• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 in june..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
And for all we know the Eidos game could take over half the run-time if they want to showcase various gameplay features.
Well their press release does offer some promise of hidden treasures:

“Rest assured we have plenty that will definitely make you go ‘ooh' and possibly even ‘ahh’, but we’re going to keep the line-up mostly under wraps for now. After all, we don’t want to ruin the fun.

With that in mind, here’s a tantalizingly vague list at what you can expect to see”

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I figured they might not mention Final Fantasy since they know shady individuals have press assets and don't want to give people any reason to release them into the wild before a formal announcement.

In any case, insiders have said FF will show up sometime this month. It's just a matter of where.

Still don't expect KH anywhere though.

the red monster

Awards
Yeah KH will have it's moments next year. i don't see them showing anything KH at E3.
Really hyped for Babylon's ball/XVI/FF Origin/Forspoken news. should be incredible "direct"

the red monster

Awards
Eh the combat looks better than nier automata will ever be. was really disappointed.

AegisXIII

Awards
So we are now one week away from E3 Square Enix conference. And I don't know about you but I think we are gonna get one crazy hype trailer about the future of Phase 2 with more tiles of this graph to be revealed:
1622932825397.png

Awards
So we are now one week away from E3 Square Enix conference. And I don't know about you but I think we are gonna get one crazy hype trailer about the future of Phase 2 with more tiles of this graph to be revealed:
View attachment 14014
I hope so. That would be awesome.

Also imagine if Babylon's Fall is indeed a Nier title, and Yoko Taro shows up to talk about it, only to remove his mask and reveal that he's actually Nomura and the real Yoko Taro shows up from behind a randomly placed potted tree or something.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
So it's looking more and more likely that all the rumors of a Nintendo Switch Pro were hyped up for no reason by overly thirsty fans and propogated by YouTubers who just wanted to prop up their view counts with "leak" videos. The entire industry is starting to backtrack on those rumors that Nintendo would show something before E3. I'm laughing at the idiocy of it all.

The Switch doesn't NEED a hardware revision. At all. Their sales are not slacking at all even with no price drop since launch, and it's obvious that the lack of third party AAA games isn't hindering it in any capacity. And so long as the PS5 remains impossible to get for the majority of people, the Switch won't even have to bother competing with it.

I mean, God of War Ragnarok was delayed to 2022 and is apparently still being made playable on PS4. That really doesn't look so good for PS5.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So it's looking more and more likely that all the rumors of a Nintendo Switch Pro were hyped up for no reason by overly thirsty fans and propogated by YouTubers who just wanted to prop up their view counts with "leak" videos. The entire industry is starting to backtrack on those rumors that Nintendo would show something before E3. I'm laughing at the idiocy of it all.

The Switch doesn't NEED a hardware revision. At all. Their sales are not slacking at all even with no price drop since launch, and it's obvious that the lack of third party AAA games isn't hindering it in any capacity. And so long as the PS5 remains impossible to get for the majority of people, the Switch won't even have to bother competing with it.

I mean, God of War Ragnarok was delayed to 2022 and is apparently still being made playable on PS4. That really doesn't look so good for PS5.
Oh well, back to the "KH3 demake on unity engine with assets from MoM's inevitable DLC" dream then.

the red monster

Awards
The switch pro is definitely still happening even if it would be revealed this week or week after E3.
Bloomberg and emily rogers are rarely wrong when it comes to nintendo leaks.
worst case it just got delayed for a little bit. i feel they would want it out before/with legends arceus either way.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The switch pro is definitely still happening even if it would be revealed this week or week after E3.
Bloomberg and emily rogers are rarely wrong when it comes to nintendo leaks.
worst case it just got delayed for a little bit. i feel they would want it out before/with legends arceus either way.
Supposedly there's records of Nintendo buying a million 7" OLED screens from Samsung, they gotta be using using those for something.

Realistically they're probably waiting until closer to launch to announce it so it doesn't cannibalize current sales. No one's gonna buy any Switches if they know a better one is just months away. & then any Pro exclusive games comes whenever the 3rd parties feel like it, such as a KH 20th event next year. I would prefer not waiting that long, but Waiting is Square's favorite word.

Noivern

Awards

The DS didn't need a revision and yet we got the DSi. 3DS was more than fine after the rocky first year and we got the New3DS. Nintendo has been doing revisions and relaunches of their consoles for years and while I also do not want a SwitchPro, it's nothing that they haven't done before.

As for the thread: I talked about this somewhere else, but it makes no reason for them to give anything from the next KH games this year. It makes much more sense to save the big announcements for the actual 20th anniversary.

Dark Road still has 2 more updates to go and UX barely ended, so KH is still in a good spot for the rest of the year. Between NEO: TWEWY, the FF titles and the newly announced Dragon Quest Stuff, Square has more than enough in it's plate to fill the spots.

If KH is mentioned at all then it'll probably be with a quick announcement + teaser for the next DR update. I still hope Sora on Smash could be a thing, but If it does happen then it's probably being saved for later as well.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If KH is mentioned at all then it'll probably be with a quick announcement + teaser for the next DR update. I still hope Sora on Smash could be a thing, but If it does happen then it's probably being saved for later as well.
Sora in SSB won't be saved until next year for the 20th, Smash's DLC ends this year. So if he's happening it's either at E3 or some random direct in like September. E3 sounds the better option to me.

Plus Smash has a history of showing 2 characters at E3. Like when Banjo and Hero bookended a show.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Awards
Sora in SSB won't be saved until next year for the 20th, Smash's DLC ends this year. So if he's happening it's either at E3 or some random direct in like September. E3 sounds the better option to me.

Plus Smash has a history of showing 2 characters at E3. Like when Banjo and Hero bookended a show.
See, this! He and Crash are my two MW's so I'd be hyped to see either one of them (if not both) as part of the last two.

As for the SE Presents, with its runtime I'm hopeful for at least a teaser of the next KH game.

Awards
At most we’ll get nomura or someone saying something like “the next Kingdom Hearts game’s development is going smoothly and we’ll announce more soon.
I'm more optimistic. I feel like he'll throw us a bone with a teaser trailer.

Because unless I'm wrong, he never explicitly said there would be absolutely no announcements this year and only mentioned "new releases".

the red monster

Awards
If we getting a teaser for anything it would be FF7R part 2, since nomura already wanted to talk about it last month.
also will boost yuffie DLC sales.
for KH they can wait since fans already know something will happen next year anyway.

Back