• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New AAA Marvel and Star Wars Games from Skydance Media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

“Skydance New Media, the new interactive division of Skydance Media helmed by award-winning writer and director Amy Hennig, announced today a partnership with Marvel Entertainment to develop a narrative-driven, blockbuster action-adventure game, featuring a completely original story and take on the Marvel Universe. This marks the first initiative from the new AAA game studio, which was formed by Hennig and Electronic Arts veteran Julian Beak to pioneer a new category of story-focused interactive entertainment—a groundbreaking convergence of games, film, and television.”

I’m looking forward to seeing what this is. For those unfamiliar with her work, Amy Hennig worked on Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, and, most recently, Forspoken.

UPDATE: it has been announced that the same team of developers are working on a AAA Star Wars game as well.

Skydance New Media today announced a collaboration with Lucasfilm Games to develop and produce a narrative-driven, action-adventure game featuring an original story in the Star Wars galaxy. Helming Skydance New Media is award-winning writer and director Amy Hennig, a game-industry legend whose credits include the blockbuster series Legacy of Kain, Jak and Daxter, and Uncharted.”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I'm hoping it's Daredevil because he's my favorite Marvel hero.

But good for them and hope it works out.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Janina Gavankar has an undisclosed role in the game. She previously portrayed Iden Versio in Star Wars: Battlefront II and will voice Tanta Sila in Forspoken. (Lots of Forspoken connections with this game.)

She must have a large role to be able to announce this so early. Maybe Elektra or Scarlet Witch? Emphasis on Elektra.

EDIT: Apparently, a Daredevil game was possibly leaked a while back along with the Wolverine game well before the latter was announced. So I’m inclined to think the leak was legit and this is a Daredevil game. Fingers crossed we can play as both him and Elektra.

Last edited:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Hopefully it's better than the crapshow that was SE's Avengers game. Compared to Spider-Man, that didn't even compare, though I did enjoy Kamala's presence. Only saving grace if you ask me.

But I'm intrigued and hope it succeeds...whatever it's gonna be.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Hopefully it's better than the crapshow that was SE's Avengers game. Compared to Spider-Man, that didn't even compare, though I did enjoy Kamala's presence. Only saving grace if you ask me.

But I'm intrigued and hope it succeeds...whatever it's gonna be.

Considering it doesn’t seem to be following a GaaS model, I think it should avoid the majority of that game’s major issues. This is the first game from this development studio though, so no telling how it will turn out.

shivaa

Awards
I really hope it will give a good game.

Last edited:
Back