• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora from Kingdom Hearts announced as a new DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
Scala could have been a real cool stage now that I think about it. You could of had Xehanort and his armored replicas attacking you while fighting your opponent. Plus the stage could change like with his boss fight
That would have been really cool but I'm not surprised that they picked Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden for the stage. It's literally one of the only locations that have been in EVERY entry in some way, shape, or form. Also happy they got Yoko Shimomura to rearrange Hand in Hand into a victory theme for the game. Literally, the only thing that could make this perfect IMO is if they also had ALL THE THEME SONGS, but let's be honest that was never going to happen with how popular Utada Hikaru is. Good god, I can't even begin to imagine how much Sora. Ltd would have to fork out for ANY of the song they did for the franchise xD

Deliverance

Awards
We now live in a world where Sora plays better in a crossover party fighter than in his own games.

Beyond hyped.

HAWTSAUCE

Awards
idk if anyone's mentioned it yet but the fact that the animation slows down just like in kingdom hearts when Sora wins a game is one of my fave details of this! I love small details like that, shows how much care was put into it. Then again maybe smash usually slows down at the end, I haven't played in years, and never bought the current one :,-) might have to buy it now tho lol

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Awesome. And I love that his player options are his different appearances in the series. Also while I get why it had to happen I kind of hate that Donald and Goofy were removed from his Station of Awakening, lol.
I didn’t notice that on the first watch

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It's a shame I'll never have a Disney Infinity Sora to put next to my future amiibo Sora like I can with amiibo Sonic & Lego Dimensions Sonic.

(God, I've spent way too much on toys-2-life games)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don’t know about you guys, but with how rough the past couple years have been, this was truly a joy to see a dream like this come true for our fanbase. I’m not even a big Smash player, but just seeing our boy up there alongside most of gaming’s biggest icons is surreal.

In elementary school, when all the other kids were obsessed with Smash Melee, I was obsessed with KH1 and felt like an outsider. So this feels like everything has come full circle in a way.

I also stayed up late last night finally unlocking all the remaining Smash characters and downloaded Hero and Sephiroth just in case Sora got revealed. 😅

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Sora releases in 13 days with Smash Bros updated version 13.0.0 and apparently he is the 13th DLC character (DLC characters Pyra/Mythra were released together but fight separately). All according to Nomura's keikaku.

keikaku.jpg

kaseykockroach

Awards
Was hoping for Rayman or Rambi, but I still looked forward to reading reactions here and elsewhere!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I don’t know about you guys, but with how rough the past couple years have been, this was truly a joy to see a dream like this come true for our fanbase. I’m not even a big Smash player, but just seeing our boy up there alongside most of gaming’s biggest icons is surreal.

Same. I've never owned a Smash title, but will play socially. I'm god awful at fighting games. However, the magic of the moment isn't lost on me. Watching the cinematic got me misty-eyed, in traditional KH-opener fashion.

If anything will make me become a Switch/Smash owner it's the news that Sora, and now all of KH, is available and portable.

With the expectation of no news for the series this year, we've gotten some real surprises.

Last edited:

Nukara

Awards
Sora fights against Pikachu and Lucario.I could only imagine this in my most unrealizable fantasies.
This is the crossover we deserve.
Now officially, thanks to Smash, KH is associated with Pokemon,Mario,Sonic and even Persona. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back