• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are we gonna get a next gen version of KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
I was wondering now that the PC version is out, the PS4 version is not optimized at all for this new hardware. Do you think we are gonna get an upgrade for it? Or is it gonna be like FF7Remake that rebranded its next-gen version under another name?

okhi12

Awards
I don't mind if they do as long as they don't add new KH3 content exclusively for next gen consoles like that Yuffie DLC... but that's unlikely.

I totally think they'll eventually release a free next gen update for those who already have the base game + ReMind in PS4/XBox One as well as releasing a PS5/XB Series version. They could announce it in some event this summer or maybe next year when they drop more info about future KH games.

It's safe to assume they will release ANOTHER KH compilation for PS5/X Box Series/PC.
Kingdom Hearts The Story So Far Up To This Very Moment 4K 120 fps

There will be a Special or Deluxe Edition which includes the games and... a pin. Mark my words.

AegisXIII

Awards
I don't mind if they do as long as they don't add new KH3 content exclusively for next gen consoles like that Yuffie DLC... but that's unlikely.

I totally think they'll eventually release a free next gen update for those who already have the base game + ReMind in PS4/XBox One as well as releasing a PS5/XB Series version. They could announce it in some event this summer or maybe next year when they drop more info about future KH games.

It's safe to assume they will release ANOTHER KH compilation for PS5/X Box Series/PC.

There will be a Special or Deluxe Edition which includes the games and... a pin. Mark my words.
You are wise indeed. I am pretty sure this scenario will happen. 3.5 will be the name.

Vulpes XIII

Awards

Although I would really like a free next gen update I have my doubts about it actually happening since they are going to want people to repurchase the game so they can make more money so I don’t think we’re getting anything for free.

I definitely agree that any Special/ Deluxe edition is going to have a pin lol although hopefully we will get something else cause those KH3 pre-order Yo-Yos were cool

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Although I would really like a free next gen update I have my doubts about it actually happening since they are going to want people to repurchase the game so they can make more money so I don’t think we’re getting anything for free.

I definitely agree that any Special/ Deluxe edition is going to have a pin lol although hopefully we will get something else cause those KH3 pre-order Yo-Yos were cool

They charged full launch price for a barebones port while other studios do full on remasters/remakes for the same sticker value.

We ain't getting an upgrade for free.

NoWay

Awards
Isn’t the FF7R next gen update also free? So I don’t see any reason why KH3 would be any different

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Isn’t the FF7R next gen update also free? So I don’t see any reason why KH3 would be any different
It is, surprisingly enough, unless you redeemed the game through PS+. That version doesn't have the free upgrade path.

In any case, this was pretty unprecedented for SE so everyone is skeptical if they'd do it again for another game.

AegisXIII

Awards
The yuffie dlc is not. So we won't have to buy the whole package again, but probably pay for the upgrade.
FFXV made the same for its royal edition.

NoWay

Awards
It is, surprisingly enough, unless you redeemed the game through PS+. That version doesn't have the free upgrade path.

In any case, this was pretty unprecedented for SE so everyone is skeptical if they'd do it again for another game.

The yuffie dlc is not. So we won't have to buy the whole package again, but probably pay for the upgrade.
FFXV made the same for its royal edition.
I understand.. thank you for your answers! Well then let’s hope for the best. After playing Astro’s Playroom, I really need the PS5 update.

Last edited:
Back