• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

disney233

Awards
Not sure if this counts as a nitpick, but:

My ranking of KH themes so far:

1. Sanctuary
2. Simple and Clean
3. Don't Think Twice
11. Face My Fears (this song should not exist, but that's just me).
My opinion of Face My Fears is the same opinion for the opening versions of Simple & Clean, and Sanctuary. I never liked any of them. Especially compared to their ending versions and Don't Think Twice.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The novels didn’t see it that way.

In the KH2 novel, it’s revealed the trio stopped off in Hollow Bastion again after closing the door, which was when the Xemnas fight happened.
Pretty sure it was in the first Novel and it happened upon their second visit to Hollow Bastion, when they went to seal the keyhole.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Pretty sure it was in the first Novel and it happened upon their second visit to Hollow Bastion, when they went to seal the keyhole.

It is indeed presented in the "Roxas - Seven Days"-part of the first KH 2 novel, but it explicitly states it happens after SDG seal the keyhole, so it is a flashback, it doesn't actually happen after the end of KH 1.

No, it was at the beginning of the KH2 novel.
Correct, but it is a flashback to the time right after they sealed the keyhole in KH 1.
If it would have been directly after the end of KH 1 it would contradict both KH 1 and 2 because of the fact that it was stated travel between different worlds would no longer be possible once the door at the end of KH 1 is sealed.
In KH 2 Yen Sid says the same thing and reveals that "new pathways" exist which Sora can open with the Keyblade.

So the world SDG ended up in after the finale of KH 1 must have been the periphery of Land of Departure in-universe.
Meta-wise of course nothing was already decided by the time these scenes were made and the grassland and roads were just used as a general backdrop for Pluto to present that letter.

WaltK

Awards
The way each games credits lists the Disney cast is so dumb. The way they do it in KH3 is especially nonsensical; they list all the cast in alphabetical order without saying who played who, and then... they immediately go on to list all the individual voiced Disney characters by world.

Okay, so, you went to the trouble of typing up a list of all the Disney characters that had dialogue. And you didn’t feel it necessary to match each character with their credited voice actor because...??

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
The way each games credits lists the Disney cast is so dumb. The way they do it in KH3 is especially nonsensical; they list all the cast in alphabetical order without saying who played who, and then... they immediately go on to list all the individual voiced Disney characters by world.

Okay, so, you went to the trouble of typing up a list of all the Disney characters that had dialogue. And you didn’t feel it necessary to match each character with their credited voice actor because...??
BeCAUSE THE dIsNeY mAGIC mUST BE P r E S E R V E D! THE CHILDREN WILL CRY IF THEIR CHILDHOOD CHARACTERS ARE VOICED BY REAL PEOPLE!

Guernsey

Awards
There was one observation made a user I know from another forum. BBS, DDD, Union, Re:Coded and KH3 were building towards something that hasn't been completed yet. KH1, CoM and KH2 is more or less a complete arc while Days supplements the KH2 game.

Barrett

Awards
There was one observation made a user I know from another forum. BBS, DDD, Union, Re:Coded and KH3 were building towards something that hasn't been completed yet. KH1, CoM and KH2 is more or less a complete arc while Days supplements the KH2 game.
That's actually something I've been thinking about for a long while now. The way the entire story of KH has been set up so far really is like an onion where there are layers and layers the deeper you get into it from the start and that each layer can be considered its own sub-arc. The HD compilations almost mirror that, except I would switch Days in 1.5 and KH2 in 2.5 with each other.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
BBS, DDD & Re:Coded definitely felt like a lead up to KH3. But then throw the X stuff into the mix and stuff starts to get muddled. I honestly thought stuff that showed up in the Back Cover would get resolved in KH3, especially that Black Box. And then Union Cross comes along.😑

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I totally thought the Black Box and the Foretellers were going to be relevant to KH3... I mean, why even introduce those concepts prior to the end of the saga if they have nothing to do with the saga? The way this series is run is completely bonkers.

AegisXIII

Awards
Now that Union Cross is going offline, the keyblade graveyard easter egg with the pseudo of the players in the reaction commands will be out of context.

Guernsey

Awards
I cannot believe that it took this long to get Kingdom hearts to a new game engine. The old Engine was okay but I think it has reached its limit with Dream Drop distance.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
In the Days movie Xion asks Namine who she really is and Namine response is:

” Your not Sora, your not Roxas, your Kairi as Sora remembers her”

So why exactly does Sora remember Kairi with black hair instead of red hair

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

I think the black hair might because of mild distortion from being a mix of different memories and data or the first signs of her independance.
Or like with Roxas' blond hair it could be a sign of some outside influence.

AegisXIII

Awards

Sora is colorblind. This fact has been heavily implied during the series. Remember he thought yuffie was kairi in KH1 after he wakes up in traverse town.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Sora is colorblind. This fact has been heavily implied during the series. Remember he thought yuffie was kairi in KH1 after he wakes up in traverse town.
Come now! Sora obviously remembers Kairi's edgy rebellious days where she dyed it black. It's Sora's strongest memory of Kairi. But yeah, there could be a outside influence. That's a theory with the clone characters with different hair color. I mean it's a fair thing considering Roxas and Ven look identical perfectly.

AegisXIII

Awards
Come now! Sora obviously remembers Kairi's edgy rebellious days where she dyed it black. It's Sora's strongest memory of Kairi. But yeah, there could be a outside influence. That's a theory with the clone characters with different hair color. I mean it's a fair thing considering Roxas and Ven look identical perfectly.
Not to mention that Sora remembers Kairi as being a freaking giant compared to him.

1621349697470.png

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Not to mention that Sora remembers Kairi as being a freaking giant compared to him.

View attachment 13915
Sora's just not that into redheads. Xion is more his personal fantasy of Kairi than IRL Kairi.
Sora was given free reign to shape Kairi more to his liking here. Where dreams met memory. It's why when they reunite in KH2, he wasn't that thrilled to see her. It was real Kairi, not his fantasy version. And the confusion from all the memory transfer didn't allow him to dance with his fantasy version in his Halloween Town day-dream. Had to settle on real KH1 Kairi. It's all starting to make sense.

Back