• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 20th anniversary trailer + event announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

palizinhas

Awards
Anyways, anyone have any guesses who that new piece is supposed to represent here? Third from the right:

View attachment 14347
Have we learned for sure which ones represent which Darkness from the ones in the game? Some are pretty obvious, some I still have no idea. I feel like they should have used the chess pieces to represent the characters in the kh3 data battles instead of their weapons. I suppose Xion didn't have one in-game, but that symbol has been used to represent her for a while, and it IS in her data battle.

As to the new piece, no clue. There are 13 Seekers and 2 benched members, so how did they even get to 16?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think this is the order from left to right:

1. Master Xehanort
2. Ansem
3. Xemnas
4. Xigbar
5. Saix
6. Young Xehanort
7. Marluxia
8. Vanitas
9. Larxene
10. Demyx
11. Vexen
12. Luxord
13. Maleficent
14. Riku Replica
15. Xion
16. Terra-Xehanort

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Did they explain what the CLOUD version of KH III: ReMIND was? Is it going to be different from the PS4 version? If so, I guess I have to buy a SWITCH.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Did they explain what the CLOUD version of KH III: ReMIND was? Is it going to be different from the PS4 version? If so, I guess I have to buy a SWITCH.

A cloud version of a game is one you have to stream and the entire series will be that way. Essentially, you can’t buy a physical copy or download it. You’ll need a good internet connection to play, which sucks since it won’t be portable without Wi-Fi.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
so, uh, still no sign for the KH3 ending chess pieces, huh? The ones that represent the Foretellers?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Oh good. Still, why'd they have to make us sweat with that shade of chartreuse? 😂

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm so hyped!

They weren't kidding at TGS, when they said things were about to heat up for the Square Enix titles that had anniversaries coming soon.

And that 20th anniversary logo is too cute.

Oh, man!

I wonder what they have in store for us. Only good things, I'm sure:)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Got a better image. Crisis averted, no yellow eyes:

View attachment 14349

Kinda hoping his Norse name is Tyr if they stick with that convention. It’s a shame if these characters don’t have a future outside this game as I really like his design and would love to see it fully realized.

Also, I wonder why Vor is missing from the group.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Not sure how to feel about the Switch cloud version of the game. It being online only defeats the purpose of it for me, but as my niece pointed out to me it does make the game more available to people that just have Switches, so I can see some value in that. Even if I suspect it'd be a lesser experience than had they ported the older games to the Switch.

The Chess set look amazing, though with a price point of $600, I think I'm going to pass. Even if I'd think it'd be rad to own.

I'm happy that we got our first glances at the upper classmen and that we've now finally got a canonical darker skinned keyblade wielder. It's just a shame that they'll probably be among the many that died. Something that surprised me about the DR trailer is the appearance of Snow White's step mom, I know time flows differently, but seeing her just feels wrong. Also that means heartless were kind of already a thing in her lifetime.

okhi12

Awards
Not sure how to feel about the Switch cloud version of the game. It being online only defeats the purpose of it for me, but as my niece pointed out to me it does make the game more available to people that just have Switches, so I can see some value in that. Even if I suspect it'd be a lesser experience than had they ported the older games to the Switch.

The Chess set look amazing, though with a price point of $600, I think I'm going to pass. Even if I'd think it'd be rad to own.

I'm happy that we got our first glances at the upper classmen and that we've now finally got a canonical darker skinned keyblade wielder. It's just a shame that they'll probably be among the many that died. Something that surprised me about the DR trailer is the appearance of Snow White's step mom, I know time flows differently, but seeing her just feels wrong. Also that means heartless were kind of already a thing in her lifetime.
I thought the same thing about the Queen and the heartless. Maybe they explained it and I've forgotten, but emblem heartless shouldn't exist at the time of Dark Road because they were created by Xehanort sometime between BBS and KH1. What if they're being summoned from the future by someone using the book of prophecies?

We know Brain gave Ephemer his copy of the book before Daybreak Town's demise and Ephemer survived and founded Scala ad Caelum. I guess that copy of the book still existed at the time of Dark Road and it may be related to the plot of the game.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I thought the same thing about the Queen and the heartless. Maybe they explained it and I've forgotten, but emblem heartless shouldn't exist at the time of Dark Road because they were created by Xehanort sometime between BBS and KH1. What if they're being summoned from the future by someone using the book of prophecies?

We know Brain gave Ephemer his copy of the book before Daybreak Town's demise and Ephemer survived and founded Scala ad Caelum. I guess that copy of the book still existed at the time of Dark Road and it may be related to the plot of the game.
Them being summoned by the Book of Prophecies is likely, if I remember correctly Eraques, Xehanort and the others commented on how the Emblem Heartless shouldn't even exist yet. It's kinda hinted at them being projections from the Book of Prophecies.

