• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Create the WORST kingdom hearts worlds thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

You know, I'm in a real foul mood today after failing a chemistry exam. For those of you out there who think chemistry is easy, please don't tell me that to my face. If you enjoy it, great just leave me out of it.

And I apologize for that little mini rant, though I promise you it connects to this thread. One of the most exciting things about a new KH game is the new worlds we might be able to see. Most of which are primarily movies that have yet to be represented in the series up to this point. But then when you look at Disney's library (and I mean REALLY look, at some of the forgotten movies, can of worms anyone?) they've got quite a few oddballs and stinkers in the bunch. So our little exercise today is this: Make a world out of any terrible Disney movie, any one that you could feasibly think of. Come up with a name, bosses, party members, etc. to flesh it out. Of course, this will be a controversial thread, as some of you will have a bias towards one movie that another won't have. So I advise you to be civil, this is just a thought exercise that is very opinion-reliant. So here's an example.

I suppose a few rules are in order, the movie must be made by Disney and display it on the cover. It can be a theatrical release, direct to DVD but it can't be any of the DCOM's, because that's another can of worms for another day. So no Halloween Town worlds yet okay? (and I'm NOT talking about the nightmare before christmas).
Here's an example;

Winter Suburbs (based on Mickey's Twice upon a Christmas)
Oh yeah, we're going there, anyone else grow up with this fever dream of a movie? I did!
"party members": Donald and goofy

Now how to write a plot for a movie with 5 of them in it? Simple, make it like Symphony of Sorcery and have it all be a dream (of sorts).

Mickey, Donald and Goofy's memories are stolen by someone and Sora (or whoever, I don't know) is tasked by entering their dreams to figure out whodunit. However, instead of landing in Timeless River or any other classic Disney film, they land in this one of all possible movies. (go figure).

Now of course because this is kingdom hearts, the heartless are here to ruin it (or dream eaters, I guess). As such you'll be facing such terrifying foes as the Santa's workshop display!
1633399413989.png1633399015867.png
It can be terrifying if everything was controlled by a dream eater or something, I think?

And an evil popcorn machine for goofy's segment.

Anyways, Donald and Goofy will assist you in their respective fights, though notably with less input due to them being in their civilian mode. Certain reaction commands can be triggered to give you an edge in the fight, though this won't be Sephiroth levels of difficulty.

All of this cumulates in a climactic battle in Santa's workshop, where Maleficent finally achieved her goal of turning Santa Claus into Santa Heartless,
1633399679333.png
Here's an image before the battle, Maleficent's on the other end of the phone, and corrupts him long distance, either that or he's ordering a pizza.
The battle involves a lot of running around the destroyed toy factory with Huey Dewey and Louie supplying you with gifts to knock back at the cantankerous Kringle ala Oogie boogie style until he's rendered unconscious, then beat his belly until it's jelly and you win!

THAT is the kind of world I'm looking for folks, something hokey that has no chance in hell of ever being made, unless Nomura experiments with something he shouldn't.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Sure, why not. (Sorry about your exam, btw)
Also, I apologize for everything that follows. *ahem*

World proposal 1: Old Yeller (aka "its not rabies, its Heartless!")
Sora (at least, not sure about D+G) arrive just in time to help young Travis fight off massive boar-like Heartless that are attacking him and his dog, Old Yeller. After successfully fighting off the Heartless they learn that many creatures/people have been rumored to have contracted some sort of dangerous "disease" that makes them turn into one of these evil rampaging creatures themselves. Knowing it is the Heartless spreading, they set out to try and quell the Heartless swarm.
Old Yeller joins the party and the gang eventually finds the a massive evil wolf Heartless that is somehow summoning the swarms that have recently been invading the country. In the fight Old Yeller becomes infected with the darkness and Travis makes a guest appearance jumping in to help fight Old Yeller after he turns on the party and uh...yeah. shoots him.
(God this sounds just awful)

