• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: "The KH series has entered a preparation phase for what's next"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

In his message announcing the end of service for KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road earlier today, KINGDOM HEARTS series director Tetsuya Nomura also briefly mentioned the future of the series. In his statement, he briefly mentions that the KINGDOM HEARTS series has entered a "preparation phase" for the future, and that this will include the Union χ team.

Once KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ's story is completed, they will be merging with the rest of the KINGDOM HEARTS team to prepare for the upcoming 2nd Phase of the franchise. 

You can read Nomura's full message below thanks to goldpanner:

First, thank you so much for supporting us for so long - over five years now. As stated, we have finished writing the final chapter of KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ, and have decided to draw the story to a close. The story of Dark Road has a little left to go, so please rest assured you will be able to continue to enjoy the offline version to the conclusion.

The KH series has entered a preparation phase for what's coming next. That includes the Union χ team, so once the story is over I will have them merge with the rest of the team.

Personally, I remember how excited I was when I got to see the Unchained χ mobile version final product, and saw how smooth the action looked on a smartphone screen despite being in 2D. That was 6 or 7 years ago now. This series has evolved many times over the years: starting as the browser game χ, then the mobile game Unchained χ, which was updated into Union χ, and then the launch of Dark Road. I feel it's time to move on to something else that will bring a new kind of excitement.

There are only a few months left - I hope you stick with us to the end. Also, if you haven't played it before, I'd love for you to take this opportunity to catch up with us at the finish line. The remaining chapters will be several times larger than usual as they cover some extreme turns. I really hope you enjoy them.

I'm currently arranging a chance to meet you all again soon. I'm really looking forward to it, and I hope you continue to support the KINGDOM HEARTS series. Thank you so much.

KINGDOM HEARTS Series
Director Tetsuya Nomura
Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, NEO: The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awards
I still want a days remake but now I am afraid it might be on mobile.
Sadly this probably will happen, especially considering the announcement of FF7 ever crisis which is essentially a remake of not only the original game, but every single spin-off as well. And of course it's stuck on mobile.

Foxycian

Awards
Well at least they finally admitted that Khx, Unchained X, and Union X are not considered part of phase 2, cause it’s obvious the story is supposed to be like in between the two phases since khx has been around since 2013, back then there was no such thing as phase 1 or 2 yet

But now Union X will end, Now we can truly move on focusing on the next Saga.

Edit: instead of replying to you in a new Comment I’ll just edit and put my answer here,
Dark Road is technically called Union X Dark Road meaning that the Union Cross rebranding is technically part of Phase 2.
Not Quite, putting dark road aside, it’s true that Union X is also seen as part of phase 2 however the kingdom hearts X up all the way to Union X came out during when it was only phase 1 and also in general this game marks the ending of phase 1 and the true start of phase 2, it may be seen as phase 2 just because of all the new characters that will play role in the new saga, but it’s still heavily connected to phase 1 as much as phase 2, but it’s fine if you don’t see it that way I’m not obligated to force you to believe that, so think what you will Dude.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
We knew the end was in sight, but I'm still grateful for this news, tbh. It's been exhausting downloading this and deleting this cyclically over the course of the story updates and trying to push through the power creep. I have some decent memories playing this with friends, but mostly it's become this mind-numbing, repetitive time-suck. The series needs to move on.

WastedPenguin

Awards
Judging by how Nomura said that he won't be the Director of VII Remake Part 2 but the creative director, I think it's safe to say the next title is gonna be a big one on console.
Either a UX remake, a Yozora spin-off or KH4 (most unlikely but, you never know).

Willow A113

Awards
Judging by how Nomura said that he won't be the Director of VII Remake Part 2 but the creative director, I think it's safe to say the next title is gonna be a big one on console.
Either a UX remake, a Yozora spin-off or KH4 (most unlikely but, you never know).
Or a game that takes place in the main universe and current time period that sets up kh4.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well at least they finally admitted that Khx, Unchained X, and Union X are not considered part of phase 2, cause it’s obvious the story is supposed to be like in between the two phases since khx has been around since 2013, back then there was no such thing as phase 1 or 2 yet

But now Union X will end, Now we can truly move on focusing on the next Saga.
Dark Road is technically called Union X Dark Road meaning that the Union Cross rebranding is technically part of Phase 2.

NoWay

Awards
Why didn’t they give us a MMORPG version of X/ Unchained X/ Union X. That would have been so epic

Cumguardian69

Awards
Why didn’t they give us a MMORPG version of X/ Unchained X/ Union X. That would have been so epic
Technical hurdles + classic SE mismanagement + Disney meddling.

It took them forever to get XIV where it is, can you imagine how long it would take for a KHMMO to get off the ground?

NoWay

Awards
Technical hurdles + classic SE mismanagement + Disney meddling.

It took them forever to get XIV where it is, can you imagine how long it would take for a KHMMO to get off the ground?
Well tbh I didn’t consider that. I only thought about the current version of XIV and completely forgot about the mess it was a couple of years ago.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well tbh I didn’t consider that. I only thought about the current version of XIV and completely forgot about the mess it was a couple of years ago.
MMOs also require hundreds more staff and multiple times the budget of a mobile game to develop and maintain. They don't exactly have all that lying around somewhere.

Back