• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Quadratum Pave The Way For Marvel And Star Wars In Future Games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Not sure about Star Wars being accessed through Holocrons, but I do like the idea of using comics to access the Marvel Multiverse.
I'd personally have gone with VHS, DVD or just a TV screen for Star Wars. But generally i am a fan of using the 100 Acres Wood mechanic for them. Have them be worlds of fiction Sora and Co can access.

I just thought Holocrons made the most sense because they hold and record information. They're basically magical hard drives. They also look sick.
Holocron_6d6b7de1.jpeg

holocron1-740x400-1.jpg

sith-holocron_fa76c67c.jpeg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just thought Holocrons made the most sense because they hold and record information. They're basically magical hard drives. They also look sick.
Holocron_6d6b7de1.jpeg

holocron1-740x400-1.jpg

sith-holocron_fa76c67c.jpeg

I also like the idea that Sora wouldn't be engaging with SW directly, but through memories of it. Echoes UX in a way. Keeps SW purists happy, keeps KH fans appeased because we wouldn't be going to a galaxy far, far away but rather just seeing what bit of it has slipped through to the KH universe...

Epi9.gif

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I also like the idea that Sora wouldn't be engaging with SW directly, but through memories of it. Echoes UX in a way. Keeps SW purists happy, keeps KH fans appeased because we wouldn't be going to a galaxy far, far away but rather just seeing what bit of it has slipped through to the KH universe...

Epi9.gif

Yup, this idea came to me as I was writing a fic involving Riku post KH3. I wanted to use the prequels and Anakin to teach Riku about loss and the consequences of using the darkness out of desperation to save(or find) a loved one. I really didn't wanna mess with canon and luckily Winnie came to mind.

PS: Now I got that song from the GIF stuck in my head.

U.N. Owen

Awards
The easiest way to handle the Marvel stuff is to say Franklin Richards did it.

What? An FF run in 2018 by Dan Slott? Never heard of it!

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'd take Spider-Man or some marvel hero participating in the plot of an original world a la the FF cameos. But I don't want their universes -- and all of their implications -- muddying the already overly expansive KH-verse. A cute cameo or two is enough for me.

Also Star Wars bores me to death but it might be fun to have a Darth Vader boss or have him work on a new council of villains.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Quadratum has something to do with "alternate worldlines," right? Well, while I don't want it in KH, I believe the next Spider-Man film is (SPOILERS for the next Spider-Man film) supposed to focus on alternate universes since Dr. Strange will be a part of it. I think it's their way of combining the Tom Holland version with the original Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst version (as well as The Amazing Spider-Man) all into the same universe. I'm actually happy about it because the original trilogy is still my favorite version; I love Tom Holland in the new films, but everything else about them has been sort of a letdown. A KH version of Spider-Man could simply be one AU.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Come again? I don't get it.

Franklin Richards is the son of Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) and Sue Storm (Invisible Woman). He's a mutant who has the power to warp realities. He's a creative gateway to meld the Marvel universe with the Kingdom Hearts universe via worldlines.

Awards
For Star Wars, it would be ideal if the world was simply called "The Outer Rim" as it would just be a far corner of the galaxy, and it would just click nicely when looking at it in the World Map!

As for Marvel, there's any number of locations that could be used. It's really all a matter of choosing the best one to start with.

I'm pretty sure that as time passes and Nomura is able to get the groundwork for these franchises to work within KH, the likelier the chances will be that we'll see them appear at some point. Whenever that does happen, if it does, I'll be excited to see!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
At some point, Disney and Square Enix would want Marvel and Lucasfilm properties in Kingdom Hearts anyway so Quadratum being the gateway for that is the easiest integration.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I still don't want Star Wars or Marvel in Kingdom Hearts. Maybe I can be convinced a little with Star Wars as long as Sora isn't interacting with any known characters or obvious "Star Wars" tropes, but Marvel, imo, just doesn't fit. Big Hero 6 is the closest thing that works aesthetically (mostly self contained and no actual powers present like most Marvel Heroes)

A while back, I think I said I'd be ok if Star Wars were integrated in like, Gummi ship battles. Or maybe an NPC you see now and then also travelling the galaxy from far far away

Sean Wheeler

Awards
While a Marvel New York could work, how can Star Wars be represented? The Disney worlds are planets, not galaxies. Would we be on Tatooine? Would Tatooine be stylized as a planet with all the landmarks visible from space unlike how it appeared as a brown planet in the movies? But honestly, I think buying Marvel and Star Wars was Disney on their way of becoming a monopoly. It only got worse when they bought the rival conglomerate Fox and now completely owns Hulu which competes against Disney+. Why couldn't their stake in Hulu be given to Comcast? Honestly, if they bought Fox to stream their properties on Disney+, I don't see why they couldn't just make a licensing deal. Because I feel like Marvel, Lucasfilm and Fox shouldn't belong to Disney, I don't want their properties in Kingdom Hearts. Pixar is okay because their movies were already Disney movies before their acquisition.

horto12485

Awards
At some point, Disney and Square Enix would want Marvel and Lucasfilm properties in Kingdom Hearts anyway so Quadratum being the gateway for that is the easiest integration.

Agreed that way the Disney Worlds can be in the Realm of Light and Marvel/Lucasfilm properties can be in Quadratum

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So it seems like EA’s exclusivity deal is over (or close to it). Lucasfilm Games has opened up the license to other companies like Ubisoft who is now developing their own SW open world game.

Welcome to the future. Nomura could absolutely have SW in KH now if he made a good pitch for it lol

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Let’s not forget that unlike Nomura/Square, Star Wars has a Story Group whose sole job is to overlook canon and make sure everything is connected, barring the movies of course since it’s been proven they have no power over those. If Nomura wants to touch Star Wars, he has to work closely with them.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
So it seems like EA’s exclusivity deal is over (or close to it). Lucasfilm Games has opened up the license to other companies like Ubisoft who is now developing their own SW open world game.

Welcome to the future. Nomura could absolutely have SW in KH now if he made a good pitch for it lol

Interesting... well, it's probably going to be part of the Expanded Universe of Star Wars lore if it ever makes it into Kingdom Hearts.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If there is somehow a Star Wars world I'm hoping it would take place during The Mandalorian or Clone Wars before any of the three trilogies. That may be a bit easier to manage

Back