• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
Revisiting KH1 and I’m sad that after this, you can only get a decent challenge from these games if you crank it up to Critical. KH1’s Standard is only easy for me now because I’ve played it so many times, and even then, I still have to pay full attention to, say, the first Cloud fight.

WaltK

Awards
Riku being inside Sora’s dreams in DDD explains why only one of them can be awake at a time.

Riku can only be active when he has a dream world to inhabit, which only comes into being when Sora is sleeping. Riku goes to sleep when Sora is awake because the world of Sora’s dream temporarily ceases to exist when he wakes up.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
Riku being inside Sora’s dreams in DDD explains why only one of them can be awake at a time.

Riku can only be active when he has a dream world to inhabit, which only comes into being when Sora is sleeping. And Riku goes to sleep when Sora is awake because the world of Sora’s dream temporarily ceases to exist when he wakes up.
That... actually makes a lot of sense. I doubt Nomura had that explanation when composing the story.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
A weird thought occurred to me recently. Did Aqua and Terra started out with Rainfell and Earthshaker or did they start out with the Starlight like Keyblade their Master and his class used as students. This kind of results in two questions for me:
  • If they started out with the "Starlight", how did they gain their unique ones?
  • If they started out with their unique Keyblades, why did the tradition change?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A weird thought occurred to me recently. Did Aqua and Terra started out with Rainfell and Earthshaker or did they start out with the Starlight like Keyblade their Master and his class used as students. This kind of results in two questions for me:
  • If they started out with the "Starlight", how did they gain their unique ones?
  • If they started out with their unique Keyblades, why did the tradition change?
As to your first question maybe Eraqus had Rainfell and Earthshaker in his position that he planned on passing to his pupils once they got over the basics.

If they always had those keyblades it's possible that Eraqus decided to abandon certain traditions over the years.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Minor question that it’s only now occurring to me to ask:
I’m noticing in KH1 that once D&G get their weapons out for an enemy encounter, they never put them away, even when going into another room.
Whereas in KH2, their weapons disappear automatically when you enter another room.
And then in KH3, their weapons fade away immediately once an enemy fight ends.

I wonder why they make these minor alterations.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I like to think something happened in the past that pushed Eraqus to abandon tradition and do his own thing. Maybe there was some sort of falling out between him and the order or whoever is ruling over Scala.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I like to think something happened in the past that pushed Eraqus to abandon tradition and do his own thing. Maybe there was some sort of falling out between him and the order or whoever is ruling over Scala.
This is kind of what I'm imagining something in DR caused Eraqus to leave Scala and set up shop in the Land of Departure. I mean from the time skip I kind of got the impression there aren't too many people in Scala left by the Time he and Xehanort became masters. Maybe whatever caused the death of his classmates might have led him to abandon the old ways and craft his own path.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Why didn’t Sora or Donald think to cast healing spells on Goofy when he “died”?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Speaking of Scala wonder if that place will look any different when Mickey goes there? It's been quite a few decades so I imagine there could be a few differences

Why didn’t Sora or Donald think to cast healing spells on Goofy when he “died”?
Too overcome with grief I guess. Should of checked for a pulse before jumping to conclusions, lol

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
I wonder exactly what went on in Agrabah before Sora and co arrived in KH1, because at closer inspection, there’s absolutely no way it was 1:1 with the movie up to that point.

Magic carpet is somehow discovered back at Aladdin’s home even though Aladdin hasn’t even left the Cave of Wonders yet, Aladdin is implied to have gone to the Cave of Wonders of his own accord rather than being tricked by Jafar, Aladdin and Jasmin are already on a first name basis, etc.

Willow A113

Awards
I wonder exactly what went on in Agrabah before Sora and co arrived in KH1, because at closer inspection, there’s absolutely no way it was 1:1 with the movie up to that point.

Magic carpet is somehow discovered back at Aladdin’s home even though Aladdin hasn’t even left the Cave of Wonders yet, Aladdin is implied to have gone to the Cave of Wonders of his own accord rather than being tricked by Jafar, Aladdin and Jasmin are already on a first name basis, etc.
Most worlds in kh1 are like this.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Critical Mode in KH2 and 3 (especially the former) makes me sad in that I don't like watching Donald die in one hit every other fight.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Minor question that it’s only now occurring to me to ask:
I’m noticing in KH1 that once D&G get their weapons out for an enemy encounter, they never put them away, even when going into another room.
Whereas in KH2, their weapons disappear automatically when you enter another room.
And then in KH3, their weapons fade away immediately once an enemy fight ends.

I wonder why they make these minor alterations.

Wow nice catch. On a side note, I always thought their weapons had to be physically carried since the game never showed them summoning. Then in BBS(Ven's story) we actually see Donald and Goofy summoning their weapons as if they're magical.

WaltK

Awards
Was it ever, explicitely stated within canon that the seven princesses of heart literally had to all be females?

iirc in BbS, “Princess of Heart” is never used to refer to Snow, Cindy and Aurora, just “hearts of pure light” or something like that, which leads me to believe “Princess of Heart” was coined later on when it became apparent that all seven of them were girls.

And since the original princesses have now apparently “passed down their lights”, is there anything stopping one of the new lights from being male?

Also, why “princesses”? Only four of them were literal royalty at the time (Belle was still mid-way through the events of her movie and thus hadn’t married Beast/the prince yet).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Was it ever, explicitely stated within canon that the seven princesses of heart literally had to all be females?

iirc in BbS, “Princess of Heart” is never used to refer to Snow, Cindy and Aurora, just “hearts of pure light” or something like that, which leads me to believe “Princess of Heart” was coined later on when it became apparent that all seven of them were girls.

And since the original princesses have now apparently “passed down their lights”, is there anything stopping one of the new lights from being male?

Also, why “princesses”? Only four of them were literal royalty at the time (Belle was still mid-way through the events of her movie and thus hadn’t married Beast/the prince yet).
In universe there should be no reason why the new pure hearts can't be male. They're all female due to Nomura deciding they need to be in his interviews. Though it's possible he may change his mind once he decides to introduce the other three.

Willow A113

Awards

Well, I always thought Ven was the one and only prince of heart.

Willow A113

Awards
In universe there should be no reason why the new pure hearts can't be male. They're all female due to Nomura deciding they need to be in his interviews. Though it's possible he may change his mind once he decides to introduce the other three.
Princesses of Heart is just another way of saying "Disney princesses". Disney Princess is a big franchise and Nomura probably created the princess of heart to bring them all together as the franchise does.

kaseykockroach

Awards
They all need to be female because Nomura is scared of women being able to accomplish something.

Back