World Proposal 2: Kid in King Arthur's Court
Sora would effectively replace Calvin here and be suddenly dumped into Arthurian times but instead of a backpack of goods he's got his Keyblade and weird magic that makes everyone believe he is the chosen one. Arthur joins in as a party member of course, since the whole rescue the princess subplot happens so the two of them gotta go save her. The kidnapper, Belasco, has had his dark greed and desire for the kingdom controlling him to go insane and he turns into this weird horse/knight monstrocity. Final boss is set in a jousting ring with a weird sort of jousting mini-game where you have to knock the villain, Belasco off of his horse. After successfully knocking him off, the boss fight commences with two new guest characters: the black knight (princess in disguise) and heck, lets just go with Arthur too because why not. Together they all save the kingdom from evil, hurrah.
Could potentially be funny with some meta jokes about Sora's ability to do different things being reacted to by onlookers. Normal video game character stuff like carrying lots of items being commented on ex. if Sora picks something up and someone mentions "where does he even put all those things? Crazy Merlin magic..."

World proposal 3: The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit
Sora arrives to attempt to help Helen and her horse Aspercel, nicknamed "Aspy" (today in "names that didn't age well"...). Helen is having doubts of her ability to win the big race but knows it is very important to her father to do so and doesn't want to disappoint him. She struggles to regain her confidence but Sora realizes that she is being held back because her rival in the race, Mario, is using dark magic to fuel the doubt inside of her heart in order to cheat and win the race. In an attempt to free Helen from his negative influence, Sora has to beat Mario in a horse race. Aspy volunteers to help out. Mario pulls out all the stops and is cheating like crazy making it impossible to catch up and win the race. Helen arrives saying she will steer the horse (its her specialty after all) as long as Sora can use his Keyblade to "zap" at the dark energy that Mario is using to fling back at them as he rides out front. The two of them work together to win the impromptu race, Mario wilts under the realization that he failed and Helen realizes she got her confidence back and believes she will be able to succeed at her upcoming race now.
What a very dull movie.

World Proposal 4: Cinderella 3 A Twist in Time
(I actually unironically love this movie, its so bad its fantastic and actually feel like they could kind of make this one work).
Sora, Donald and Goofy end up in Cinderella's world but find that things are amiss. Cinderella and the prince aren't married and no one really seems to know who she is when they ask around about her. (This is of course because Lady Tremaine has stolen the Fairy Godmother's wand and reversed time after changing it so that one of the evil step sisters is the one who fits the glass slipper, for those who haven't seen the film). Eventually SDG run into Cinderella who is desperately trying to find a way to break into the palace so she can see the prince again and explain to him that she was actually the one he danced with at the ball, not her step-sister Anastasia.
They disguise themselves as help for the upcoming wedding between the prince and Anastasia and stealth their way through the castle to find the prince but end up being discovered and need to fight through guards in order to clear a path for Cinderella. The prince doesn't recognize her at first, but Sora gives some speech about listening to his heart and the Prince starts to realize things aren't adding up. Lady Tremaine then reveals she has been manipulating everything with the magical wand and attempts to have Cinderella exiled from the kingdom. SDG are thrown into prison but comically escape in about two seconds using the Keyblade to open the door. Together they get the Prince and convince him to help rescue Cinderella. SDG and the Prince race off to intercept Cinderella who is being carted out of the kingdom on an evil pumpkin chariot piloted by Lucifer the cat transformed into a human (this movie is trippy). Boss fight ensues.
They rescue Cinderella but still need to wrest the wand from Lady Tremaine. She's the final boss as she attempts to use the wand to stop you, casting all sorts of spells that manipulate time and space (or lots of weird status effects).

Soldier

Awards
YES YES YES @AmaryllisMoth, this is what I want to see, pure nonsense
(and I agree, Cinderella 3 could actually work in KH. But we'll likely not see that until after Agrabah is in the next 3 games, again...).

Awards
This will probably destroy my reputation here, but I'm gonna do it anyways. So here goes.

