• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Predictions for the next Kingdom Hearts Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've often wished there would be LEGO games for Disney films, even if they had to package several into one game to fill it with enough content (like, say, TLM, Aladdin, and B&TB all in one game with separate levels). I never really thought of it happening via a Lego KH.

That said, I lean towards the doubt side of it ever happening for KH (Disney solo on the other hand...). They only make LEGO games for big properties. KH isn't on the same level as LOTR, Star Wars, HP, Batman, etc. or POTC even.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I've often wished there would be LEGO games for Disney films, even if they had to package several into one game to fill it with enough content (like, say, TLM, Aladdin, and B&TB all in one game with separate levels). I never really thought of it happening via a Lego KH.

That said, I lean towards the doubt side of it ever happening for KH (Disney solo on the other hand...). They only make LEGO games for big properties. KH isn't on the same level as LOTR, Star Wars, HP, Batman, etc. or POTC even.
Lego KH could be piggy backing off of the future D+ show. Theoretically speaking.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wasn’t serious lol, just making a little joke based on how outlandish it would be (though I would be 100% down for it). Sorry, using the word “truth” wasn’t the best choice.

redcrown

Awards
KH Mario Party/Command Board game, with all the characters and worlds.

I would take even a generic KH racing game over a Lego KH game, I'm just not a fan of everything and everyone being brick shaped.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I do kinda wonder about if a Dissidia KH or other KH fighting might be a possibility.

-Dissidia was originally a tie-in for FF's 20th, so doing a similar thing for KH's makes sense.

-Disney supposedly lighting up on how their IPs are used in gaming going forward. Remains to be seen of course but there does exist mobile games where Disney heroes can fight each other.

-Dissidia NT has been discontinued. Which could mean the NT devs (both at SE and Team Ninja) are being moved to new projects.

-Dissidia's basically dead as a series at this point but I don't think a KH fighter would use the name much like how we got MoM instead of Theatrythm KH.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Now that we're out of the first saga, I don't think it would be that weird if they made a bunch of spin-offs like these in-between main titles. A racing game, as long as the controls are better than that horrible Disney Town mini-game (but I think it's safe to say they could manage it now going by the Arendelle sledding game). Dissidia. And I know I'm a party of one, but I'd still love a Command Board game where you had a board for nearly every world in the series--including the original ones. I'm betting we'll get a MoM "Final Mix" (Curtain Call) in a few years, probably as part of a 3.5 ReMIX release for PS5--and perhaps a MoM II at the end of the second saga as well.

I think the only kink that would hold back a racing game or a fighting game for KH is that there are a lot of original characters now who fans would like to have as choices to race / fight with. How to balance out that huge list of original characters with the likewise large list of Disney characters I'd like to see as options in games like those? Of course, the fact that we're now at PS5, we're getting almost to the point of there being few limits when it comes to technology, so they could probably fit double the amount of characters you see in Final Fantasy Dissidia, for example, into a PS5 game.

shadowfan1234

Awards
It better have some Square Enix worlds like idk NieR or Final Fantasy, also still surprised they haven't done star wars yet.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think the only kink that would hold back a racing game or a fighting game for KH is that there are a lot of original characters now who fans would like to have as choices to race / fight with. How to balance out that huge list of original characters with the likewise large list of Disney characters I'd like to see as options in games like those? Of course, the fact that we're now at PS5, we're getting almost to the point of there being few limits when it comes to technology, so they could probably fit double the amount of characters you see in Final Fantasy Dissidia, for example, into a PS5 game.
Storage wasn't the issue for Dissidia, it takes time to make that many characters. NT ended years after it's launch and still didn't have everyone from 012.

Somnus cealum

Awards
i think the game would be a khux remake, a verum rex game about yozora's past, or a story game about riku in quadratum and kairi training.

my game theories:

khux + dr remake: no more turn based. you can attack anyway you want(a jrpg) and medals are special attacks that takes gauge. dr combat will be like com but better and more free.
i think dr could be unlocked after beating ux. or both unlocked. which ever way could be good.

Verum rex: you play as yozora and his friends and there trying to save _____( i think her name might be stella) and the combat and interactive is like ff15 but yozora and friends can transform their weapons into other weapons.

next story game: kairi will train with aqua going through new and some old worlds(disney, pixar, and hopefully star wars and fox century). roxas, axel, xion, isa, namine (and maybe the twilight town gang) will go find subject x (maybe skuld) and save her. mickey in scala ad caelum looking for more clues about sora and what is to come next. riku will venture through quadratum and maybe some square enix worlds like drakengard, balan wonderland, nier automata, and tomb raider.

