• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bad news

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Thanks. They think they know what’s best for me and that they have to control my every action to save me. That is pretty messed up. Unfortunately, I’ll never be able to break free until I’m 18
Always remember, it gets better. It might not seem like it right now, but you barely have started your life. Right now is just a fraction of time in your life and once you can break free and be on your own, you will see how great things can be. Don't give up hope, just find the strength to have the patience to get through your current situation.

Soldier

Awards
I’m kinda surprised they lasted this long before catching it.
It is a curious phenomenon. Some people are resistant to diseases like COVID even without the vaccine flowing through their systems, but that's only temporary. Eventually it'll catch up to them unless something is done/precautions are taken. Since neither of those options were taken, this is the end result.

AegisXIII

Awards
By the way, did they recover? Are they still in denial about the disease?

Dark Rot

Awards
It's no consolation to the stress of living under their rules, but it sounds like your parents actually really love you a lot. They're looking out for you more than anyone, and that love is no joke. When it comes down to it, that's what matters most in life. They ain't evil, kid! But I get it. It's tough. I hope you guys can find more common ground in the future, because on some level, they already "get" you more than the folks on here ever could. Even if it doesn't feel like it now.

And to everyone else... While I think it's sweet that you all want to support a young member who's reaching out, I think you're all being a little hard on the parents. It's good to sympathize, but that's still someone else's family. Have a little propriety. lol.

Zul

Awards
It's no consolation to the stress of living under their rules, but it sounds like your parents actually really love you a lot. They're looking out for you more than anyone, and that love is no joke.

Any reasonable sincere love involves putting aside one's pride in order to seek knowledge and act upon it, rather than upon one's ignorance.

A parent that prevents their child from getting a vaccine is potentially harming their child, they may claim it is out of love all they want, but that does not put aside the fact that they are not willing to put a sincere effort to research knowledge and understand that a vaccine is a major effort to ensuring their child's safety.

Love is no longer good when combined with ignorance, and intentional persistence in ignorance is born from arrogance. A parent that prevents their child from getting a tested vaccine loves themselves, not their child.

Last edited:

Dark Rot

Awards
Hmmm. Nope. Sorry, I'm not entertaining any of that. See, this kind of thing is one of the reasons that protective parents are so wary of forums.

Telling a child that their parents don't love them because they don't align with your personal ideology is cookaburra-sits-in-the-old-gum-tree bananaramadingdong ridiculous LUNACY. Sometime I think Lewis Carroll could not write a madder tea party than KHInsider.

Zul

Awards
Telling a child that their parents don't love them because they don't align with your personal ideology is lunacy.

That's not what I meant though.

I'm saying a parent who loves their child will put forth the effort to ensure their actions benefit their child and don't cause them harm, they'll make sure to research the consequences of what they are doing and/or avoiding.

Now we can't blame a parent's ignorance alone because people aren't all-knowing, rather the active negligence of knowledge is what is blameworthy, and that behavior is born out of selfish pride, not love.

WaltK

Awards
Hmmm. Nope. Sorry, I'm not entertaining any of that. See, this kind of thing is one of the reasons that protective parents are so wary of forums.

Telling a child that their parents don't love them because they don't align with your personal ideology is cookaburra-sits-in-the-old-gum-tree bananaramadingdong ridiculous LUNACY. Sometime I think Lewis Carroll could not write a madder tea party than KHInsider.
Then you’re just as ignorant as them.

I’m not denying Willow’s parents love her, but their wilful ignorance is doing her legitimate harm.

The more I hear about Willow’s plight, the more I’m reminded of Leelah Alcorn, and we all know how her story ended.

Last edited:

Dark Rot

Awards
Jesus, and now you're projecting suicide onto this kid. You all. Need to. CHILL the hell out with the catastrophizing. It's understandable for Willow, but the rest of you are not helping by trying to further a wedge between family members. Willow's parents do not sound abusive, they sound concerned and are doing their best. Not everyone has parents who care that much. It's a valuable thing. It's a confusing world and people are gonna see things differently, but since none of you actually have any say in the situation, dramatically reaffirming how it should be... isn't the role model behavior you think it is. Seriously, think about it.

edit:
Any reasonable love

Love isn't reasonable. But it is real. And you can't trade it for anything.

Last edited:

Zul

Awards
Love isn't reasonable.

This isn't even a reply to what I responded to you with, it's just a chunk out of my older post. I changed reasonable to sincere to be more precise though.

But it is real. And you can't trade it for anything.

This really has nothing to do with my point. No matter what it is, love or not, if it causes harm, it should be traded for something that does not. This isn't a fantasy movie where love is a monolithic, magical force that solves everything and is precious in every context.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Jesus, and now you're projecting suicide onto this kid. You all. Need to. CHILL the hell out with the catastrophizing. It's understandable for Willow, but the rest of you are not helping by trying to further a wedge between family members. Willow's parents do not sound abusive, they sound concerned and are doing their best. Not everyone has parents who care that much. It's a valuable thing. It's a confusing world and people are gonna see things differently, but since none of you actually have any say in the situation, dramatically reaffirming how it should be... isn't the role model behavior you think it is. Seriously, think about it.

edit:

You really haven’t seen half the things Willow has said about their parents in the past. They are absolutely emotionally abusive.

Willow A113

Awards
@Dark Rot You say people shouldn’t assume my parents are abusive. You shouldn’t assume they aren’t.
I could go on for hours listing all of the hurtful things they said to me. Sure they tell me they love me, but that’s a lie because they don’t. I know my parents better than you do so please don’t act like you know them and know they’re trying to do good things.
They don’t “get” me, not in the slightest. If they got me, understood me, they would do everything they can to help me.
You know, it seem like you just go on sensitive topics such as this and tell everyone some stupid, baseless opinion just to make people mad. Do you enjoy that? You need to stop.
The more I hear about Willow’s plight, the more I’m reminded of Leelah Alcorn, and we all know how her story ended.
I’ve actually been compared to Leelah Alcorn before. We do have a lot in common, but you don’t have to worry about me, I won’t do that.

I did not mean for this post to go like this. I merely wanted to tell everybody that if I don’t check in after a few days, it’s because my parents took khinsider away. Khinsider is a place I go as a distraction. From my parents. While I don’t mind talking about them, and I actually like letting my feelings out, I’d still rather not. I prefer to talk to specific people about this and not an entire website.
I appreciate all of your support, it means a lot to me. It does make me happy to see that so many people on here want to help. And you have to an extent.
But I think it’s time to close this thread. It went way off from what I wanted it to be.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

edit:

How is being oppressive "caring"? I can understand them being concerned over what Willow watches/does, but the "caring" part ends when there is no discussion about it. Their parents never bothered to even hear their side of the things. If Willow's parents did care, they would at least try to understand what Willow is going through and see that it is hurting them and try to find some sort of middle ground. Willow's parents have the right to take care of their child how they see fit, whether it is teaching their beliefs to them, but the issue at hand here is that there is a conflict in beliefs - and the parents do not attempt to understand or reach out to Willow about the conflict. Instead it's the parents' way or nothing.

Actually concerned parents - even if they had their own strict beliefs - should at least hear out their child and try to understand/meet the kid somewhere in the middle. That's being understanding and caring. Willow doesn't deserve to be enduring all of this pain from their parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back