• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's voice actor preys on his female fanbase on social media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
No evidence? But... the guy has literally been arrested and indicted.
He ran away to Mexico shortly after he did his crimes, changed his name, and tried to rewrite his entire life.
Like huh? Drake Bell is actually in trouble with the law as they waited to catch him for 3ish years and you write it off as "no evidence"?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He ran away to Mexico shortly after he did his crimes, changed his name, and tried to rewrite his entire life.
Like huh? Drake Bell is actually in trouble with the law as they waited to catch him for 3ish years and you write it off as "no evidence"?
I think they were talking about QF. Drake's case is easy to research since it is making its rounds in big press outlets and if that was what he was defending, that banned user is actually an idiot.

Awards
I find it hilarious that he actually did that.

That's a cartoon gag for crying out loud

Neriede

Awards
Anyway, regarding Quiton Flynn, I have mixed feelings. I haven't looked too deep into this story and I don't want to. I would prefer that the people involved with it simply go to the justice rather than on twitter, because nothing good can come out of it. If it's true and he did bad thing, twitter is not where things should be handled, and if it's wrong, well that should scare everyone.

From what I have read, the people who have been through the worst of QF are scared. I think taking that one girl to court was meant to be an example of what he'd do to people who spoke out. I agree Twitter is not the place for it, but forcing victims to go against a known voice actors before they are ready is also not okay. Until that happens, I guess talking about it on Twitter is all people have.

How many KH voice actors is this now that Drake Bell happened?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
From what I have read, the people who have been through the worst of QF are scared. I think taking that one girl to court was meant to be an example of what he'd do to people who spoke out. I agree Twitter is not the place for it, but forcing victims to go against a known voice actors before they are ready is also not okay. Until that happens, I guess talking about it on Twitter is all people have.

How many KH voice actors is this now that Drake Bell happened?
Three? QF, Drake Bell, and Vexen’s VA???

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
English or Japanese? Because if it was his japanese VA I could completely understand, I mean, listen to that laugh
It totally says "Let's have some fun ladies".
No, his Japanese VA is dead.

Derek Stephen Prince is the one I’m talking about. He hit on some underaged girls and he apologized because he wasn’t aware they were underaged.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm literally sitting here like "why the fuck are people talking about Drake Bell, what does he have to do with this" before remembering the startling fact that not only was Drake in Kingdom Hearts 3, he had the last line of dialogue.

Soldier

Awards
I'm literally sitting here like "why the fuck are people talking about Drake Bell, what does he have to do with this" before remembering the startling fact that not only was Drake in Kingdom Hearts 3, he had the last line of dialogue.
I guess you could say he *removes sunglasses*
"had the last word"

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I work contract work, just like him, and wouldn't bad mouth people who work on a show the season after the one I worked on. Just because you work one gig, and have a contract for that gig, doesn't mean the next one is guaranteed. He should know that, being the "professional" that he is.
While I have never cared for Flynn even pre-scandal because he was obviously a Trump type and it sounds like he's done many questionable things, I don't see him being angry that he and the rest of the VII cast were replaced out-of-nowhere as one of them. I think the voice actors' (and the fans') anger there was entirely deserved.

Leaving aside all the controversy, I've never really cared for the voice acting for Axel anyway. I mean, KH2 was the worst performance (and it being the first time we he was voiced didn't help), which may be part of it, but the performance improved in following games, imo. I think I just never cared for the voice they picked for Axel at all. I guess that's the problem with a game that is text-only, you build a voice in your head and then when they're cast years later, they don't quite fit. It would be interesting to hear the character with a different voice.

Last edited:

Neriede

Awards
Three? QF, Drake Bell, and Vexen’s VA???
James Woods (Hades) and T.J. Miller (Fred), too. Technically not KH only, though.

While I have never cared for Flynn even pre-scandal because he was obviously a Trump type and it sounds like he's done many questionable things, I don't see him being angry that he and the rest of the VII cast were replaced out-of-nowhere as one of them. I think the voice actors' (and the fans') anger there was entirely deserved.
From what I've heard, he didn't take it well. But yeah considering they all got replaced, it obviously wasn't personal with Reno. I think the new guy did do a better job, though. Flynn is one of those people who don't really change his voice unless they're doing some specific type of character. Therefore easy to replace, really.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Difference is all the other actors didn’t link to a petition to rehire all the original actors. That’s what pushed him over the line to being unprofessional.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
So I'm guessing he was blacklisted but it was never officially announced. It's the only way I can explain how unhinged he sounds. Also this is the podcast of the same Guy told Vic that it was a good idea to sue for defemation and wore blackface. What great company.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back