Still there shouldn't have been too many heartless in the realm of light at this point in time and it just strikes me as odd that in Snow White's world they appeared twice within the older generation's lifespan.

okhi12

Awards
Them being summoned by the Book of Prophecies is likely, if I remember correctly Eraques, Xehanort and the others commented on how the Emblem Heartless shouldn't even exist yet. It's kinda hinted at them being projections from the Book of Prophecies.

Still there shouldn't have been too many heartless in the realm of light at this point in time and it just strikes me as odd that in Snow White's world they appeared twice within the older generation's lifespan.
Thanks, I didn't remember Eraqus and Xehanort acknowledged the presence of heartless as something that shouldn't happen at that time. Good thing the game addressed it, that means they'll eventually give an explanation. I should rewatch the cutscenes but I'm waiting for the update so I can watch the whole story.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
For the sake of getting this out of my system, I'm a doing a top ten predictions list for the event. Will all of these happen? Heck no, but ideas have been circulating in my head for a week+ now:

10. IDK, some sort of commemorative pin set, another Japan-only concert, tote bags, & other dumb crap no one cares about.
Just getting this out of the way first. This shit is everyone of these sorts of events.

9. Dark Road ending launching shortly after event
The most obvious predictable reveal, probably.

8. New mobile game
Look, it's gonna happen. Square isn't done making mobile games, therefore it's only a matter of time before there's another KH game. Especially after Genshin Impact became such a big deal I imagine S-E is chomping at the bit to roll out their own bigger budget phone titles.

7. Melody of Memory DLC expansion
Nomura said they planned on MoM being a "completed compedium" but let's face it, Nomura says lots of things that ended up not being true. MoM is just missing too much music to leave as is. To make a prediction list within the predictions list:
-More KH3 tracks, a lot more.
-Daybreak Town & WiR worlds/tracks
-More classic Disney songs
-Story expansion with Team Kairi as the playable team (Kairi, Lea, Pluto)
-2 new boss stages: either YX or Chernabog to give DDD belated representation & the final boss of new story expansion (of which I have no solid ideas for)

6. Kingdom Hearts III.5 collection for PS5/XBS
-A remastering of KH3+Remind with improved load times & whatever other upgrades they can fit in
-MoM with it's new DLC included
-UX/DR Theater Mode

5. Disney+ series reveal
One of the other safer bets, assuming the rumors were true.

4. "Project Oath"/Verum Rex game
Probably will be the big main event of the show, the long awaited next major console entry of the series. I'm also fully on board the theory that there'll be Disney worlds & they'll be based on live action remakes of past worlds. Somehow this will inexaplitably be how Jungle Book makes its KH debut.

3. Warriors game from Omega Force
And now I really start getting more out there with the predictions, because where's the fun in playing it safe? ;) OF's been making musou games with just about every other major property in Japan & KH has already dipped its toes in the waters of large scale battles before with the 1,000 heartless war, the rapidthrusters in Land of Dragons, & the knock-off Space Invaders in BBS. Why not do a whole darn game like that?

2. An "everyone is here" 20th anniversary multiplayer game made in Unity
Out there idea #2. It kind of astonishes me that the vast majority of worlds throughout the series history were recreated as faithfully as they were in MoM. It almost feels wasted all that work. Most worlds were only used for 2-3 songs & players are gonna be too focused on the enemies/notes to really pay attention to the environments. For that matter, MoM has a great deal many enemies from the series, from tons of heartless to nobodies, unversed, dream eaters, & even Maleficent's goons. It has me thinking that they could make a whole 'nother game out of all those assets.

And since it's the 20th anniversary, they could use the notion of a KH game featuring every past world returning as a way of celebrating the series history.

Past that I also think it's high time for Square to take another whack at the multiplayer driven game concept that was attempted before with Days. Except this time with the GoL as the playable roster instead of the org.

Plus it would give the Switch a proper KH action-RPG game that's not cloud streamed. That'd be a win right there.

1. Kingdom Hearts 4
Most likely not happening at the event itself as they'll wanna be focusing on VR as the next big entry for the time being. Unless of course VR is called KH4. Unlikely but who knows? I just don't wanna wait another 13 years for KH4, they should be working on it now instead of holding off until later like they did with KH3.

Last edited:
Awards
I think this is the order from left to right:

1. Master Xehanort
2. Ansem
3. Xemnas
4. Xigbar
5. Saix
6. Young Xehanort
7. Marluxia
8. Vanitas
9. Larxene
10. Demyx
11. Vexen
12. Luxord
13. Maleficent
14. Riku Replica
15. Xion
16. Terra-Xehanort
Actually, the "Maleficent" piece is apparently Xaldin.

Back