• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The kingdom heart and the kingdom key

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ziegfreld

Awards
So, i just ended kh2.5, if I remember well the orgXIII needed roxas to collect hearts, cuz he had the keyblade that liberate hearts and sent it to kingdom hearts. Everybody in org do have a weapon, but they needed roxas's keyblade, otherwise there isn't the need of such ruckus about keys, and they did 2 times, with sora and roxas. So the keyblade should be the only deal to get those hearts.
But tell me, if the keyblade is the way to release hearts what is the thing that go away when cloud/leon/any other character that defeat a heartless defeat a heartless ? They simply go away? So keyblade reason is to send hearts to kingdom hearts ? I mean, that's the deal that the keyblade do ? Really for serious, the most powerful weapon of all just help the baddies ?

Jochira

Awards
If a Heartless get defeated by anything other than a Keyblade so will a new Heartless be born from defeated Heartless, since the freed Heart have nowhere else to go, hope that answers your question 'bout what happens when any none-Keyblade wielder defeats a Heartless.

okhi12

Awards
Jochira is right, it is implied -or maybe stated in game, I don't remember- that any heart released by a non-keyblade weapon is not truly freed and becomes another heartless. The only weapon which can release hearts and free them is the keyblade, that way the heart is able to reunite with its body and recomplete the original self. If a nobody was formed, the original self can't be restored until the nobody is defeated as well.

If I remember well, KH 358/2 Days represents the difference between the keyblade and other weapons as hearts released by another weapon being gray, while those released by the keyblade are pink. The other games do not make this distinction, though.

The keyblade does not send the hearts to the fake kingdom hearts on its own, it's more like Org. XIII know the way it works and take advantage of it, snatching the hearts as they are freed before they had the chance to reunite with their corresponding bodies.
You can actually see this in KH2 after the scene when Saïx explains the process to Sora, Donald and Goofy. They defeat some heartless, the hearts are released and a close-up shows they are engulfed in a dark energy and disappear. That represents the Org. XIII capturing the hearts.

IMG_20210907_194304.png

In short, to answer your question, yes, the keyblade benefits Org. XIII's plans, but it's not the keyblade's fault. Org. XIII just happens to know how to take advantage of the way it works. How they were able to track down every heart Sora, Roxas and Xion released is another question... I guess that's what Xemnas was doing all the time at the Altar of Naught. Poor man, what a boring existence.

Last edited:

magic713

Awards
Org. XIII just happens to know how to take advantage of the way it works. How they were able to track down every heart Sora, Roxas and Xion released is another question...
My guess was that they could not prevent hearts from reforming into Heartless, but Hearts that were freed, they were able to form a sort of vacuum that freed Hearts were drawn to in order to form their Kingdom Hearts. So they didn't need to seek the Hearts out once they were no longer linked to Heartless.

Ziegfreld

Awards
Jochira is right, it is implied -or maybe stated in game, I don't remember- that any heart released by a non-keyblade weapon is not truly freed and becomes another heartless. The only weapon which can release hearts and free them is the keyblade, that way the heart is able to reunite with its body and recomplete the original self. If a nobody was formed, the original self can't be restored until the nobody is defeated as well.

If I remember well, KH 358/2 Days represents the difference between the keyblade and other weapons as hearts released by another weapon being gray, while those released by the keyblade are pink. The other games do not make this distinction, though.

The keyblade does not send the hearts to the fake kingdom hearts on its own, it's more like Org. XIII know the way it works and take advantage of it, snatching the hearts as they are freed before they had the chance to reunite with their corresponding bodies.
You can actually see this in KH2 after the scene when Saïx explains the process to Sora, Donald and Goofy. They defeat some heartless, the hearts are released and a close-up shows they are engulfed in a dark energy and disappear. That represents the Org. XIII capturing the hearts.

View attachment 14238

In short, to answer your question, yes, the keyblade benefits Org. XIII's plans, but it's not the keyblade's fault. Org. XIII just happens to know how to take advantage of the way it works. How they were able to track down every heart Sora, Roxas and Xion released is another question... I guess that's what Xemnas was doing all the time at the Altar of Naught. Poor man, what a boring existence.
Oh, I remember now, of the non-keyblade thing
That's resolve my first question, and the second also
But I still in doubt about the purpose of the keyblade, in the ddd it you have this dreams of hearts, that have spirits and nightmares, and world defeated by the hertless
Could it be that the keyblade sent those hearts to dreams to they be re-created? One more, supposing that the org xiii are taking the hearts, if sora kill a whole bunch of heartless and no one is trying to make the kingdom hearts, where this hearts will go ? They could be reformed along with the nobody counterpart like xehanort did ?

Ziegfreld

Awards
My guess was that they could not prevent hearts from reforming into Heartless, but Hearts that were freed, they were able to form a sort of vacuum that freed Hearts were drawn to in order to form their Kingdom Hearts. So they didn't need to seek the Hearts out once they were no longer linked to Heartless.
That vacuum you mean, is the locked up hearts under the MCP room on kh2 right ?
That room where filled with hearts
And the heartless sort of seek hearts right ? So they dosent should go after that room like there is no tomorrow?

Ziegfreld

Awards
If a Heartless get defeated by anything other than a Keyblade so will a new Heartless be born from defeated Heartless, since the freed Heart have nowhere else to go, hope that answers your question 'bout what happens when any none-Keyblade wielder defeats a Heartless.
Well, thanks a lot
That solved indeed my question about the hearts and keys, but I still thinking about the purpose of the keyblade, I mean after the war and all, Sara's keyblade to be more precise

okhi12

Awards
Oh, I remember now, of the non-keyblade thing
That's resolve my first question, and the second also
But I still in doubt about the purpose of the keyblade, in the ddd it you have this dreams of hearts, that have spirits and nightmares, and world defeated by the hertless
Could it be that the keyblade sent those hearts to dreams to they be re-created? One more, supposing that the org xiii are taking the hearts, if sora kill a whole bunch of heartless and no one is trying to make the kingdom hearts, where this hearts will go ? They could be reformed along with the nobody counterpart like xehanort did ?
How the sleeping worlds ''function'' is never explained in detail and I'm not sure I undertand your question, but the sleeping worlds are somehow locked and that prevents them from returning to the realm of light. The people living in the sleeping worlds don't truly exist, they are illusions created by those worlds to fill in the void created by their absence, and the events happening in these worlds are locked in a cycle until the sleeping heyholes are unlocked and the world wakes up. So the people living there are not real, they are being dreamed by the worlds. The keyblade does not send their hearts there to be recreated.

About the dream eaters, they are said to be the counterpart of heartless in the sleeping worlds or more precisely the form taken by darkness in those worlds, but apparently they don't held hearts captive like emblem heartless do. After all, whose hearts would they stole if the people in the sleeping worlds are merely illusions? They don't seem to release any heart when defeated, they just vanish. The heartless feed on hearts while the dream eaters eat dreams, as their name says. What happens to those dreams is unknown. There is not any heart for the keyblade to send anywhere after defeating them. The only hearts which truly exist in the sleeping worlds must be the hearts of the worlds themselves.

About the other question, yes, when a heartless is defeated by a keyblade the heart is released and the person is restored. This is what happens normally, unless the Org. XIII is there catching the hearts.
If the body of that person became a nobody (which only happens to people with strong hearts), the person cannot be restored until the nobody is defeated as well. If the body didn't become a nodody, only the heartless must be defeated for that person to be restored.

Back