• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sorarocks93

Awards
That scene is a continuation of the final scene from Back Cover, so it's before the events of χ[chi].
Which means that's Luxu's original face.

as was pointed out in a reply above, that scene is the aftermath of the KBW at the end of back cover. That is Luxu's original face.
Hmm, but then why does Brain look like him?
I can't make heads or tail out of this. Hopefully one the subs are up it'll become clearer.

right now it almost looks like Xehanort might be Skulds and Ephimirs kid...?
If that's the case, then that means that Skuld can't be Subject X? Unless, she traveled further into the future than Ephemer, then Ephemer also did after (doesn't really make sense since Daybreak Town was completely destroyed from what we see, and that probably means the pods were destroyed too) and saved her and went back in time with her. Except you can't travel back in time. Right?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Kingdom Hearts fans in 2014 "We're going to see Xehanort and 'The Reincarnation Theory' in X".

Nomura.
dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg

Katsagu

Awards
Me trying not to look at what happens in the finale while also seeing the incredible reaction ITT.

This sounds just incredible. If this is as great as many people here say, I really hope a full blown remake happens that can make this justice.

kristi-swat

Awards
Hmm, but then why does Brain look like him?

If that's the case, then that means that Skuld can't be Subject X? Unless, she traveled further into the future than Ephemer, then Ephemer also did after (doesn't really make sense since Daybreak Town was completely destroyed from what we see, and that probably means the pods were destroyed too) and saved her and went back in time with her. Except you can't travel back in time. Right?
That is also what I'm wondering. Judging by their conversation, it doesn't seem that Luxu knows or has any recollection of who Brain his, nor does it strike him as odd that both have the same face.

You can travel to the past, that's how robbed Xehanort went to YX on Destiny Islands, but I don't think that's the case here.

Katsagu

Awards
It's so weird to be able to finally, officially say that, aside from Dark Road, we know the pieces of the puzzle for the next mainline Kingdom Hearts games. Union X, Re Mind, and MoM have set up where we are going and it's awesome.

On a sidenote, it's clear KH has a series learned nothing about splitting story through multiple games.

If anything it's kinda worse now. Since the setup is done on a DLC, Rhythm game and mobile game that will stop being a game.

And I'm here for it all.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Once again reminding everyone that spoiler tags are not necessary in UXDR threads.

Sorarocks93

Awards
That is also what I'm wondering. Judging by their conversation, it doesn't seem that Luxu knows or has any recollection of who Brain his, nor does it strike him as odd that both have the same face.

You can travel to the past, that's how robbed Xehanort went to YX on Destiny Islands, but I don't think that's the case here.
Ah sorry, I meant to say you can't travel to the past as you were, because if Ephemer went to the future to get Skuld back, he would have to lose his body, and I don't see how he'd build Scala like that, not to mention Skuld would also have to do that.

Anyway, this is all under the assumption that Skuld is Xehanort's mother because that woman looked like her (it's probably Nomura trying to throw us off)

At the same time, Subject X could be someone totally different. I'm not getting my hopes up for the translation to clear things up tbh. And if it doesn't, we'll just have to wait a few years I guess.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Once again reminding everyone that spoiler tags are not necessary in UXDR threads.
Well with the subbed version not being up yet, i felt like it be better to spoiler tag stuff until a version more people would watch is up.

LoneFox

Awards
Does anyone here know enough Japanese to translate what Luxu says just before the face reveal? When I went out, the first idea that came to my mind was, it has to be "I tried to warn them, but it all happened just the way I remembered it". Is it anything like that?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Does anyone here know enough Japanese to translate what Luxu says just before the face reveal? When I went out, the first idea that came to my mind was, it has to be "I tried to warn them, but it all happened just the way I remembered it". Is it anything like that?
Are you sure you're not talking about another line? Because he just says "May your heart be your guiding key" before lifting the hood.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
That was a relatively okay finale. My only complaints from beginning to end are:
  • We did not see the titular weapon at all.
  • We didn’t see Nightmare Chirithy again.
  • The “war” was incredibly underwhelming in flash.
  • We saw Daybreak Town end. We didn’t see the other worlds end. For a world-splitting war that destroyed and fractured existence it’s very blah.
  • Do we even finally get a name drop on who the traitor is? We already know who it is, but I kind of expected an explicit mention.
  • (more to come)

LoneFox

Awards
Are you sure you're not talking about another line? Because he just says "May your heart be your guiding key" before lifting the hood.
Thank you! It's a missed opportunity then...
For those of you who didn't recognize that quote, it is from an equally shocking face reveal scene in Babylon 5 episode Babylon Squared.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thank you! It's a missed opportunity then...
For those of you who didn't recognize that quote, it is from an equally shocking face reveal scene in Babylon 5 episode Babylon Squared.
That's me. I didn't recognize the quote xD

Back