• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► [Theory] New forms of Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

EighteenEighty

Awards
Okay so I just saw the finale in KHUX and of course, many answers (and also questions) are revealed like the Player reincarnated into Xehanort. Ephemer being the founder of Scala ad Caelum and Brain being one of Luxu's vessels. So because of this, there is a scene between MoM and Luxu and they talked about the origins of Darkness on how they possess people's hearts. It was confirmed by Luxu that there are six Darknesses that we have met:

• Four were trapped by the Player inside the Data Daybreak Town.
  • One who helped Maleficent to go back in her timeline in KH 2.
  • One who possessed Ventus and gained a physical form, creating Vanitas.

But it was actually revealed by MoM that there are 13 of them. We already met the 6 from the previous updates, Now we are about to meet the 7 who are the strongest type of power/ranking.

It was actually revealed that Darknesses are all formless, meaning they don't have a physical body and they are the reason why the Heartless exists. It was revealed that in order for Darkness to gain a physical form, they need to possess a single individual whose hearts are strong, in other words, "Hearts of Pure Light" (like Ventus)

The MoM trained the Foretellers to become the vessels of the seven darknesses. Meaning, someday they will get possessed by Darkness including MoM, Luxu, and the Foretellers, which also explained the 7 black pieces in Xehanort's and Eraqus' chess game. "But does that mean the Foretellers will be the next main villains because they were possessed by Darkness?" Maybe but I don't think that's not the case, I think their goal is to divide into pure light and darkness so that the 7 darknesses will gain their own physical form.

So I think MoM's plan is to:
  1. Let the darkness possess the Foretellers and trap them inside their hearts so they won't get possessed.
  2. Extract the darkness inside their hearts, similar to how Xehanort removed the darkness inside Ventus' heart creating Vanitas. But, it will also remove their hearts in the process as well turning them into empty husks.
  3. And the darkness inside them will be reborn and reshape into a dark manifestation of themselves to gain their own physical form.
I think the next villains we're going to face are the dark counterparts of the Foretellers. I created this theory because we finally found out who will be the members of the True 13 Darknesses.

Members:

Upper Ranking:
1. MoM + Darkness = Dark half of MoM
2. Luxu + Darkness = Dark half of Luxu
3. Ira + Darkness = Dark half of Ira
4. Invi + Darkness = Dark half of Invi
5. Aced + Darkness = Dark half of Aced
6. Gula + Darkness = Dark half of Gula
7. Ava + Darkness = Dark half of Ava
Lower Ranking:
8. Ventus + Darkness = Vanitas (Dark half of Ventus)
9. ??? + Darkness
10. ??? + Darkness
11. ??? + Darkness
12. ??? + Darkness
13.??? + Darkness

I don't know who will be the other 5, but it's up to you guys to fill the other lists. What do you guys think? Do you think this will happen in the second phase of KH series? Let me know your thoughts and opinions.

Awards
Perhaps, I think next main villains will be only seven(MoM&Foretellers, or 7 higher-rank darkness)
Because the content that 13 darkness is an adversaries has already been done in KH3.
I think the remaining five weak darknesses, excluding Vanitas, were probably wiped out in Ux, DR, or 3.
Lost Masters will simply be completely taken over by the inner darkness. I don't think it will be separated.

Zetta slow

Awards
I think we're only going to have 7 darknesses, and we'll have 13 lights. Mainly just because of that scene at the end of kh3, with young Xehanort and Eraqus, where Eraqus says he heard of new game, with seven black pieces and thirteen light pieces. I think they might be switching the roles.

If that's what they're doing, then the villains will probably be the Master, the Foretellers, and Luxu.

The lights will probably be Sora, Riku, Kairi, Axel, Roxas, Xion, Ventus, Terra, Aqua, and hopefully Naminé, Isa, and maybe Lauriam and Elrena. That's just what I'm hoping for though.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
I think we're only going to have 7 darknesses, and we'll have 13 lights. Mainly just because of that scene at the end of kh3, with young Xehanort and Eraqus, where Eraqus says he heard of new game, with seven black pieces and thirteen light pieces. I think they might be switching the roles.

If that's what they're doing, then the villains will probably be the Master, the Foretellers, and Luxu.

The lights will probably be Sora, Riku, Kairi, Axel, Roxas, Xion, Ventus, Terra, Aqua, and hopefully Naminé, Isa, and maybe Lauriam and Elrena. That's just what I'm hoping for though.
That's an interesting idea actually. Rather than Isa or Namine, we might see Demyx and Luxord, since it's implied they also have links to ancient keyblade weilders in KH3?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah, I think chances are that it'll be 7 Darknesses this time around, UX, DR and 3 explaining what happened to the other 6. Though it does seem odd to introduce the concept of 13 Primordial Darknesses only to half the number of them. I also am a bit curious what sin the other 5 would be tied to. We have the seven deadly sins and vanity, so what would remain?