World: Hollywood Tower Hotel (based on Tower of Terror)
Party Members: Donald and Goofy

Sora, Donald and Goofy arrive at the hotel on Halloween night in 1939. They sense Darkness surrounding a group of people, so they follow them into an elevator to try and figure out where the Darkness originates. On the way up to a party on the top floor, the elevator is struck by lightning, and our trio lose consciousness. When they awaken, they realize that many years have passed and now they're ghosts! And Darkness has spread throughout the entire hotel, in the form of Ghost Heartless. They soon meet the other occupants of the elevator (also ghosts) and discover that the source of the Darkness was not one of them, but an unknown third party. Eventually, journalist Buzzy Crocker (yep that's his name) and his niece Anna show up to investigate the haunted hotel and discover a book of spells containing the curse placed upon the elevator, and how to reverse it. Sora and co. go around the hotel collecting personal items, one belonging to each ghost for the spell. It's then discovered that the curse (and the Darkness) was meant for child actress Sally Shine, and it was cast by none other than her own sister Abigail! Now an old woman, Abigail is still bitter that no one remembered that Halloween was her birthday...or so she thought. After defeating Abigail's Darkness, Sally reveals that the party that they were going to when they died was actually a surprise birthday party for her sister. Sally gives Abigail her birthday present and the sisters reconcile, breaking the curse once and for all.

Soldier

Awards
This will probably destroy my reputation here, but I'm gonna do it anyways. So here goes.

World: Hollywood Tower Hotel (based on Tower of Terror)
Party Members: Donald and Goofy

Sora, Donald and Goofy arrive at the hotel on Halloween night in 1939. They sense Darkness surrounding a group of people, so they follow them into an elevator to try and figure out where the Darkness originates. On the way up to a party on the top floor, the elevator is struck by lightning, and our trio lose consciousness. When they awaken, they realize that many years have passed and now they're ghosts! And Darkness has spread throughout the entire hotel, in the form of Ghost Heartless. They soon meet the other occupants of the elevator (also ghosts) and discover that the source of the Darkness was not one of them, but an unknown third party. Eventually, journalist Buzzy Crocker (yep that's his name) and his niece Anna show up to investigate the haunted hotel and discover a book of spells containing the curse placed upon the elevator, and how to reverse it. Sora and co. go around the hotel collecting personal items, one belonging to each ghost for the spell. It's then discovered that the curse (and the Darkness) was meant for child actress Sally Shine, and it was cast by none other than her own sister Abigail! Now an old woman, Abigail is still bitter that no one remembered that Halloween was her birthday...or so she thought. After defeating Abigail's Darkness, Sally reveals that the party that they were going to when they died was actually a surprise birthday party for her sister. Sally gives Abigail her birthday present and the sisters reconcile, breaking the curse once and for all.
Oh come now Mr. Knight, this is all in good fun, and everyone knows that. It's all an exercise in creativity, and I think you hit the nail right on the head!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
People Mover

Sora, Donald, and Goofy unexpectedly appear in a small cabin of interconnected cars on a track. The cars are operated, not by engines inside of them, but rather linear induction motors located at different points along the track. The track is looped around the entirety of the Kingdom Hearts universe, but there are no stops at any point except at the initial on/off point of the ride. It moves at about 7-10 miles per hour, so it might take SDG about a millennia to see every world possible? Maybe longer as long as one of the motors do not break along the track.

Every so often an announcement comes on about the People Mover or the various worlds that are being passed while traveling on the People Mover.

At some point during the long ride, the People Mover gets shut down due to the high amount of deaths and accidents the People Mover has experienced.

And so ends Sora, Donald, and Goofy's journey.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
World: Home Improvement
World name: Tool Town
Party member: Tim "The Toolman" Taylor

Aside from typical areas like Tim's house and the Tool Time set, the bulk of the world is in the "MANsion", a new house Tim built featuring the different Man's rooms featured in past Tool Time segments such as the Man's Kitchen.

The boss of the world is Al's mom, who turns into a giant heartless, which Tim remarks looks pretty much the same.

Soldier

Awards
People Mover

Sora, Donald, and Goofy unexpectedly appear in a small cabin of interconnected cars on a track. The cars are operated, not by engines inside of them, but rather linear induction motors located at different points along the track. The track is looped around the entirety of the Kingdom Hearts universe, but there are no stops at any point except at the initial on/off point of the ride. It moves at about 7-10 miles per hour, so it might take SDG about a millennia to see every world possible? Maybe longer as long as one of the motors do not break along the track.

Every so often an announcement comes on about the People Mover or the various worlds that are being passed while traveling on the People Mover.

