• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ace Attorney - 15th Anniversary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Purchased the trilogy in Australia. Tempted to preorder it in America to increase sales and get the theme.

There are also two sets of avatars - each have six in them. They were $3AUD each.
I want these avatars! I wonder if they're on the US PSN? I have the theme on right now, I love the music and the sound effects

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I want these avatars! I wonder if they're on the US PSN? I have the theme on right now, I love the music and the sound effects
We don’t get the theme, but the avatars should go live when the game is available. That’s when they went up down here.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I remember that game confusing the hell out of me, but giving me joy by allowing me to scream "OBJECTION!" into my DS as part of gameplay.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I didn't realize the trilogy was even going on pc/steam. That's pretty sweet.
Yes. The Ace Attorney franchise has gone full blown multiplatform. I'm really happy for it. The series deserves all the love it can get, and I am eager to see what sort of story awaits with AA7, the series' first HD game. Something tells me it'll hit the peak once more like Spirit of Justice did.

Veevee

Awards
I'm currently playing the trilogy on my Switch and I just started case 1-4. I read all the manga (Phoenix & Edgeworth), watched the Live Action movie, half of the anime and played a few cases of the third game, but never played the first one. I really love it so far, the characters are wonderfully quirky and the case still manage to be exciting. I really hope we get a port of the rest games, I'd be especially happy about the Edgeworth games (they are quite expensive these days), he's such a special kind of cinnamon bun and I love the dynamic between him and Gumshoe. Also, it's damn hilarious they made a thing out of him basically never getting the name of the witness at the first try so he freaks out, lol. Love it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
1-4 is one of the series strongest cases. And the Edgeworth games are good, but I really thinkg GK2 kicks GK1's ass out of the stratosphere.

Veevee

Awards
So I'm about 3/4 through case 1-5 (approximately) and while I like the story of that one a lot and love the character of Ema, I think the gameplay doesn't work as well as in the cases before. Which made me wonder, so I looked it up and realized that the case was added after Trials and Tribulations. I could solve the cases up to this point without a problem - I had to think about it and pay close attention, but I never had to look anything up. With 1-5, I had to look something up several times because I wouldn't even know what the game wanted from me in the first place because it was quite vague sometimes or didn't strike me as relevant anyhow. The prior cases were "witness gives a statement, the statement has a contradiction, I take the part of the statement where the contradiction is in and present the appropriate evidence" - in this case I didn't always know what I was even supposed to disprove or at which part. For example, when Mrs. Starr showed the photo she had taken in the moment the crime took place, I had to figure out it wasn't exactly the moment of the stabbing but about one minute after which was pretty much just nitpicking on the words. From that, Phoenix figured out stuff I'd never have concluded from it and I was like "Yeah. Sure. I totally knew that.".
I'm really looking forward to the conclusion though; and hope the other games are more clear on the gameplay again.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So I'm about 3/4 through case 1-5 (approximately) and while I like the story of that one a lot and love the character of Ema, I think the gameplay doesn't work as well as in the cases before. Which made me wonder, so I looked it up and realized that the case was added after Trials and Tribulations. I could solve the cases up to this point without a problem - I had to think about it and pay close attention, but I never had to look anything up. With 1-5, I had to look something up several times because I wouldn't even know what the game wanted from me in the first place because it was quite vague sometimes or didn't strike me as relevant anyhow. The prior cases were "witness gives a statement, the statement has a contradiction, I take the part of the statement where the contradiction is in and present the appropriate evidence" - in this case I didn't always know what I was even supposed to disprove or at which part. For example, when Mrs. Starr showed the photo she had taken in the moment the crime took place, I had to figure out it wasn't exactly the moment of the stabbing but about one minute after which was pretty much just nitpicking on the words. From that, Phoenix figured out stuff I'd never have concluded from it and I was like "Yeah. Sure. I totally knew that.".
I'm really looking forward to the conclusion though; and hope the other games are more clear on the gameplay again.
Yeah, the purpose of 1-5 is to serve as backstory for Ema being in Apollo Justice, which was being dev'd way back then.

Veevee

Awards
Do you guys feel we might have better chances at a trilogy pack of the other games now? I'd actually love to get my hand on the Edgeworth games.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Do you guys feel we might have better chances at a trilogy pack of the other games now? I'd actually love to get my hand on the Edgeworth games.
They can make an Edeworth two pack. But the other games? I can see them milkin' AJ, DD, and SOJ separately.

Veevee

Awards
I just finished Trials and Tribulations and cleared the Ace Attorney Trilogy for the first time in my life. So, I'll post my thoughts and impressions here, so feel free to answer.

