• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Legend of Zelda | Breath of the Wild

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well, with HWAOC being announced, I'm not getting KHMOM til probably December. I didn't know Nintendo was hiding a pocket money-nuke! holy balls
I mean, they had to have something for holidays. A HW sequel was always the sort of obvious mid-budget rainy day game they could bust out at any time. They may have been sitting on it for longer than we know.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It is surprising (& a bit disappointing) that it's only BOTW-era.
I'm not disappointed, but I'm asking myself just how long of a stretch can the story be? I presume Each Champion will have its adequate amount of time in the spotlight, meaning this game will focus more on the developement of each and every character (Link, Zelda, Mipha, Daruk, Rufo guy and Urbosa).

There's so many characters that didn't make it into HW1 that I was hoping for: Saria, Malon, Nabooru, Groose, Twinrova, Vaati, Demise, Linebeck, Majora's Wrath.
Either leave them for Hyrule Warriors 2 or expect them next year because it's Zelda's 35th anniversary. I'm sure this game will have DLC.

would we even get Sidon as playable?
Technically, Sidon is a child in this timeline, but I presume they can make him playable in a non canon way via, again DLC.

By the way, guys: remember this was just an introduction trailer, we'll get more info on TGS and the game releases in about two months. We don't know everything yet.

I didn't know Nintendo was hiding a pocket money-nuke! holy balls
This seems to be their big Holiday video game, meaning that perhaps next

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not disappointed, but I'm asking myself just how long of a stretch can the story be? I presume Each Champion will have its adequate amount of time in the spotlight, meaning this game will focus more on the developement of each and every character (Link, Zelda, Mipha, Daruk, Rufo guy and Urbosa).

I'm suspecting there'll be foreshadowing/set-up for BotW2 that'll make up a significant chunk of the story. Additionally:

HW_Lead.jpg

The Champions seem to have gotten themselves their very own pet baby guardian. It'll probably be playable & die its own horrible death. Or resurface alive & well in BotW2.

This seems to be their big Holiday video game, meaning that perhaps next
Say what now?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm suspecting there'll be foreshadowing/set-up for BotW2 that'll make up a significant chunk of the story.
True, but I presume the foreshadowing will be veeeeeeery minimal.

The Champions seem to have gotten themselves their very own pet baby guardian.
I presume it could be this game's iteration of Hyrule Warriors Deluxe's Fairy mechanic.

Or resurface alive & well in BotW2.
Breath of the Wild had that mechanic where you could scan the Wolf!Link amiibo and use it as a companion. Perhaps BOTW2 could have a permanent companion?

Say what now?
lol I meant that BOTW2 could be 2021's Holiday game.

Wait so does the fact that this is a prequel mean that this is the first time Zelda is actually canonically playable?
Well, Hyrule Warriors Zelda is still a Zelda, so.

This makes me excited at the possibility of a Fire Emblem Warriors that takes place during the timeskip of Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
"FIRE EMBLEM Warriors", yuck

Recon

Art of War
Awards

The story elements intrigue me, but the frame rate drops are so bad. Still a major problem in these games

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well they found a way to get "Paya" in the game.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Wait, I thought Paya was actually how Purah was supposed to look a hundred years ago.

Edit:

Per Siliconera, this isn't Paya, but rather, Impa at a younger age:

Makes sense that they'd base a younger Impa on her granddaughter.

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I'm surprised there's been no further posts in this thread since Age of Calamity released.

Skyward Sword HD was announced for July. While a bit underwhelming feeling for the Zelda 35th anniversary compared to Mario's, I'm still glad SS is finally going to be in HD like its brethren. And with the fact they are letting it be playable with both motion controls AND button mapping (with the right stick guiding sword swings, called it!), I'm hoping that it lets the game get more recognition and love from those who shunned it before. It's actually one of my favorites plot, character, and dungeon/boss-wise.

Heck, I'm expecting some quality of life changes as well, like what Wind Waker and Twilight Princess got. They could fix the item pickup description from playing every time. They could give an option for Fi to be less intrusive. Maybe even add new bonus content like TP got with that extra dungeon. Who knows.

Am I miffed that Zelda didn't get a Collection like Mario got, while Mario is still getting 35th anniversary stuff a year later? A bit. Ocarina at least needed to be made playable somehow. And I am hungrily waiting for any Breath of the Wild 2 news. But it is what it is. Maybe there'll be more Zelda love later in the year?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
While a bit underwhelming feeling for the Zelda 35th anniversary compared to Mario's,
This is gonna sound salty, but you can't compare their anniversaries because Nintendo did not achknowledge Zelda's anniversary. :>

I'm still glad SS is finally going to be in HD like its brethren.
Me and a friend have a theory:
Nintendo is gonna re-release Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD separately, and not in a bundle, and they're going to sell Joycons themed after them the same way they're doing with Skyward Sword HD and its themed Joycons. So:

• SSHD and SS themed Joycons
• WWHD and WW themed Joycons
• TPHD and TP themed Joycons

P.S. I hope those Joycons don't drift

Am I miffed that Zelda didn't get a Collection like Mario got, while Mario is still getting 35th anniversary stuff a year later?
It technically hasn't been a year since they started celebrating Mario's anniversary per se. It could be also because they're stretching the anniversary due to them recently opening Super Nintendo Land.

And let's be honest: Mario is Nintendo's Mickey.

Maybe there'll be more Zelda love later in the year?
I HOPE SO

Cumguardian69

Awards
BotW 2 looking freaking fantastic. I might just sell my PS5 and put myself in stasis until next year. I am HYPED aa hell for the game. E3 was mostly a joke but goddamn....please lord let BOTW2 release early next year.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The teaser was…lack luster, but at least there is a date.

Cumguardian69

Awards
The teaser was…lack luster, but at least there is a date.
Nothing lackluster about it. It showed off amped stasis, new world design, tiny bits of story (we know Link's arm gets severely injured, he ends up on a plate of somesort and gets the gauntlet gauzed on), new music design, time manipulation.

The only thing really missing is enemy variety.

Back