• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix shares NEO TWEWY One-Shot by Shiro Amano to Commemorate EGS Release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

NEO The World Ends With You releases today on the Epic Games Store! To commemorate this occasion, Square Enix has shared a special one-shot manga by Shiro Amano, the mangaka of the Kingdom Hearts adaptations. Amano had previously done a one-shot for the original TWEWY and is no stranger to the Reapers' Game.

Visit GanGan Online or use the GanGan app to see what the Wicked Twisters are up to in this self-contained story!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awards
Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wtf shiro why'd you do that

also is it me or is amano phoning it in? Cuz pretty sure some of the panels in the one-shot are just basically direct copies of sprites from the game
I can only assume he was asked to do this one-shot fairly last minute and had to take shortcuts. Amano has a history of struggling to make deadlines and already has his hands full with KH.

Probably also didn't help that he was unaccustomed to drawing these characters either, and there are quite a few of them.

Awards
I can only assume he was asked to do this one-shot fairly last minute and had to take shortcuts. Amano has a history of struggling to make deadlines and already has his hands full with KH.

Probably also didn't help that he was unaccustomed to drawing these characters either, and there are quite a few of them.
Ah. Makes sense.

Still sad that the Sora and Rindo pic got deleted tho ;^;

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Everyone looks so cute! I'm so excited! And I'm so glad tradition was kept this way! Though it would be nice if we could get a TWEWY manga that was longer than one chapter, but I'll happily take what I can get.

Though I'm confused as to why Rindo's shirtless in the one panel, and why Shoka's holding makeup at the end? Both are for comedic reasons, I'm sure!

I can't wait for fan-translations to come out!:D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Everyone looks so cute! I'm so excited! And I'm so glad tradition was kept this way! Though it would be nice if we could get a TWEWY manga that was longer than one chapter, but I'll happily take what I can get.

Though I'm confused as to why Rindo's shirtless in the one panel, and why Shoka's holding makeup at the end? Both are for comedic reasons, I'm sure!

I can't wait for fan-translations to come out!:D
The panels with Rindo, Fret, and Susy-K shirtless are because they are at a bathhouse.

sakonan7

Awards
@Oracle Spockanort Oh my gosh. That's hilarious. LOL. Why are they at a bathhouse?
Guess the Reapers' Game doesn't feed or bathe you lol. Also, maybe Shoka has makeup so she can look good for Rindragon lol.
Edit: I found a summary of this one shot and it's not makeup. It's plum paste. The Wicked Twisters were going to lose the cooking competition and Shoka helped them win by putting plum paste on their food because plum is Shiba's favorite food.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 263385

read the one shot a while ago and its an aight read

Back