• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Art Showcase, any critiques would be appreciated.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NemesisSP

Awards
1609618359914.png

First pic of Iris this year... looking a little too much like the Aqua 0.2 sketch, but I at least got another good pic of her to show off here.

D

Deleted member 246005

Your stuff looks great.

Have you tried adapting your story as a comic?

Last edited by a moderator:

NemesisSP

Awards
Your stuff looks great.

Have you tried adapting your story as a comic?

Thank you. I always appreciate hearing that.

I actually do consider it often, especially since I do have a very detailed outline I can work from in doing so. It's just that I'm trying to find a good point with my art skills where I feel I could turn it into a comic, or at least a manga styled one.

D

Deleted member 246005

Thank you. I always appreciate hearing that.

I actually do consider it often, especially since I do have a very detailed outline I can work from in doing so. It's just that I'm trying to find a good point with my art skills where I feel I could turn it into a comic, or at least a manga styled one.
Try doing a short story or a one-shot first. Most comic writers recommend doing small as a sample.

NemesisSP

Awards
1611053192976.png

Alright, so I've thought about it and here's a concept for a manga style Omega. It's not meant to be like Shiro Amano's manga, because I don't think that style would be suited for my story, or at least, I don't want to have to learn how to do that style too. I'm already juggling learning Nomura, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, Shigenori Soejima and Hisashi Hirai and those are all pretty distinct styles to learn.

So, I mostly focused on the hair and face for this. If you compare this to his previous sketch and my official render of him, there's a bit less detail than usual, particular with the hair. I figure I'd also depict this iconic scene in my own way, following the storyboards for the original fairly closely. This was surprisingly more fun to draw than I thought it would be and so I might experiment a bit more.

No promises on a comic, but hopefully this rough concept would give a good idea on it. Let me know your thoughts on it.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
That‘s a really impressive drawing I think it looks really cool and i like all the details in it. I really like the way you created a light and shadow effect in the background as I think it’s cool how you used it to make the details on Omega stand out even more. I think this drawing looks really professional and I think the idea of maybe making a comic about Omega sounds awesome as I think your drawings are really good.

NemesisSP

Awards
That‘s a really impressive drawing I think it looks really cool and i like all the details in it. I really like the way you created a light and shadow effect in the background as I think it’s cool how you used it to make the details on Omega stand out even more. I think this drawing looks really professional and I think the idea of maybe making a comic about Omega sounds awesome as I think your drawings are really good.

Well, thank you for your kind words. Currently, I'm still on the fence about doing a full comic, but I do like this particular style of sketch and am thinking about doing more of it for my current written form of the story. At least, for now, I am gonna keep experimenting and learning about comic creation.

NemesisSP

Awards
It's not Kingdom Hearts or anything, but I figured I'd post this here to finally make use of my YouTube and others who want to see how I draw. Hope it's enjoyable, even if you may not like the character or series and I promise I'll do something KH related next time.

This is a test video, though, so that's why there's a Filmora Watermark there. I was testing the program for the first time. If I do future videos, there will not be a watermark. Hope you enjoy and let me know which KH character you'd like to see me draw. :p

Vulpes XIII

Awards
That was an great video I think it’s really cool to see how you draw your characters and all the effort and hard work that goes into making them, I wish I could draw like that but I always end up rushing my drawing because I want to start on the next idea, guess I don’t have the patience for drawing lol :)

If your taking suggestions for characters then I think a Larxene one would be cool to see, although that probably just because she my favourite character lol. I think either Roxas or Xion would look cool. Even though your drawing wasn’t a Kingdom Hearts one it still looked awesome in my opinion.

Last edited:

NemesisSP

Awards
That was an great video I think it’s really cool to see how you draw your characters and all the effort and hard work that goes into making them, I wish I could draw like that but I always end up rushing my drawing because I want to start on the next idea, guess I don’t have the patience for drawing lol :)

If your taking suggestions for characters then I think a Larxene one would be cool to see, although that probably just because she my favourite character lol. I think either Roxas or Xion would look cool. Even though your drawing wasn’t a Kingdom Hearts one it still looked awesome in my opinion.

Well, I can always give it a try. Haven't drawn Roxas in awhile, might be fun. We'll see how everything goes.

Thank you. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the video. I plan to update it to get rid of that ridiculous watermark and hopefully the next videos will not have to ever worry about it.

Soldier

Awards

Description in the entry explains all. This is all I had finished "worth" sharing.

Please don't hate me too much, I already hate myself enough for this failed attempt at "artsy drama"! :p
You know, you might be a bit too hard on yourself Mr. disgraced Disney artist. A lot of this still is very close to the original source material. Yeah, you might have a habit of putting Stitch in depressing situations, but to be fair, his story describes him as the strongest creature in the universe, fireproof, bulletproof and can think faster than a supercomputer. If any Disney character can take a beating (be it physical or mental) It'd be experiment 626.

NemesisSP

Awards
I realized I had (yet again) slacked on uploading stuff here, so here's a look at my continuing efforts to replicate a (in)famous scene from a (in)famous game. No doubt the next time you see it it will have also been ten years after the first time I drew it!

1621954963507.png

Back