As for who the 13 Lights are, It's hard to say seeing there's a good chance some are characters yet to be introduced. Perhaps Yozora could be one of them, or perhaps he's a host for a lesser Darkness, that went with Maleficent. Funny enough with Kairi remaining a Princess of Heart we now technically have 13 characters that were Princesses of Heart, though 6 of them have passed on, I assume this was intentional.

EighteenEighty

Awards
Though it does seem odd to introduce the concept of 13 Primordial Darknesses only to half the number of them. I also am a bit curious what sin the other 5 would be tied to. We have the seven deadly sins and vanity, so what would remain?
On the status of Darkness:
  • I think MoM’s and the Foreteller's Darknesses might actually be trapped inside the Box labeled XSuper. Remember the 7 darknesses are NOT in the Foretellers yet, but they are planned to be in them in the future. Clearly, they don't know about the Master's plan to sacrifice them as the Master kept it a secret, and I'm sure they'd be fully aware if they actually did have darkness inside of them. We don't even have proof that the Foretellers are now possessed by the 7 darknesses, similar to what many people believed that the Foretellers died in the Keyblade War, even though we never saw their hearts floating into the sky and their keyblades as gravestones (since the war of the Foretellers also ended up creating the Keyblade Graveyard). We also don't know what happened to them after the war, and most of all, we don't know how they traveled into the future Post KH3.
  • The one free in the world that interacted with Luxu and Maleficent. As for now, we don't know what happened but it may have escaped.
  • The one inside Ventus was ripped out to form a Ventus-Darkness hybrid we call Vanitas. It returned to Ven’s heart at Vanitas’ defeat.

On the 13:
  1. Pride (MOM)
  2. Wrath (Ira)
  3. Sloth (Aced)
  4. Envy (Invi)
  5. Lust (Luxu)
  6. Gluttony (Gula)
  7. Greed (Ava)
  8. Emptiness (Vanitas)
  9. Sorrow
  10. Fear
  11. Doubt
  12. Loneliness
  13. Hatred
That’s all I got. This leaves the remaining four lost until somebody opens Pandora’s box—or I guess the cage, if I want to be literal. This probably will be Maleficent’s doing.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think MoM’s and the Foreteller's Darknesses might actually be trapped inside the Box labeled XSuper. Remember the 7 darknesses are NOT in the Foretellers yet, but they are planned to be in them in the future. Clearly, they don't know about the Master's plan to sacrifice them as the Master kept it a secret, and I'm sure they'd be fully aware if they actually did have darkness inside of them. We don't even have proof that the Foretellers are now possessed by the 7 darknesses, similar to what many people believed that the Foretellers died in the Keyblade War, even though we never saw their hearts floating into the sky and their keyblades as gravestones (since the war of the Foretellers also ended up creating the Keyblade Graveyard). We also don't know what happened to them after the war, and most of all, we don't know how they traveled into the future Post KH3
I was under the impression that they were sealed within the Foretellers during the war, but you rise a good point with them probably knowing if it had happened to them. Though Ventus wasnt aware of the one possessing him until he actively bound it.
The one free in the world that interacted with Luxu and Maleficent. As for now, we don't know what happened but it may have escaped.
I have the feeling they are behind the going ons in Dark Road. Though at the moment we can only assume it's still out there.

The one inside Ventus was ripped out to form a Ventus-Darkness hybrid we call Vanitas. It returned to Ven’s heart at Vanitas’ defeat.
Hm... Did Vanitas return to Ven or did he die? I was personally under the impression that he faded away this time.

EighteenEighty

Awards
Hm... Did Vanitas return to Ven or did he die? I was personally under the impression that he faded away this time.
Vanitas returned to Ven's heart after his defeat in BBS but returned again in KH3 thanks to YX's time travel. When Vanitas faced Sora, Aqua, and Ventus along with Terra-Xehanort, I think that's a part where he finally died for good. But if the 7 Strongest Darknesses finally gained a physical form of their own and used time travel as an example, I can already imagine they will re-recruit Vanitas in their ranks, along with the lowest 5 Darknesses who haven't gain a physical form in the next saga.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Vanitas returned to Ven's heart after his defeat in BBS but returned again in KH3 thanks to YX's time travel. When Vanitas faced Sora, Aqua, and Ventus along with Terra-Xehanort, I think that's a part where he finally died for good. But if the 7 Strongest Darknesses finally gained a physical form of their own and used time travel as an example, I can already imagine they will re-recruit Vanitas in their ranks, along with the lowest 5 Darknesses who haven't gain a physical form in the next saga.
Yeah I'm sure there'd be some shinanigans they could get up to to add him back to their ranks. It be strange if he were the only one missing.

