• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I want instant world travel so bad now (AKA KH on PS5 speculation)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So a 15 minute video on the new Ratchet & Clank game for PS5 came out today & Man does that game look good! & there is 1 facet of the game in particular that stands out: the near instantaneous loading of worlds that is utterly impossible on a PS4 or older hardware:

(The change actually happens so fast you can see parts of the next environment pop in just before the flash that's suppose to obscure it)

& in the earlier trailers, there's a whole string of world hopping going on (@6:30 mark):

This has me wondering about how the same could happen in the next KH, what if the player could open a dark portal at will & literally walk into a another world? One second you're in Twilight Town & the next you're in Zootopia & Sora's model changed to an an anthropomorphic lion but then you turn around & walk back & he's human in TT again?

& then I got to thinking about actual gameplay applications this could bring beyond "merely" a cooler looking means of world travel. For example Sora needs to get from Point A to Point B in one world but there's a massive impassable canyon in the way. So Sora hops through a portal to another world that has a bridge, crosses to the other side of said bridge, jumps into another portal, & is now on the opposite side of the canyon. Another idea that came to mind was a very cold snowy world that has a constant meter of how long Sora can stay in that world until he freezes to death & has to warm back up in other worlds?

& then the battles, oh lord the bosses we'll see. Chasing Demon Tide through like 5 different iconic Disney setpieces, A Luxu fight where the terrain shifting is more dynamic, & hell, we're definitely getting an upgraded version of the Xion Days fight with a new adversary:

(That's what we got on DS, what'll PS5/XSX bring?)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I want it too. Fighting bosses across multiple disney worlds instantly would be a dream. No more Gummi Ship too, just instant travel.

Square Enix has so much to play with if they can do it. I’m so excited.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Just thinking about those corridors of light from Union X. Those could be greatly utilised to move from world to world.

And yeah, the lich fight definitely felt a bit contained and restricted and I’m sure Nomura absolutely would have used near instant loading for that fight if the PS4/Xbox could have properly done that.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Interesting idea. While I like the Gummi Ship and the missions attached to it I would love to experience instant world transportation. Feels like a natural progression for Phase 2

Maybe in the boss fights we could have the the allies from the different worlds help out in different stages

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm an odd one, so the first thing that comes to my mind is getting rid of the hologram-Moogle shops in every world and designating a true hub world for shops, once again. If travel can eventually become instantaneous, we lose almost no convenience by having a single world for shopping/synthing. What we regain is our cozy Traverse Town homebase vibes.

Awards
This would be awesome. Hopefully Nomura's ambitions for KH are higher on PS5 than they were on PS4. KH3 sadly didn't take full advantage of the available technology. Maybe KH4 will though.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm an odd one, so the first thing that comes to my mind is getting rid of the hologram-Moogle shops in every world and designating a true hub world for shops, once again. If travel can eventually become instantaneous, we lose almost no convenience by having a single world for shopping/synthing. What we regain is our cozy Traverse Town homebase vibes.
"Now you're thinking with portals!"

(I don't seem to have a like button that I can click btw, where is it?)

SweetYetSalty

Awards
That's actually a really cool idea. If they start using Corridors of Light to travel and being able to fight world to world. There are so many situations that could be done with that including boss fights that warp worlds. I hope they use that for future KH games. Even Gummi Phones would become redundant as characters can just warp to where they wanna go easy. I imagine if Yen Sid ever used that kind of power he'd bring his entire chair with him.

Edit: I always wondered why the Organization never used the Corridors of Darkness in combat? They would all be seriously OP if they fought Sora, trick him into lunging into a portal and then leaving him stranded wherever they want. COD users need to use that more.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
That's actually a really cool idea. If they start using Corridors of Light to travel and being able to fight world to world. There are so many situations that could be done with that including boss fights that warp worlds. I hope they use that for future KH games. Even Gummi Phones would become redundant as characters can just warp to where they wanna go easy. I imagine if Yen Sid ever used that kind of power he'd bring his entire chair with him.

Edit: I always wondered why the Organization never used the Corridors of Darkness in combat? They would all be seriously OP if they fought Sora, trick him into lunging into a portal and then leaving him stranded wherever they want. COD users need to use that more.
Because it's a bitch move. When you get down to it, everyone in the Organization wants to be cool and beat the tar out of Sora with their own strength.

Awards
Because it's a bitch move. When you get down to it, everyone in the Organization wants to be cool and beat the tar out of Sora with their own strength.
That and attacking with the corridors like a teleport attack would be slow due to how it takes a few seconds for them to form.

And of course tricking Sora into one would be slow too since he'd notice one forming.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
The future does look bright for Kingdom Hearts. Not only the possibilities that PS5 offers, but they also shouldn't lose years of development because of engine problems if they keep using Unreal Engine, which they most likely will.

Back