• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think we will ever get a 358/2 Days remake?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
There could be no new line for this potential remake. Text bubbles and the days movie is enough.
It's less about giving him more work but more allowing him to continue to benefit from this series and tarnish the character's legacy after doing what he did.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
A good compromise would be to recreate every scene from Days and make it a proper film/show that could be added to future rereleases of the remasters. No need to spend the time and effort on creating an entire game, even if they have most of the assets made.
This is a good compromise, the thing is I'm greedy. I want to actually play the game with good mechanics and better graphics then a DS. I want a playable Roxas that I can customize to my liking and play as him through the game made for him. I don't want to just watch all the scenes, even though they are the main highlight of Days. I want to play through them too. I want my stick mission with the Bully Dog! I want my exploring Cave of Wonders mission! I want my Wonderland missions with Luxord banter! I want to eliminate the Artful Flyers with Demyx! I want added material like scenarios with Axel, Xion, Xigbar, and other members. I want that Pinocchio world that was scraped! I want my four stage Xion boss in all its Ragnarok spamming glory! As a fan of this game I want a remake that does it justice, in characters, story, and gameplay. But again I'm a unapologetic greedy Days fan lol.

Do I think they'll ever remake this game? No. It wouldn't benefit phase 2. Even though I prefer Days in every way possible, the Union Cross remake makes the most sense just so people know what is going on for the future. I hate it but it's the better business move.

AegisXIII

Awards
This is a good compromise, the thing is I'm greedy. I want to actually play the game with good mechanics and better graphics then a DS. I want a playable Roxas that I can customize to my liking and play as him through the game made for him. I don't want to just watch all the scenes, even though they are the main highlight of Days. I want to play through them too. I want my stick mission with the Bully Dog! I want my exploring Cave of Wonders mission! I want my Wonderland missions with Luxord banter! I want to eliminate the Artful Flyers with Demyx! I want added material like scenarios with Axel, Xion, Xigbar, and other members. I want that Pinocchio world that was scraped! I want my four stage Xion boss in all its Ragnarok spamming glory! As a fan of this game I want a remake that does it justice, in characters, story, and gameplay. But again I'm a unapologetic greedy Days fan lol.

Do I think they'll ever remake this game? No. It wouldn't benefit phase 2. Even though I prefer Days in every way possible, the Union Cross remake makes the most sense just so people know what is going on for the future. I hate it but it's the better business move.
They are not mutually exclusive.
I remember a time when they remade chain of memories while working on Birth by sleep and 2final mix at the same time.

With the success of kh3, they probably managed to create many teams.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I remember a time when they remade chain of memories while working on Birth by sleep and 2final mix at the same time.

Trust me, I want a Days remake badly! But I doubt it's one of their projects. Best we can hope for is a new Twilight Town game post KH3. That could still happen.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

There are multiple teams but they already working on major projects compared to what those previous situations were like.

KH2FM was being developed by staff in Tokyo while the Osaka team worked on Re:CoM like a pitch of sorts. It was meant to be proof that they could make a full KH game. BBS was still just in very planning and prototyping at that stage.

Compare that to now where KH is entirely developed by Osaka. While they are gaining a few extra hands from the UX staff coming on board, remember that they are already divided up into multiple projects AND had been working on the PC port of KH (and I theorize they moved right onto a new gen port because at this point they might as well do it)

Not to mention some staff from KH are likely working on NEO TWEWY since many of them were poached from Jupiter all those years ago after making TWEWY lol

After NEO TWEWY, that does free those employees up but I imagine they would jump on the big KH and FF projects.

I just don’t see it fitting in with how these teams are spread out at the moment.

AegisXIII

Awards
There are multiple teams but they already working on major projects compared to what those previous situations were like.

KH2FM was being developed by staff in Tokyo while the Osaka team worked on Re:CoM like a pitch of sorts. It was meant to be proof that they could make a full KH game. BBS was still just in very planning and prototyping at that stage.

Compare that to now where KH is entirely developed by Osaka. While they are gaining a few extra hands from the UX staff coming on board, remember that they are already divided up into multiple projects AND had been working on the PC port of KH (and I theorize they moved right onto a new gen port because at this point they might as well do it)

Not to mention some staff from KH are likely working on NEO TWEWY since many of them were poached from Jupiter all those years ago after making TWEWY lol

After NEO TWEWY, that does free those employees up but I imagine they would jump on the big KH and FF projects.

I just don’t see it fitting in with how these teams are spread out at the moment.
Yeah, I think you are right for the most part. But as you mentioned, they are probably working on next gen versions games, because they might still want to appeal to newcomers. And unless they decided to go down the road of Kh1 remake (which is highly unlikely), I was thinking that a playable days/recoded/chi might be their only choice to justify us to rebuy the compilations on next-gen.

Back