• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So...are Xion and Roxas half brother and sister?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

okhi12

Awards
Keep in mind this is one of many hypotheses that runs in the Ansem Reports concerning Naminè. Which means they are not actual facts, just theories. Following them, Ansem never says she has Sora's body and soul, just that she was made/born from them, which is technically true. Kairi's heart left Sora. But he's nothing but an intermediary. Ansem also talks about how Naminè is the Kairi that came into contact with Sora's heart.

So there was no configuration -- all Sora did was allow Naminè to make her form corporeal (i.e. it's her own, not anyone's), not that she has any of Sora's discarded body and/or soul. Hence, a Kairi ghost/shadow made solid. Labeling her as a Nobody is even just a tentative term because Ansem has no idea what the heck she really is. Nomura once stated in an interview she may be a subspecies of a Nobody. Whatever normally applies to Nobodies wouldn't exactly apply to her. Furthermore, Sora did not need her to be complete (like Roxas and Xion) and there was no adverse reaction to her touching him in CoM in comparison to her touching Kairi in KHII when they were running together. Naminè started visibly dissipating into her.

Naminè's not a Sora, not even partially, and doesn't obtain anything from him. She would have had to be divided in two otherwise. That didn't happen at all as well.

The Sora aspect is taken literally when it shouldn't be the case. In every sense, Naminè is Kairi.

And basically a freak accident.
It's tricky because we don't know at all how bodies work in this series so whether or not she has some substance and where it came from is difficult to say. I agree she doesn't have anything at all from Sora because she didn't have to return anything to him. I didn't think about that but makes sense. And it's funny you said that in every sense Naminé is Kairi because that is true and false at the same time. Actually in every sense she's NOT Kairi despite coming from her... which in turn makes her Kairi. Her very existence is so weird. A freak accident indeed.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don’t view them as related at all. I used to prior to KH3, but not in a relative way but more like weird clones.

They are all made up of different components of Sora or Kairi or Ven and whatever combo therein.

Roxas was Sora’s Nobody who looked like Ventus because Ven’s heart stayed dormant in Sora’s body when Sora became a Heartless. Roxas loses the memories of Sora because Sora regains his sense of self thanks to Kairi. This makes him a special Nobody.

Namine is another sort of special Nobody, though barely even considered as such because of how she was made. Because Kairi’s heart had no Darkness, she never formed a Nobody initially. It was only when Kairi’s heart left Sora’s body that it used it as an intermediary of sorts and formed Namine. That established the connection Namine has to Sora’s memories and the memories of those connected to Sora.

Xion is not a traditional Nobody nor would I even consider her a special Nobody because she is a Replica. She was created from a copy of Sora’s memories and looks like Kairi because they were the strongest memories present. She absorbs memories from Roxas and Sora and can mirror the look of the people Sora is connected to (i.e. Ven, Riku).

Due to these varying differences in their creation, they are barely related to each other except for their association to Sora and Kairi. And now that they have all developed their own hearts, those associations to Sora and Kairi (and Ven) matter little as they are their own fully-realized people.

I’m sure they are all still connected to Sora and Kairi (and Ven) in their own metaphorical heart way because once you spend time in somebody’s heart, there is always that link, but it isn’t the way it was before. They needed Sora and Kairi before. Sora sheltered Roxas and Xion’s hearts and Kairi housed Namine’s, and that eventually allowed them to be reborn rather than just fade away.

It would be like asking if Riku and Terra and Ansem SoD are all related. They aren’t. It’s just a metaphysical bond and a bunch of body snatching stuff linking them together.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
It’s complicated, let’s leave it at that.

I’d like to correct a few things though. First, genetic information can be transmitted into data, but to what degree is unknown; part of the information in the Garden of Assemblage is actually a RNA sequence. You can theoretically transfer a being’s data in a replica body, something Ienzo was trying to do. Second,
In my mind, it's like... Namine and Roxas are half-siblings and Namine and Xion are half-siblings, but Roxas and Xion are not related.
Ha?

Someone remind me, where was it hinted that Ava is sleeping in Kairi and is the foundation for Naminé’s existence? All I know is that she disappeared during the final battle of the first Keyblade War, and never showed up to Luxu’s summons. While a fun theory I’ve read floating around, I haven’t seen any credence to it.

Awards
I mean, if you wanna liken it to real life then sure. Roxas is Sora and Ventus' son, Xion is Sora and Roxas' daughter, and Namine is Sora and Kairi's daughter. But this is KH, so how things would be defined in real life don't really apply here.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd say Roxas and Namine are half siblings more than Xion and Roxas.

Back