• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

disney233

Awards
I think the idea behind them being absent from Port Royal and The Caribbean is that they're designed after the classic Disney buccaneer that you might find on captain hook's ship, with the skull pauldron being a clear nod to Skull Rock. Pirates from the PoTC franchise are more... sophisticated in terms of design, with the majority of them wearing complex outfits with more flowing garments that move with the wind.
Ok, but what's their excuse?
f0b45758fbdc868e8fa924a606d048ae.jpg

Soldier

Awards
Ok, but what's their excuse?
View attachment 13797
Port Royal was lacking in the aerial enemy department, and the mage heartless wouldn't fit with the world, so they reused the old air pirate to fill the void. Also, they were better utilized in II as they were given a reaction command, which the normal heartless pirates likely wouldn't be able to provide.

Guernsey

Awards
BbS is supposed to be a “numbered” title in everything but name. Ergo, it should have had its own theme like KH1 and 2 before it.

I agree with this. It always irked me thaty BBS didn't have own theme and it also applies to Days.

Willow A113

Awards
BbS is supposed to be a “numbered” title in everything but name. Ergo, it should have had its own theme like KH1 and 2 before it.
I agree. It's especially weird that 0.2 had its own remix of Simple and Clean yet BbS stuck with the same old version we've heard in 3 games before it!
But I don't think BbS should've had even a new remix. A new Utada song should've been its theme. "Distance" works very well.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I agree with this. It always irked me thaty BBS didn't have own theme and it also applies to Days.
I'm more okay with Days reusing Sanctuary, seeing I kind of associate that song with Roxas anyways. But BBS featured a whole new cast and was basically a less polished Kingdom Hearts 0. In away the lack of it's own theme adds to the not quite a numbered game status.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That would make sense and sound kind of familiar. Wasn't Utada also somewhat stepping back from making music at that time?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That would make sense and sound kind of familiar. Wasn't Utada also somewhat stepping back from making music at that time?
Yeah, she was on hiatus. They did reach out and ask her anyways, but it didn't work out.

NEOFuddyDuddy

Awards
Not sure if this counts as a nitpick, but:

My ranking of KH themes so far:

1. Sanctuary
2. Simple and Clean
3. Don't Think Twice
11. Face My Fears (this song should not exist, but that's just me).

But on the account of an ACTUAL nitpick, the Jungle Slider minigame from KH1 is ridiculously tedious. It's one thing having to do it multiple times, it's a whole other level of aggravation when I have to pick up EVERY fruit each trip I make. I'm seriously contemplating leaving this minigame til I finish the game lol.

AegisXIII

Awards
Not sure if this counts as a nitpick, but:

My ranking of KH themes so far:

1. Sanctuary
2. Simple and Clean
3. Don't Think Twice
11. Face My Fears (this song should not exist, but that's just me).

But on the account of an ACTUAL nitpick, the Jungle Slider minigame from KH1 is ridiculously tedious. It's one thing having to do it multiple times, it's a whole other level of aggravation when I have to pick up EVERY fruit each trip I make. I'm seriously contemplating leaving this minigame til I finish the game lol.
i do not like Face My Fears either. Took me 2 years to admit it.

WaltK

Awards
I don’t think it’s ever explained what exactly led SDG to Castle Oblivion. Or more specifically, the world in which it’s located.

Is that large field in the KH1 epilogue and CoM’s opening a part of that world? Was it there when CO was still Land of Departure? And how/why did SDG go there to begin with? Did they just find what they assumed to be an empty world that they wanted to take a breather in?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Honestly I never really questioned it. It was a new world for a new adventure and a potential place that Riku and Mickey might’ve ended up.

Though looking at it now, I could see it potentially as either part of Land of Departure or another variation of the lanes between worlds.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm thinking along similar lanes to KudoTsurugi. I assume it's part of the Lands of Departure. Sora and Co. most likely ended up there because it's the world between the two realms, orat least that's my head canon.

Guernsey

Awards
I always assumed that Sora , Donald and Goofy went the door to find Riku and they just ended up there due to coincidence.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I always assumed that Sora , Donald and Goofy went the door to find Riku and they just ended up there due to coincidence.
The door itself disappeared after Mickey and Sora sealed it on both sides. The only thing left was the path they were standing on, and it was that same path that led them to Castle Oblivion

WaltK

Awards
The door itself disappeared after Mickey and Sora sealed it on both sides. The only thing left was the path they were standing on, and it was that same path that led them to Castle Oblivion
The novels didn’t see it that way.

In the KH2 novel, it’s revealed the trio stopped off in Hollow Bastion again after closing the door, which was when the Xemnas fight happened.

Back