• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bayonetta

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Logo_for_Bayonetta.png
Developer: PlatinumGames
Publisher: Nintendo
Creator: Hideki Kamiya (Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry)

Decided to make a thread since I didn't see one.

So the latest news with Bayo 3 is that:
° Kamiya is tired of fans asking about it, LOL (old man yells at sky)
° And Nintendo executives acknowledge that is still exists and that it's progressing smoothly

Personally, something tells me that 2022 will be the year of female video game leads:
° Possible Prime Trilogy re-release
° Possible Bayo 3 release

And to those that have forgotten (lol), this is the Bayo 3 "logo" (could be placeholder):
1624041639256.png

Aaannnddd... this is the teaser they released almost four years ago at the Video Game Awards:

IF the broken logo and disappearance of Cereza/Bayonetta are any indication, then it could mean that the mysterious figure shown in the teaser killed her. Some fans theorize that the timeline went to shit and Bayonetta's partners will be the young versions of Jubilious and Alraune, representing to be the deities of Paladizo and Hell.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I played the first one and enjoyed it. However it had a weak story with unlikable characters so I just gave the sequel a skip. Plus I don't have a switch so....that was an easy decision.

A DMC crossover with Bayonetta would be pretty cool.

Awards
Honestly, Kamiya being annoyed that people are worried about the game's development and calling them "fucking idiots" for being worried that it's delayed is one of the douchiest things he's ever done.

And saying that "oh it's progressing smoothly" really ain't soothing my worries.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You know, I still have not gotten or played the 2nd game. 1 of these days maybe?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
A DMC crossover with Bayonetta would be pretty cool.
I agree. They should make this happen.

Honestly, Kamiya being annoyed that people are worried about the game's development and calling them "fucking idiots" for being worried that it's delayed is one of the douchiest things he's ever done.

And saying that "oh it's progressing smoothly" really ain't soothing my worries.
Yeah, guy has a temper.

Although I don't mind the wait time we've had, I can understand the fans that are annoyed. December marks the 4th anniversary of the Bayo3 teaser. If it proves anything, it means that the game didn't even start development and the teaser was a video and nothing in-game.

It wouldn't surprise me if they told us that the game entered development a year or a year and a half after the teaser, seeing as how they're making the game on a new development engine, and finishing those takes time. Like what happened with Sonic Forces.

D

Deleted member 246005

@Ballad of Caius
Capcom could always produce a DMCxBayonetta game while Platinum developed it. But I think Bayonetta became a Nintendo exclusive with 2. Mostly because Nintendo produced the game. So that's a hurdle to cross.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
@Ballad of Caius
Capcom could always produce a DMCxBayonetta game while Platinum developed it. But I think Bayonetta became a Nintendo exclusive with 2. Mostly because Nintendo produced the game. So that's a hurdle to cross.
Good point. Although Bayonetta did do a crossover with that mobile Shin Megami Tensei game

D

Deleted member 263385

Great series and i just consider Bayonetta to be the greatest.

D

Deleted member 246005

Bayonetta 3 got a new trailer and release date.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

Bayonetta 3 got a new trailer and release date.

This looks great. My theory about the long development time was that they started on it and then DMC5 came out and they went back to the drawing board. Bayo is definitely doing some V type stuff with the infernal demons. I'm excited.

I finally played Bayonetta 2 back in April and got my ass kicked the entire time, it was great.

Back