Though i guess in Re:Mind he was back in Ventus, seeing Sora did encounter Darkness in his heart. So perhaps he did return to Ven, though then i do wonder how we can get rid of the Darknesses, if defeating them just returns them to their hosts.

EighteenEighty

Awards
Though i guess in Re:Mind he was back in Ventus, seeing Sora did encounter Darkness in his heart. So perhaps he did return to Ven, though then i do wonder how we can get rid of the Darknesses, if defeating them just returns them to their hosts.
IIRC, Vanitas should've died back then in BBS when he said this:
You've done it Ventus. Now that my body is about to perish, you and I will have to join together!

Imagine if Vanitas and Ventus didn't fuse back then in BBS, do you think he's going to die without joining Ventus' heart after his defeat? Vanitas died in KH3 and no he didn't join back with Ventus' heart he just fades away into existence by saying "What I am is darkness", and Ventus was like "ok". In KH3 Re: Mind Vanitas also said that he is more than just a dark half of Ventus, he is also the Darkness that possessed him and Killed Strelitzia in KHUX. He lacked a physical form and because of this, he cannot be defeated but later on, Ventus found an idea that in order to defeat one of the 13 Willful Darknesses you need to give them a physical form and Vanitas is one of them. We're about to meet the dark half/counterparts of the Foretellers in the next saga and according to the MoM, they are one of the deadliest and possibly stronger than the 6 Darknesses that we met in KHUX.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
IIRC, Vanitas should've died back then in BBS when he said this:
You've done it Ventus. Now that my body is about to perish, you and I will have to join together!

Imagine if Vanitas and Ventus didn't fuse back then in BBS, do you think he's going to die without joining Ventus' heart after his defeat? Vanitas died in KH3 and no he didn't join back with Ventus' heart he just fades away into existence by saying "What I am is darkness", and Ventus was like "ok". In KH3 Re: Mind Vanitas also said that he is more than just a dark half of Ventus, he is also the Darkness that possessed him and Killed Strelitzia in KHUX. He lacked a physical form and because of this, he cannot be defeated but later on, Ventus found an idea that in order to defeat one of the 13 Willful Darknesses you need to give them a physical form and Vanitas is one of them. We're about to meet the dark half/counterparts of the Foretellers in the next saga and according to the MoM, they are one of the deadliest and possibly stronger than the 6 Darknesses that we met in KHUX.
Hm, well he did specify it was his body that was perishing, so perhaps it meant he was going to return in some way, but wanted to actively merge to keep in control.

The only reason I think Vanitas returned to Ven's heart is because the Vanitas we fight in KH3 is from the past and Ven shouldn't have had any darkness in him after winning the fight against Vanitas in BBS, but he does when Sora dives in his heart.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I don't know why, but I think the remaining 6 will represent not just faults in humanity, but aspects that sabotage themselves i.e. Sorrow, Self-doubt, Hatred, Emptiness etc.
However, I would not be surprised if KHUX will be the last we see of those four.

EighteenEighty

Awards
I don't know why, but I think the remaining 6 will represent not just faults in humanity, but aspects that sabotage themselves i.e. Sorrow, Self-doubt, Hatred, Emptiness etc.
However, I would not be surprised if KHUX will be the last we see of those four.
Well, there's a possibility that Maleficent will be the one who will free the other 4 or the 7 Darknesses might find a way to re-recruit them and save them from the data world and give them a physical form to join their ranks along with Vanitas and the missing one.

LoneFox

Awards

Well, there's a possibility that Maleficent will be the one who will free the other 4 or the 7 Darknesses might find a way to re-recruit them
A very obvious idea is that the missing upperclassmen somehow found their way into the data world and accidentally released the Darknesses, or perhaps got possessed by them. But is this even too obvious?

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
A very obvious idea is that the missing upperclassmen somehow found their way into the data world and accidentally released the Darknesses, or perhaps got possessed by them. But is this even too obvious?
Ooh, I like that. And then it turns out that that's one of the darknesses we see behind the Queen of Hearts in Dark Road.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
.....I legit forgot the whole plot of Dark Road until you mentioned it and that makes perfect sense now. I've been planning to binge the entire plot from start to finish but ofc, delays.....

xerayn

Awards
Well, there's a possibility that Maleficent will be the one who will free the other 4 or the 7 Darknesses might find a way to re-recruit them and save them from the data world and give them a physical form to join their ranks along with Vanitas and the missing one.
Just a thought that I had, maybe the darkness that helped Maleficient made a deal with her to free the other darknesses? And that the black box is the key to do that? It would make sense that Maleficient was searching for the box in 3 then.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Just a thought that I had, maybe the darkness that helped Maleficient made a deal with her to free the other darknesses? And that the black box is the key to do that? It would make sense that Maleficient was searching for the box in 3 then.
So you think the box contains the other darknesses? Or that it's a like a computer to the data-world?

Back