• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

magic713

Awards
Just a random thought that popped into my head, but I imagined how neat it would be if the Org XIII members designs were inspired by Final Fantasy characters. Though, there would be a few exception in that Axel who be assigned VII since it is no secret who his inspiration was; Xemnas and Roxas would be excluded since they're suppose to be a part of existing KH characters. Plus Larxene would be an issue, since KHCOM and KHII were released before FFXII.

Still, fun to imagine.

Zackarix

Awards
Just a random thought that popped into my head, but I imagined how neat it would be if the Org XIII members designs were inspired by Final Fantasy characters. Though, there would be a few exception in that Axel who be assigned VII since it is no secret who his inspiration was; Xemnas and Roxas would be excluded since they're suppose to be a part of existing KH characters. Plus Larxene would be an issue, since KHCOM and KHII were released before FFXII.

Still, fun to imagine.
Why would Larxene be a problem? She's already based on based on a Final Fantasy: Elena the Turk. Unless you're talking about the ranking of Organization XIII corresponding to a game, in which case Axel, Larxene, and Vexen would have to share a number. And XII wouldn't be as big a problem as you think because it was in development for a while and was originally slated for release in 2004.

But I get the general spirit of your post. It could have been fun for all the members except for Roxas and Xemnas to be directly based on specific FF characters instead of just the CoM trio.

magic713

Awards
She's already based on based on a Final Fantasy: Elena the Turk.
I was very unaware that was the case. I thought it was only Axel who was inspired by a FF character (Reno). Are there others that I missed?

But yeah, my idea was that each numbered member's design would be inspired by a character from the respective numbered FF game.

Zackarix

Awards
I was very unaware that was the case. I thought it was only Axel who was inspired by a FF character (Reno). Are there others that I missed?

But yeah, my idea was that each numbered member's design would be inspired by a character from the respective numbered FF game.
Vexen was based on Hojo.

Are there any specific Final Fantasy characters are you thinking about re-imagining as members of Organization XIII?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Axel:Reno is the only one that Nomura specifically confirmed. While the others have similarities in one way or another, them being inspired by FF characters isn't fact.

magic713

Awards
Vexen was based on Hojo.
Oh. That makes sense.

Are there any specific Final Fantasy characters are you thinking about re-imagining as members of Organization XIII?
Not at the moment right now. I would need to think about that, if I was going for anything similar to my FF-inspired thoughts.
Axel:Reno is the only one that Nomura specifically confirmed. While the others have similarities in one way or another, them being inspired by FF characters isn't fact.
Thanks for setting the record straight, on that.

Last edited:

magic713

Awards
Maybe Organization member IX could be inspired by Blank. Having a headband and maybe stiches in a different pattern than the original character. Not patched up with different skin tones.

Zackarix

Awards
It's worth noting that whether or not Vexen being based on Hojo is confirmed, they do share a voice actors in Japan: originally Nachi Nozawa (RIP) and after the roles were recast Shigeru Chiba.

You know what's one potential upside of the "more O13 members could have been directly inspired by FF characters" idea? It might have lead to more members being women. FF has a long history of strong female characters and if they're drawing inspiration from that history we might have more than one token girl who doesn't even make it into the main game.

AegisXIII

Awards
It's worth noting that whether or not Vexen being based on Hojo is confirmed, they do share a voice actors in Japan: originally Nachi Nozawa (RIP) and after the roles were recast Shigeru Chiba.

You know what's one potential upside of the "more O13 members could have been directly inspired by FF characters" idea? It might have lead to more members being women. FF has a long history of strong female characters and if they're drawing inspiration from that history we might have more than one token girl who doesn't even make it into the main game.
Organization members are all stereotypes that you often see in other anime/mangas. The crazy scientist, the colossal brute force guy, the etc... I wonder if it was made on purpose since they have no heart, they could have decided to mimic stereotypes to look human.
I often watch other japanese content and more than once have I thought: oh this one looks like xaldin or this one is marluxia, etc...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think it would've been fun if say Org. member I was based off a character from the first FF, member II off a character from FFII, member V off a character from FFV, X off of FFX, etc. etc. Roxas as number XIII suits that arrangement since up to that point, FFXIII hadn't been released yet.

magic713

Awards
I think it would've been fun if say Org. member I was based off a character from the first FF, member II off a character from FFII, member V off a character from FFV, X off of FFX, etc. etc. Roxas as number XIII suits that arrangement since up to that point, FFXIII hadn't been released yet.
By the time KHII was released, FFXII was not out until the following year, so member 12 might have been tricky to reference unless they didn't mind the member being revealed before the respective FF game.

Also, Xemnas as number 1 was fine, since much of the first FF was tropes jrpg medieval fantasy

Last edited:

magic713

Awards
I would have liked Marluxia to be the female Organization member. Even if being the only female, at least the big bad of one KH game/story would be a woman.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
The ladder going up the far side of the islet on Destiny Islands inexplicably disappears on the night it falls to darkness. Imagine swimming around in panic fleeing from monsters flailing around trying to grab the rungs that aren't there.

It's those little things that stay with me most from KH.

Last edited:
Back