• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Leaked KH4 and KHUX for PC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Considering the complete afterthought of a story, I'd say no.
Fair point.

Maybe this isn't KH4 and NVIDIA is just calling it that because they saw it and assumed it was KH4 or smth?

Like, it's possible. The game has prolly had a whole year of dev time by now...if that Frozen 2 rumor is to be believed anyway.

LoneFox

Awards
You know they remade Coded from mobile to the Nintendo DS, right?
That was a completely different situation. To my knowledge (if someone knows better, please correct me), original Coded was a successful game on a not-so-successful platform. Porting it to a different platform made sense, especially when it could be done quite easily and cheaply by combining parts of the original with the engine used in 358/2 Days. UX rewrite would be much larger and more expensive project.

Zackarix

Awards
Regarding the rumored Disney+ series, am I the only one who thinks that it was considered, but wasn't greenlit for whatever reason? Even if a series gets far enough in development for a pilot to get made there are like ten failed pilots for every successful one. A KH series might have a better chance because it's attached to an already successful franchise, but the odds would still be stacked against it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Fair point.

Maybe this isn't KH4 and NVIDIA is just calling it that because they saw it and assumed it was KH4 or smth?

Like, it's possible. The game has prolly had a whole year of dev time by now...if that Frozen 2 rumor is to be believed anyway.
Well this whole thing ended up being a nothingburger once Nvidia came out and doused the fires:

NVIDIA is aware of an unauthorized published game list, with both released and/or speculative titles, used only for internal tracking and testing. Inclusion on the list is neither confirmation nor an announcement of any game.

NVIDIA took immediate action to remove access to the list. No confidential game builds or personal information were exposed.

so I wouldn't pay it anymore attention.

GreyouTT

Awards
If it's the actual name of the next title I win a bet

Therefore this isn't correct

the red monster

Awards
Fair point.

i mean people assumed BBS was KH3. so it might be same case here.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@KeybladeLordSora He did say that there was going to be one more in-between game, if I recall correctly. But perhaps plans have changed. Maybe Disney and/or Square Enix wants to strike while the iron is hot, since KHIII did so well. And maybe they've come to think that having so many spinoff titles between numbered titles was slightly a mistake. But this is all just speculation on my part. Or maybe some of that planned midquel will now be put into KHIV.

@KingdomKurdistan It could be a placeholder name (or someone just getting confused with the KH titles and thinking "Kingdom Hearts: Verum Rex" or whatever is Kingdom Hearts IV). And I think we've seen stuff like that before, if I'm remembering right. Haha.

But I definitely think that this list was real, and that they're now saying all of this was speculative to try and save face... since I don't think anyone at all was thinking about a Final Fantasy IX remake before yesterday. But I could be wrong, of course.

Awards
@KeybladeLordSora He did say that there was going to be one more in-between game, if I recall correctly. But perhaps plans have changed. Maybe Disney and/or Square Enix wants to strike while the iron is hot, since KHIII did so well. And maybe they've come to think that having so many spinoff titles between numbered titles was slightly a mistake. But this is all just speculation on my part. Or maybe some of that planned midquel will now be put into KHIV.

@KingdomKurdistan It could be a placeholder name (or someone just getting confused with the KH titles and thinking "Kingdom Hearts: Verum Rex" or whatever is Kingdom Hearts IV). And I think we've seen stuff like that before, if I'm remembering right. Haha.

But I definitely think that this list was real, and that they're now saying all of this was speculative to try and save face... since I don't think anyone at all was thinking about a Final Fantasy IX remake before yesterday. But I could be wrong, of course.
You don't need to believe. It is real.

A new Brothers in Arms and a Destroy All Humans 2 remake, both in the database, were confirmed by Gearbox and Sony respectively after this leak. The latter accidentally too.

As the reddit comment said, nothing on that list is fictional as they used the GFN platform at some point, and they have profiles because NVIDIA knows about 'em.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think we need to take a more nuanced approach to this than "it's real" or "it's fake." I consider myself a skeptic with regard to 99% of these things, but at this point I think it's pretty clear that "speculative" is merely a euphemism; NVIDIA staff wouldn't add placeholders on totally baseless assumptions and complete guesses, they obviously know things we don't. At the same time, we have to understand that not all the titles listed are necessarily destined for announcement or release—plans change, things get canceled, development gets re-routed, and titles are renamed. It is entirely possible that FF9, for instance, is simply referring to the recent remaster; but the point is that these have some basis in reality, we just don't know to what extent.

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
C'mon guys. A Chrono Cross remaster, a FF Tactics remaster, a FF9 remake, and KH4. This reads like a wish list.
I mean, we weren’t expecting an animated series based on FF9, yet we have one in the works. It’s possible they thought of making a remake for that game before they decided on an animated series instead, or it could be a tie-in to the show, or it could be none of those things.

It’s also possible these ‘remasters’ are simply ports to other consoles’ online shops, like FF7 got a bunch of before it got that proper remake. We don’t know for sure. For now I’m just gonna treat this list as rumour until the curtain officially lifts on these titles.

the red monster

Awards
it's safe to assume the leak is real.
but it doesn't mean the games will ever get a public release. they were at least worked on at some point.
we also don't need a list to confirm we getting something next year, it's basically a given.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
UX remake is not going to happen. Even if Nomura wanted to do it, the necktie clowns won't let him, because they consider the original to be a failure. On the other hand, a PC port of the final version of the original is possible. It should be relatively easy to do, because the game is already using a portability framework that supports many different platforms, and it would solve the story availability problem people have been complaining about.

There needs to be at least one other game before KH4, because numbered games for sure have Sora as the main character, and he is currently unavailable. I'm actually expecting two, Verum Rex with Riku as the main protagonist, and then whatever they have planned for Lauriam.

Also, isn't the anniversary project most likely the rumored anime series?
I rather they just make KHUX into a movie. There'd be no reason to visit dead/empty DISNEY worlds, when they could be saved for an actual visit with Sora.

If they do an in-between game, they can include the KHUX film as an unlockable for beating the game. Or maybe include a sort of Fragmentary Passage type game with "Player" after you beat the in-between game - kind of like Reverse/Rebirth. You get a glimpse of the future with the main game, then you get a glimpse of the past with the KHUX stuff - all helping to build to KH IV.

Back