I have a hard time deciding whether I like AA1 or AA3 better, probably AA1 even though AA3 had that continuing mystery of Godot for me, but the ending disappointed me pretty much. I adore Miles Edgeworth and the best part of all the games was him - I loved to see him develop as a person, becoming the person Phoenix had known him to be, getting from enemies to dear friends with him. I loved the banter with him and everytime I had a chance to talk to him, I just presented EVERYTHING to him to get more dialogue. To me, he's the most fleshed out character in the games.

AA2 was good, but also kinda ... annoying to me. Franziska von Karma felt like another Miles Edgeworth pre-character development and I found her to be quite irritating. She was also raised by Manfred von Karma to be a "perfect" prosector, she had this anger at Phoenix (even though I liked that she disliked him on her own account, not on her father's), she manipulated the witnesses, withheld evidence ... and verbally, her constant "fool fool fool" and her whipping didn't do much for me. I get that this was part of the point that she was still immature and had to learn a lot, but that certainly didn't help me from being utterly annoyed by her and actually happy she was absent for most of the last case. I liked wthat she cared about Andrews after the incident and got instantly annoyed at the beginning of 3-5 again, but she grew on me later in that case again. I see a lot of potential here. It's not that I don't like characters like her - I actually love Larxene a lot - but I felt that she was rather shallow in AA2 and didn't display many different parts of her personality. The last case of JFA was the bomb though.

AA3 really sucked me in with the Godot thing and I have a really soft spot for Mia ... and though I liked the revelations of 3-5, the case itself really disappointed me. I love how it connects many cases together really well, but the case itself was so stupid at times that it really threw me out of the immersion. The pendulum thing, for starters .. yeah, sure, he grabbed the wire of the burning bridge (how did he even reach that when the bridge was already burning?), Deauxnim had NO better idea than to channel a murderous spirit while knowing she'd have no control afterwards and Godot, knowing everything from the very beginning, let everything unfold in this ridiculous way? I realize he doubted the purity of his intentions of saving Maya, but that doesn't erase the fact he was trying to protect her which would've worked WAY better by just talking to Peals, if he was that against to talking with Phoenix. Stabbing Misty and endangering Maya for basically nothing really contradicted his intentions - I'll overlook the stupidness of his hate against Phoenix because he admitted to that, but he really didn't act smart in any way and everybody was kinda fine with that (why?). The whole case kinda felt too forced for me and I was waiting and waiting and waiting for Morgan finally showing up so I could cross-examine her to the ground and get her convicted and get some sweet justice, but instead I explained a plan that was stupid as heck and convicted a guy I basically liked. The "Dahlia wasn't your girlfriend" twist was also kinda weird, but okay, why not. Maya being totally into going to training again at the end certainly didn't match all that happened and the fact that she herself said she doesn't want to get involved with the Fey clan anymore - I'd have preferred that she stayed in the Spirit Channeling business, but kinda dropped the Fey heritage, but fine. As long as she's happy but I felt that her character development was kinda dropped a bit there and the whole case felt little consequential.

Even though I'm picking the last case apart, I tremendously enjoyed the games and the characters. I'll surely play the rest of the games, but I seriously hope there are no more "oh no, something happens to Maya" cause that girl seriously needs a break. And there have been four cases with that already and it was fine, but please. No more. I also hope for some more Phoenix character development because I actually lacked that in the games a bit - he gets better as a lawyer and learns a few life lessons, but I could hardly see a difference in his act (despite mentioning a few things over and over). Maybe it was so subtle it just slipped me by, I don't outrule that possibility. Feel free to yell objection :)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Uh, oh...

I am really having doubts that we're getting an Ace Attorney 7.

Just when we would finally get some closure with the Thalassa-Apollo-Trucy arc. I guess that arc is forever to be cursed to have no conclusion, lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Apparently, and I've seen this due to the Capcom leaks, they're getting around the issue by renaming him Herlock Sholmes. I don't know how that actually works since it's still clear that it's that character and those stories but that's what they're naming him 🤷‍♂️.

Still, with the rating it re-enforces the leak of the April reveal with a July release. Def excited to play this on my PS5 in-between Ratchet and Clank and Neo: The World Ends With You.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Apparently, and I've seen this due to the Capcom leaks, they're getting around the issue by renaming him Herlock Sholmes. I don't know how that actually works since it's still clear that it's that character and those stories but that's what they're naming him 🤷‍♂️.

Still, with the rating it re-enforces the leak of the April reveal with a July release. Def excited to play this on my PS5 in-between Ratchet and Clank and Neo: The World Ends With You.
A parody of a famous character fits the AA verse better than the genuine article anyway.

KudoTsurugi

Awards

If Arsene Lupin could use that name in his books, so can Ace Attorney. As annoying a rename it is. That said, if these leaks are true, it’d nice to finally play the Great Ace Attorney series in the West. Though hopefully without the renaming 😓🤞

Back