@Willow A113 what do you think?

Willow A113

Awards
i think the game would be a khux remake, a verum rex game about yozora's past, or a story game about riku in quadratum and kairi training.

my game theories:

khux + dr remake: no more turn based. you can attack anyway you want(a jrpg) and medals are special attacks that takes gauge. dr combat will be like com but better and more free.
i think dr could be unlocked after beating ux. or both unlocked. which ever way could be good.

Verum rex: you play as yozora and his friends and there trying to save _____( i think her name might be stella) and the combat and interactive is like ff15 but yozora and friends can transform their weapons into other weapons.

next story game: kairi will train with aqua going through new and some old worlds(disney, pixar, and hopefully star wars and fox century). roxas, axel, xion, isa, namine (and maybe the twilight town gang) will go find subject x (maybe skuld) and save her. mickey in scala ad caelum looking for more clues about sora and what is to come next. riku will venture through quadratum and maybe some square enix worlds like drakengard, balan wonderland, nier automata, and tomb raider.

@Willow A113 what do you think?
I definitely agree it has to be one of those games.

Awards
Licensing problems?
No.

The world of Nier has gone through some bad shit cuz of something from another universe, and the same thing nearly happened to FF14's world with the YoRHa Dark Apocalypse event.

If a Nier world were to happen in KH, we'd have a multiversal calamity on our hands.

We'd be better off with just having Emil show up as a travelling shop.

also im pretty sure yoko taro doesn't like disney

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wasn't Nier this whole constantly depressing apocalyptic stuff which makes Neon Genesis Evangelion look like a walk in the part and is like way way more on the cynic side of things than KH would ever allow?

Like, you'd have to make a very sharp turn with KH's overall themes and outlook if you want to justify such a bleak setting with constant unhappiness and tragedy being there and imho none of the KH characters would be mentally equipped enough to deal with it.
I read it is somehow connected to the Drakengard series and while I only ever actively played the second one of that series that one was already quite non-fitting with KH themes and setting wise.

Awards
Wasn't Nier this whole constantly depressing apocalyptic stuff which makes Neon Genesis Evangelion look like a walk in the part and is like way way more on the cynic side of things than KH would ever allow?

Like, you'd have to make a very sharp turn with KH's overall themes and outlook if you want to justify such a bleak setting with constant unhappiness and tragedy being there and imho none of the KH characters would be mentally equipped enough to deal with it.
I read it is somehow connected to the Drakengard series and while I only ever actively played the second one of that series that one was already quite non-fitting with KH themes and setting wise.
Yes. There are sparks of hope but in general Nier is basically cynical and depressing.

Like, the whole catalyst for the series was all thanks to Ending E of Drakengard, which led to the near-extinction of humanity. So Nier isn't just connected to Drakengard, it's essentially a sequel series.

If I were to make a comparison, the worlds of Nier and Drakengard are like Earth-2419 and Earth Z from the Marvel multiverse. And the latter two needed to be locked in a time loop because of how bad things got.

Danrye001

Awards
No.

The world of Nier has gone through some bad shit cuz of something from another universe, and the same thing nearly happened to FF14's world with the YoRHa Dark Apocalypse event.

If a Nier world were to happen in KH, we'd have a multiversal calamity on our hands.

We'd be better off with just having Emil show up as a travelling shop.

also im pretty sure yoko taro doesn't like disney
Oh.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I do kinda wonder about if a Dissidia KH or other KH fighting might be a possibility.

-Dissidia was originally a tie-in for FF's 20th, so doing a similar thing for KH's makes sense.

-Disney supposedly lighting up on how their IPs are used in gaming going forward. Remains to be seen of course but there does exist mobile games where Disney heroes can fight each other.

-Dissidia NT has been discontinued. Which could mean the NT devs (both at SE and Team Ninja) are being moved to new projects.

-Dissidia's basically dead as a series at this point but I don't think a KH fighter would use the name much like how we got MoM instead of Theatrythm KH.
Self-quoting here but there's a new rumor floating that Team Ninja is making a FF spin-off to be revealed at E3. If that's the case, then that's probably where the NT team went.

Back