen or more worlds that he may never have done otherwise. And fans (or at least the fans that voted for the winner) could feel like they contributed to the development of a KH game. The rest would probably review bomb it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It really depends on who would be responding to the poll.
If it's KH fans, they'll probably vote for worlds they've been wanting for ages, like Treasure Planet/Princess and the Frog/Nightmare Before Christmas again/Moana, etc. These are the ones I see most often on forum discussions.
If it's mostly the general public who responds, I would unironically expect a lot of them to choose movies that aren't Disney but that everyone thinks are Disney, like Anastasia or Shrek or Land Before Time.
Obviously, you'd get a lot of requests for Star Wars and Marvel, which may or may not be actually feasible in the future.
And then of course you'd have the jokers who would vote for stuff like Family Guy or That's So Raven or (and I totally believe people would actually pick this) Song of the South. Just for shits and giggles.
Anastasia IS Disney. It was a Fox film so they own it now. They also now own Titan AE, Ice Age, and Prince of Egypt as well.

D

Deleted member 246005

It could be messy. A way to curtail it would be to have a limited group of choices that Square was already interested in using.

Back