At some point during the long ride, the People Mover gets shut down due to the high amount of deaths and accidents the People Mover has experienced.

And so ends Sora, Donald, and Goofy's journey.
Ladies and gentlemen, the almighty Spockanort has just given this thought exercise the replacement gummi ship that we didn't know we needed. Who wouldn't want to ride it?

PikaPal

Awards
Beast's Castle but it's based on Belle's Magical World (the worst of the three Beauty and the Beast films) so the Beast throws a childish temper tantrum over every last little thing he sees.

There's no Heartless to defeat, no boss fight, no encounters with any villain or Organization members or anything like that, it's just Beast whining and moaning for the entirety of the visit.

In the end Belle does what she did to Xaldin to knock some sense into him and the whole scenario is never brought up again.

Soldier

Awards
Beast's Castle but it's based on Belle's Magical World (the worst of the three Beauty and the Beast films) so the Beast throws a childish temper tantrum over every last little thing he sees.

There's no Heartless to defeat, no boss fight, no encounters with any villain or Organization members or anything like that, it's just Beast whining and moaning for the entirety of the visit.

In the end Belle does what she did to Xaldin to knock some sense into him and the whole scenario is never brought up again.
I was anticipating someone bringing up Belle's magical world in this thread, and this is more or less exactly what I expected from it. Though if there is anything the world needs, it needs Beast constantly yelling that he will never apologize and the Belle meme face.

PikaPal

Awards
I was anticipating someone bringing up Belle's magical world in this thread, and this is more or less exactly what I expected from it. Though if there is anything the world needs, it needs Beast constantly yelling that he will never apologize and the Belle meme face.
belle-crapping-out-belles-magical-world-1-800x445.jpg
It would truly be something to behold.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Look, I'm just saying: Cars 2 would actually be a better fit for KH than Cars 1 or 3. There's like actual fighting involved in C2.

Soldier

Awards
Look, I'm just saying: Cars 2 would actually be a better fit for KH than Cars 1 or 3. There's like actual fighting involved in C2.
Care to make a world explaining it? extra points if you incorporate Hot Rods into the bossfight.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
All I remember from Cars 2 is that it has a high Kill Count and it was a Spy Movie.

Mater would be a Party Member probably and I love Soldier's idea with having Hot Rods as enemies

Soldier

Awards
Guess if MATGSY isn't going to bite, I guess I will.

World Circuit
Allies: Mater and Finn McMissile I guess, don't particularly want either of them if I'm being honest.

I'm torn between having combat in this world, as it'd be incredibly awkward to have Sora swinging around the keyblade in his disgusting car teeth. Pride Lands could get away with it and execute it correctly, car Sora cannot. I GUESS if there has to be a fight, Sora can be given the keychain raging engine from the get-go and be forced to equip it for the duration of his time being there, which allows him to shoot out rockets from his hood.

So the story follows the plot of the movie, mostly because I'm too lazy to create one for cars freaking 2. It hits all the beats that the kiddies love, like the molesting bathroom scene from the movie, and talks of fuel and stocks that were so prevalent in the movie. While Sora Mater and Finn solve the spy mission, Lightning has to contend with his race, which has some strange racers on the track, that ONLY appear on the track (props to you if you get the joke) and this offensive Italian stereotype.

1636075120209.png
(Do you even care?)
During the final race, Francesco (the racist depiction pictured above) turns into a heartless after being assaulted by Hot Rods and other automobile like heartless and is given the ability to drive so fast, he can drive up VERTICAL surfaces and pursue Sora and co., because he's after the keyblade now, not the race. Nobody wins the race, the Queen of England is NOT depicted in car form (because we already have one queen of hearts folks, and we don't need another) and the world ends following the reveal that some bad guy with a forgettable name rigged the race.

World Circuit everybody, it's baby's first KH world, hardly anything exciting happens and all it does is promote more merchandise for an already merchandise heavy franchise. Even me typing this right now coincides with some kid purchasing more cars junk. This would waste a world slot, I guarantee it. WHO WOULD WANT THIS!

PikaPal

Awards
A world based on Home on the Range, the Disney film now one remembers will become the world that no one will remember as it'll essentially be a sugar rush of colourful animation, forgettable characters and nothing else.

Back