• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► The Little Mermaid (1992 cartoon)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The Little Mermaid reminds me of the Hercules series. There were a couple of episodes that obviously got a lot of attention (like the Evil Manta's first episode where she sings "In Harmony" or the one where she gets trapped inside the whirlpool because she can't get the bracelet off her wrist and she's afraid to go home), and then there are a lot that look like hot garbage. Pretty much all of third season looks incredibly bad.

I have a lot of nostalgia for this series, memories of my mom waking me up at 6a.m. to see it. That said, I can admit a lot of it's not very good, unlike the awesome Aladdin and Tangled series. It's a shame they never did very much with all her sisters. I did always love the addition of Urchin though and Sebastian's Crab Scouts, lol. My favorite episode was always the one where Ursula sings and turns herself thin for a second. Although the one where she turns herself into Sebastian's Fairy Crabmother still makes me laugh.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Little Mermaid reminds me of the Hercules series. There were a couple of episodes that obviously got a lot of attention (like the Evil Manta's first episode where she sings "In Harmony" or the one where she gets trapped inside the whirlpool because she can't get the bracelet off her wrist and she's afraid to go home), and then there are a lot that look like hot garbage. Pretty much all of third season looks incredibly bad.
It's funny because these are my absolute favorite episodes lol The attention paid to them might be the reason why I love them so much.

I even wanted a charm bracelet exactly like the one Ariel had even if it put her in a world of trouble. I've honestly never even seen a charm bracelet like it, so I've always wondered why the design staff went with a cuff bracelet.

Soldier

Awards
I didn't really watch this show growing up, but I do remember one episode where Ariel revives some dinosaurs that were frozen in ice, and chaos ensues. It has a tyrannosaurus and triceratops chase them, underwater for longer than you'd expect terrestrial creatures to be down there. That has to be one of the most egregious breaches of scientific accuracy Disney has ever committed.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It's funny because these are my absolute favorite episodes lol The attention paid to them might be the reason why I love them so much.

I even wanted a charm bracelet exactly like the one Ariel had even if it put her in a world of trouble. I've honestly never even seen a charm bracelet like it, so I've always wondered why the design staff went with a cuff bracelet.
I thought it was beautiful, too. You could definitely understand how she would be mesmerized by it. And a lot of the imagery at the bottom of the whirlpool was like if Alice in Wonderland was set under the sea.

WaltK

Awards
Random things about this series that I remember:
-There was a young merman called Urchin who Ariel was friends with.
-There was an episode where Ariel meets Scuttle for the first time.
-Eric made a cameo in at least one episode.
-There was an episode where Ariel helps an undersea explorer who turns out to be Hans Christian Anderson.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Since when was RoJ released in theatres?

I tried to look this up, but I see no date for wide release. Maybe select theaters were showing it? I have vivid memories of seeing this at the movies. Is there a glitch in the Matrix?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I saw as much on Wikipedia; however, I am confident I saw it in a theatre. Under what distribution methods the theatre had it I'm not sure. Anyways, whether it was some sort of special screening or not my sentiment remains, as a child, even, I was not impressed. The irony is that now, TLM series looks like some totally hot garbage I'd be willing to veg out to.

Last edited:

Fiddlesticks

Awards
I wonder why Disney has never made a live version of The Little Mermaid. I'd definitely fall in line to watch it in theatre if then every makes one.

Back