• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts is coming to PC! Releasing March 30 exclusively on the Epic Games Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

lucky.peic

Awards
Mods of the games would be the only reason I would ever buy them on PC. I've played most of them to death on the PlayStation consoles. I guess it's still cool the series will be accessible to more people, but there's not much incentive for me to buy them again if they can't be modded unhindered.

Mod idea I've always had: custom summons so I can summon Zero and Morph into battle. Also Disney party members in main villain boss battles. I need to see Woody and Sully defeat Xehanorts.
Even if they decide not to support modding officialy thats not gonna stop people from modding the files, a bit inconvient but still doable

AegisXIII

Awards
What is the issue with the EGS appart from the fact that they are not Steam?

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
I believe some of it stems from Epic Games being partially - roughly 40% - owned by the Chinese company Tencent, who themselves are quite controversial for several reasons. Their conduct in situations such as this, with their focus on timed exclusivity deals, is also a common criticism; especially early on when developers were suddenly making their games timed exclusives on EGS weeks before their release on platforms like Steam.

Cumguardian69

Awards
1) It's not steam (literally, not memeing). Keeping everything in one DRM facility is far superior to having multiple POA to your billing info. If something gets leaked/stolen from steam of course it can be dispersed through the (dark) web but I prefer to keep my info in one block for the time being. Having an acc for EGS, then one for GOG, then one for Steam, then one for Origin, then one for this and that...it's so tedious and unsafe.

2) Locked down system means official mod support is probably not going to happen and unofficial mod support would be delayed. I know, even if it released on Steam Disney and SE were not likely to release mod tools or anything of the sort...but a quicker Steam release means PC players would really get to the content that matters quicker (i.e. whacky stages, integrating ReMIND toolsets, characters, and stats into base game, etc).

3) Fortnite bad (meme)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It’s PS vs Xbox for PC gamers.

But also it’s very nuanced. PC gamers didn’t want to have to use separate accounts for different games. The appeal of Steam was that you could get the majority of PC games through one single service.

Also, EGS came out as a form of competition against Steam because Epic Games likes money. They also have tons of money they can throw at developers to secure exclusives, which people feel is unethical and limits accessibility for people who might not want to support Epic Games.

As noted above, Epic Games is also partially owned by Tencent, a Chinese company that is often believed to be an entertainment arm of the Chinese government. That means people would be giving money to a company that indirectly is helping hide the human rights violations by the CCP.

Cumguardian69

Awards
As noted above, Epic Games is also partially owned by Tencent, a Chinese company that is often believed to be an entertainment arm of the Chinese government. That means people would be giving money to a company that indirectly is helping hide the human rights violations by the CCP.
This argument also stands against Disney (see Mulan "remake"). But that's more small time personal boycott than it is a problem with EGS specifically.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Basically many folks love free-market monopolies when it's convenient but hate the free market when that convenience is threatened.
That's true if you look at it from a money perspective and not a user experience perspective. I'm not against steam getting broken up...if I still got my games from one central platform. I don't buy PC to download sixteen game hubs then download separate game exes. it's tedious.

same idea about netflix having properties that hulu doesn't. for ex (I dont konw if this is true IRL) imagine I wanted to watch rocket power season 1 and 2 but netflix had s1 and hulu had s2. from user experience it is constant swapping its not good for me. and of course the risk of my payment details getting leaked increases

Awards
Soooo...I guess the quickest way to reach modding KH3 on PC is a cracked version.

I wouldn't do it nor do i even have the means to but ahoy and avast, I guess.

Real question is if we can have KH2 Sora and Riku playable in DDD

Cumguardian69

Awards
dont give KH2 Sora in DDD unless DDD gets a physics change (which I think is too complicated to even happen). Keystrikes need to be primary with command deck being accents to the keystrikes tbh. but that own't happen

lucky.peic

Awards
Maybe we discover more unused content now that its getting released on PC, there is a software called universal unreal engine 4 unlocker that works with almost any UE4 game and it allows to re-enable dev console in games that dont have it and even stuff like freezing game and using free camera and removing HUD, similar to Nvidia Ansel for FFXV on PC, it will be interesting messing with it in KH3 and 0.2

Cumguardian69

Awards
Remove HUD is going to be god tier for data fights. Or cinematic boss trailers. I'm actually extremely hyped. One question though: are EGS games moddable? Like...

WastedPenguin

Awards
Oh boy. Excited to see what modders will create . Hoping for some balance changes in all the titles. And seeing how even KH gets aPC port makes me think of switching from console to PC.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Yea I was pining for a PS5 but this announcement made me say screw that. I'll wait until June/July when they invariably go on summer sale but I am defo getting 1.5+2.5 and 3FM. I kinda want to get 2.8 but it just doesn't feel necessary. I miss the PA4 fight but DDD is not one of my favorites.

redcrown

Awards
I remember a youtuber found files of a level in DDD that was the level layout of a ship. People speculated it was Treasure Planet, imagine if someone took those files and recreated a whole map.

Another mod idea: Being able to switch Sora and Riku's versions of their Fantasia segments so they can run around in the other's map.

I can't stop thinking of impossible mod wishes someone stop me please.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I remember a youtuber found files of a level in DDD that was the level layout of a ship. People speculated it was Treasure Planet, imagine if someone took those files and recreated a whole map.

Another mod idea: Being able to switch Sora and Riku's versions of their Fantasia segments so they can run around in the other's map.

I can't stop thinking of impossible mod wishes someone stop me please.
If the data hasn't been removed then it's possible to see a lot more than what we've seen before. I had wondered if maybe there was some leftover data in Re Mind of the world that was cut 👀

Tobi

Awards
For my part I dont want to buy it on EGS, because I prefer having everything under one roof. I can't do this for every case, but try to do so. Also, atleast for teh beginning - later than that I dont know - the EGS was supposed to be not safe and lacking functions. Until now I never was interested in any of their exclusive games, so I never read more into it.

(for the time when its coming hopefully on Steam), I'm most excited about the Data fights, where I managed to not spoiling myself on any of these (exceptions being the music and the Secret Boss).
As for mods... I guess modders could try to put the Data versions into the graveyard sequence, but since I dont know what the Data fights are made of (except being difficult), I don't know if these upgraded fights would be possible both technical wise and gameplaywise.

Back