• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Y'all are overthinking this. Crispy Ratt's inclusion has jack diddly squat to do with talent, its about promotional material.
Grease Bratt is going to go on interviews and promote the movie, and everyone knows his brand is the easiest to digest for casuals.

LostArtist

Awards
Y'all are overthinking this. Crispy Ratt's inclusion has jack diddly squat to do with talent, its about promotional material.
Grease Bratt is going to go on interviews and promote the movie, and everyone knows his brand is the easiest to digest for casuals.
These nicknames, smh!! 😂😭

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Well, yeah. That's the problem, that they got all the A-listers they could instead of scouting talented voice actors that fit the role. Can't say much until we hear how the direction with their voices goes, but the trend of movies always just grabbing the biggest names they can instead of finding the right people for the role is what koopas my troopa.

Reactions: Max

Barrett

Awards
It's been days and I still haven't recovered from the Mario cast, I just wanna wake up from this simulation, please.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Well, yeah. That's the problem, that they got all the A-listers they could instead of scouting talented voice actors that fit the role. Can't say much until we hear how the direction with their voices goes, but the trend of movies always just grabbing the biggest names they can instead of finding the right people for the role is what koopas my troopa.

Pratt is a very talented voice actor. Have you seen Onward?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I try not to put stock into things like this, but it’s interesting that they got the date of the announcement correct back in July, especially considering it ended up being separate from the Direct itself. Must have been a super lucky guess.

But it would be pretty dope if Sakurai’s final Smash character shared a name with company. 😁

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Harada (Namco producer involved with their fighting games) once blocked a Twitter account named Soraforsmash but unblocked them this past June. Could be coincidence but that now makes 2 coincidences.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Anyone else see any of the recent articles about the 4K Switch dev kits? Seeing this floating around all over some of the usual big name game sites.
cdc.jpg

• Haha
Awards
Harada (Namco producer involved with their fighting games) once blocked a Twitter account named Soraforsmash but unblocked them this past June. Could be coincidence but that now makes 2 coincidences.
I sadly doubt Sora will get in.

Like, just think about it. He's had multiple chances to get in and it never happened.

Nomura just doesn't want to play ball.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I sadly doubt Sora will get in.

Like, just think about it. He's had multiple chances to get in and it never happened.

Nomura just doesn't want to play ball.

Assuming he’s not the last fighter because he hasn’t shown up already doesn’t make sense to me. You could say that about almost any character that isn’t in the series yet.

All the characters for Fighter Pass 2 were decided on by January of 2020, which was a big time for Kingdom Hearts with KH3 the year before and Re:Mind that month. He’s easily a character they could have planned to save for last from the start due to the hype surrounding him.

I’m not much of a Smash player, so it’s no big deal if it isn’t him. But it would be a cool way to tide us over until we get news on the next KH project.

Zetta slow

Awards
Pratt is a very talented voice actor. Have you seen Onward?
That's different though. Onward and Lego movie were basically just Chris Pratt being Chris Pratt. He wasn't doing a different voice, or accent. Mario is a completely different character. Chris Pratt as Mario is either going to be Chris Pratt with his normal voice, or Chris Pratt doing an Italian accent. I can't decide which would be worse.

• Haha

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
That's different though. Onward and Lego movie were basically just Chris Pratt being Chris Pratt. He wasn't doing a different voice, or accent. Mario is a completely different character. Chris Pratt as Mario is either going to be Chris Pratt with his normal voice, or Chris Pratt doing an Italian accent. I can't decide which would be worse.

Can you give me an example of good voice acting post-KH2 so we can calibrate where each of us is coming from?

Zetta slow

Awards
Can you give me an example of good voice acting post-KH2 so we can calibrate where each of us is coming from?
I don't mean to say that Chris Pratt is a bad voice actor. He's definitely good! It's just that I'm skeptical about the Italian accent that Mario has.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Let's be real though, Mario's accent isn't even a real accent. It's like a fake Family Guy style parody of an Italian accent.

Zetta slow

Awards
Let's be real though, Mario's accent isn't even a real accent. It's like a fake Family Guy style parody of an Italian accent.
I know it's not real, it's just strange, at least for me, to picture Mario with anything but that voice.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I know it's not real, it's just strange, at least for me, to picture Mario with anything but that voice.
I think it should have happened sooner. I think it's actually the reason why Mario never actually talks in the games, even when he has ample opportunity in Sunshine and Odyssey to talk to F.L.U.D.D. or Cappy. The voice doesn't lend itself to actually sounding good in full sentences.

Anyone remember "So long-ay Bowser" sounding like "So long, gay Bowser" from the 64? Yeah, having mistakes like that wouldn't fly in a movie lol.

Back