• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts is coming to PC! Releasing March 30 exclusively on the Epic Games Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I don't know about you but I hated KH3 for two years straight and the second I saw this announcement I practically broke my fingers with how fast I tweeted that "finally MODDERS can fix the MESS that was KH3!!!"
I preferred the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts III over Kingdom Hearts II, agree to disagree I suppose.
Keyblade as a pickaxe confirmed.
Not gonna lie, a Fortnite DLC Keyblade would be pretty sick.

AegisXIII

Awards
There were some rumors or wishes from people in the community to get a proper kh3 optimized for next gen (loading times for the most part and some raytracing).
Since kh3 is releasing on pc, do you think this "next-gen" version might be out of the table (since pc versions are often considered as the definitive ones)?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
There were some rumors or wishes from people in the community to get a proper kh3 optimized for next gen (loading times for the most part and some raytracing).
Since kh3 is releasing on pc, do you think this "next-gen" version might be out of the table (since pc versions are often considered as the definitive ones)?
If anything, I'd say that the fact that they're still fiddling with KH3 means that PS5/XboxSeX upgrades are very likely. There might be a chance that Nomura and crew would want to pour a little sugar on top, first. HD rumble on PS5, maybe some heartless recolors... I know I need more incentive to triple dip after the PC version.

Launchpad

Awards
What does everyone think of the chances of the Dark Seeker Saga moving to the switch? Is it still likely?

Never say never, but it seems like pre-MoM was the perfect time to do it. There might be a slight resistance on Square's part to do so, since KH3 on Switch is never, ever gonna happen.

Cumguardian69

Awards
What does everyone think of the chances of the Dark Seeker Saga moving to the switch? Is it still likely?
Not likely at all. TBH everything except 0.2 and 3 could easily go to Switch - MoM proves this - but SE literally hates Nintendo and free money if it isn't absolutely guaranteed to make millions

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Never say never, but it seems like pre-MoM was the perfect time to do it. There might be a slight resistance on Square's part to do so, since KH3 on Switch is never, ever gonna happen.
Pre-KH3 was the perfect time for XB1 ports, timeliness is not a strong suit of this series.

There's always the option of a cloud version for KH3 like Control and Hitman did. Not ideal but it's something.

Or they could go the FFXV Pocket route and remake the whole game in PS2 graphics. MoM gave us a taste of that possiblity.

EDIT: Option 3: Nintendo launches Switch Pro and it's just powerful enough for a true port.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
The witcher3 got released on switch. But it would require a lot of optimization. Not sure they are willing to spend that much energy to do it.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's pretty heavily rumored that a Switch Pro with 4K resolution is coming. If that actually ends up being the case, there's no reason not to port the entire series to Switch.

Launchpad

Awards
It's pretty heavily rumored that a Switch Pro with 4K resolution is coming. If that actually ends up being the case, there's no reason not to port the entire series to Switch.
That would be awesome for a number of reasons. It'd be a huge win for everyone, and add even more sales onto KH3's already astronomical amount.

On the subject of allowing it to be a 'cloud access' game like Hitman, that unfortunately wouldn't work at all for a game like KH3. The amount of quick, visual effects are bitrate destroying, even on non-interactive Youtube videos and streams. One Waterza and your Switch screen will be a mess.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Or they could go the FFXV Pocket route and remake the whole game in PS2 graphics. MoM gave us a taste of that possiblity.
Not gonna lie, I’m actually curious to see how that would look with the newer worlds in KH3

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Speak of the devil, new Nintendo Direct tomorrow. Perhaps EGS was just the warm-up?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
System requirements:

Minimum

Processor: Intel Core i5-3330 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
Memory: 8GB or more
Storage: 75GB or more
DirectX: Version 11
VRAM: 2GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260X

Recommended

Processor: Intel Core i5-7500 or AMD Ryzen 3 3100
VRAM: 8GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 or Radeon RX Vega 56

Awards
System requirements:

Minimum

Processor: Intel Core i5-3330 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
VRAM: 2GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260X

Recommended

Processor: Intel Core i5-7500 or AMD Ryzen 3 3100
VRAM: 8GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 or Radeon RX Vega 56
What laptops would fit that?

LoneFox

Awards
Those requirements are so ridiculously high that they simply cannot be correct. Probably some kind of placeholder or accidental copy-paste from another game.

Back