• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime Worlds In The Next Kingdom Hearts Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danrye001

Awards
Final Fantasy and The World Ends With You, I'm okay with it, but characters from Akame Ga Kill, Fullmetal Alchemist, Hatsume Miku, Soul Eater, etc. I dunno, if these animes fit into KH, even though They are Square Enix, but since KH is owned by Disney (since you can see the copyright symbol beside the Disney word in KH) Disney & Square Enix have to manage anime characters from their own video games. Not recklessly put anime characters from other shows, video games and others, as it might cause a mess in the KH storyline.​

Danrye001

Awards
Yes m8! thay have to be really carefull..

But, i still thinking that the best option is to focus into KH original characters and new KH original worlds. They can bring us a very juicy universe if they focus on that way.
But still, keep the Disney Characters.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
There is one, a one-off manga that might just fit in. It's practically KH lite. If KH was made with shounen in mind, this particular piece of work (in both senses of the words) was made with shoujo in mind. Best part is, it's Disney, so it'll definitely be a shoo-in...if it wasn't so uninteresting.

Danrye001

Awards
There is one, a one-off manga that might just fit in. It's practically KH lite. If KH was made with shounen in mind, this particular piece of work (in both senses of the words) was made with shoujo in mind. Best part is, it's Disney, so it'll definitely be a shoo-in...if it wasn't so uninteresting.
What's a shoo-in?

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Thx. And what's the name of the manga?
Kilala Princess. It's very...well it's something. I guess they were trying to capitalize on the popularity of KH, but, you know, more shoujo-esque. Think KH but more rainbows, butterflies, lollipops, and less mindfuckery. Don't take my word for it though, it's popular enough to appeal to other Disney fans.

Last edited:

Danrye001

Awards
But it has to balance between the Disney and Square Enix. We don't want what happened to KH3 when Final Fantasy characters were gone in KH3, including one of the optional hardest boss in KH, Sephiroth, but it's good, but the problem is how is it gonna fit?

Sean Wheeler

Awards
No. Kingdom Hearts would just have worlds for Disney movies and original worlds for the game characters to live. I doubt we would see a Dragon Ball world or Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Ranma 1/2, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, One Piece or any anime not owned by Disney. Disney is an American company, so their movies are not anime. They did partner with Studio Ghibli for the Secret World of Arrietty, but only for the American Dub while the British Dub was done by StudioCanal. So I don't think Arrietty is going to make it into Kingdom Hearts. And the Marvel Anime? If Kingdom Hearts ever does Marvel outside of Big Hero Six, they'd might as well base the characters off the Marvel Cinematic Universe and not some obscure anime that Marvel licensed. So chances of Kingdom Hearts having anime worlds in its games are slim. But a Kingdom Hearts anime series would be cool.

Barrett

Awards
No. Kingdom Hearts would just have worlds for Disney movies and original worlds for the game characters to live. I doubt we would see a Dragon Ball world or Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Ranma 1/2, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, One Piece or any anime not owned by Disney. Disney is an American company, so their movies are not anime. They did partner with Studio Ghibli for the Secret World of Arrietty, but only for the American Dub while the British Dub was done by StudioCanal. So I don't think Arrietty is going to make it into Kingdom Hearts. And the Marvel Anime? If Kingdom Hearts ever does Marvel outside of Big Hero Six, they'd might as well base the characters off the Marvel Cinematic Universe and not some obscure anime that Marvel licensed. So chances of Kingdom Hearts having anime worlds in its games are slim. But a Kingdom Hearts anime series would be cool.
Adding onto this, Disney relinquished the rights to all of their own dubs of Studio Ghibli films to GKIDS who have done the dubs for Studio Ghibli since 2011 (The Wind Rises during 2013 being the exception since Disney got a hold of that but that eventually went to GKIDS as well). Really the only solid connection Disney still has with Studio Ghibli is that the Disney Japan division currently has the home media distribution rights for all their films plus directly related material like the Castle of Cagliostro, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and Mary and the Witch's Flower. And even then, I don't think it's likely.

Totally unrelated, and I know it will never be likely so I'm just having fun with this thought, but uh... Interesting choice of weapon and aesthetics there, Sailor Moon. Kinda reminds me of something...
tumblr_nl9q5dkaAA1tggy4no5_500.gifv

Danrye001

Awards
But FF is anime. Including TWETY.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
FF & TWEWY are game series first, and not all the games have anime spin-offs/adaptations. The only FF anime not based on an existing game to my knowledge is Final Fantasy Unlimited, and the Spirits Within movie(if you stretch the definition). And TWEWY didn’t get an anime until this year.

Danrye001

Awards
FF & TWEWY are game series first, and not all the games have anime spin-offs/adaptations. The only FF anime not based on an existing game to my knowledge is Final Fantasy Unlimited, and the Spirits Within movie(if you stretch the definition). And TWEWY didn’t get an anime until this year.
Okay.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Like KudoTsurugi said, those aren’t anime. Those are games.

It is highly unlikely there will ever be an anime in KH. Even the stuff SE owns is wrapped up in a bunch of legal rights due to licensing and stuff. I don’t think I’d want to see any anime properties in KH anyways...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think of the original characters and the FF characters as like those from an anime--but it's worth pointing out that even FF doesn't get a place in this series anymore. It's 99% likely to say that there definitely will never be any anime characters in KH.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
It wont happen besides even if it did Kingdom Hearts is a Final Fantasy/ Disney crossover add anime into that and it isn’t Kingdom Hearts anymore.

As much as I love anime, I don’t ever want it in Kingdom Hearts. Let’s just keep Kingdom Hearts/anime crossovers as Fanfictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back