• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's voice actor preys on his female fanbase on social media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
LBR, even if someone in this kind of situation was innocent, saying "I'm innocent" wouldn't change anything. If anything, making a comment will just feed the flames and give the story more attention, whether it's true or false.
I've seen other people in similar situations claim that "the accusations are unfounded and false", then going on to assert that their lawyer will be locking into it. Granted, I've seen people say the accusations are false, then go on to be found guilty... so yeah.

I hope justice will be done in the appropriate channels and not in the court of public opinion.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If this is true, then there. That settles it.
That doesn't really prove anything. If you were accused of something that you didn't do, wouldn't you try to keep these people away? Who knows what they might be sending him directly?

All of these assumptions based on behaviour like blocking people on twitter is not definitive proof. We should be wary of what the people are saying and "exposing" him, but until there are actual victims who say what happened or definitive proof, we really cannot know for sure.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That doesn't really prove anything. If you were accused of something that you didn't do, wouldn't you try to keep these people away? Who knows what they might be sending him directly?

All of these assumptions based on behaviour like blocking people on twitter is not definitive proof. We should be wary of what the people are saying and "exposing" him, but until there are actual victims who say what happened or definitive proof, we really cannot know for sure.

The Twitter account is full of victim accounts.

EDIT: Okay I'm reading your post again and you are saying "We should be wary of what the people are saying and "exposing" him" but then say "until there are actual victims who say what has happened or definitive proof" like what do you want?

Is the proof on that Twitter not enough? Are you saying the existing posts showing him licking women's legs, kissing underaged women without their permission, and the dozens of other tweets by people are not definitive proof????

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Friendly reminder that sexual harassment victims don't need to uphold to certain norms established by people in regards of reporting a harassment. If the victim feels she was sexually harassed, she has the full right to express it. Whether it's true or not, that's for a due process (investigation/judicial) to determine. Sexually harassed victim has tools to combat the act, and so does the harasser if he is truly innocent.

Speaking of victims: other victims that mount into the accusation after someone first made the act also have a right to express it and join in.

This is the basis of #MeToo - one victim makes it public, the others join in because of it.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The Twitter account is full of victim accounts.

EDIT: Okay I'm reading your post again and you are saying "We should be wary of what the people are saying and "exposing" him" but then say "until there are actual victims who say what has happened or definitive proof" like what do you want?

Is the proof on that Twitter not enough? Are you saying the existing posts showing him licking women's legs, kissing underaged women without their permission, and the dozens of other tweets by people are not definitive proof????
I was talking about Paul St. Peter not Quinton. I thought the post I quoted was talking about Paul blocking accounts that accused Quinton.

Quinton should definitely be dealt with swiftly and replaced immediately. For Paul St. Peter, the "circumstantial evidence" as I would call it isn't enough to deem him a predator and horrible in my eyes. If the women that he called beautiful reveals that he did more than that, then I would look at him differently, but to me Paul just called them beautiful. Not even sexy or hot - which are obviously way more predatorial words than beautiful - at least in my opinion.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I was talking about Paul St. Peter not Quinton. I thought the post I quoted was talking about Paul blocking accounts that accused Quinton.

Quinton should definitely be dealt with swiftly and replaced immediately. For Paul St. Peter, the "circumstantial evidence" as I would call it isn't enough to deem him a predator and horrible in my eyes. If the women that he called beautiful reveals that he did more than that, then I would look at him differently, but to me Paul just called them beautiful. Not even sexy or hot - which are obviously way more predatorial words than beautiful - at least in my opinion.
1608430160866.png

Grey Skies

Awards
I will add that when people come forward with accusations like these, it is almost always true.

Launchpad

Awards
I will add that when people come forward with accusations like these, it is almost always true.

Regardless of patterns and history, the specific Quinton Flynn allegations are resoundingly thorough. Even if no laws have been broken, which potentially they have, he's still a power abusing sex pest. In turn, my own suspicions about St. Peter have been flared due to him blocking the proof account and liking certain Quinton-defense tweets. This isn't to say 'yes, he's absolutely doing the same thing as Flynn', but it wanders into the realm of 'he probably would if he could, and thinks it's okay'. You just don't need to call your fans sexy and beautiful and alluring.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Regardless of patterns and history, the specific Quinton Flynn allegations are resoundingly thorough. Even if no laws have been broken, which potentially they have, he's still a power abusing sex pest. In turn, my own suspicions about St. Peter have been flared due to him blocking the proof account and liking certain Quinton-defense tweets. This isn't to say 'yes, he's absolutely doing the same thing as Flynn', but it wanders into the realm of 'he probably would if he could, and thinks it's okay'. You just don't need to call your fans sexy and beautiful and alluring.

Exactly. I don't think anybody is accusing Paul of doing anything, but rather being suspicious about his behavior and properly distancing themselves from him as somebody to admire.

It's important that we become more critical of the people we consume media from these days. Being more discerning avoids putting people on pedestals and giving them the power to abuse their positions of fame and import.

Admire people for their talents, sure fine that's normal, but remember that they aren't paragons of perfection. They can always be potential abusers, and, more often than not when certain people attain some level of fame, they use that to do awful things to people regardless of if it is publicly known or not.

Look at Vic. Look at Quinton now. Look at the entirely of the #MeToo movement.

Like just because somebody like say Bryan Singer hasn't been sent to prison for being an abusive, predatory sexual assaulter doesn't mean said bullshit didn't happen.

So when I see some older guy online sending messages like "looks sexy" "wow you're beautiful" "you're hot" to his female fans, I'm not about to sit back and go "Oh well, that's fine". I did before because I also previously didn't think there was much wrong with Paul complimenting women. We all do our share of complimenting people on their looks, but again it is the pattern of behavior that is setting off the alarm bells. You see the comments, then see him block the account housing the allegations against Quinton, then see him liking defense posts. Like Launchpad is saying, it is at least concerning enough that he is essentially defending Quinton. This definitely puts his character into question.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I didn't know about that tweet. I was going off of the three tweets shown in here that just used the word "beautiful". So now I think he is suspect.

What I'm going to say here isn't about Paul St. Peter's use of the word, but I don't think complimenting someone with the word "beautiful" is predatory unless there's more behind it. Sure, I can understand if some old, pervy man says "beautiful" to a young girl and is trying to manipulate her, then yes it's predatory. But if a man compliments a woman at a fancy event where everyone is dressed up by saying "you look beautiful" and that's it, I don't see the harm in that at all.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This might be me being ace and not really comfortable about sexually charged terms, but calling someone sexy to their face outside of certain contexts, just seems super sleazy. To me calling someone sexy, is like just blainently saying you want to bump uglies with them.

Like in the last pic launchpad posted, he could have easily said something like: "I dunno... I think it's cute/looks nice"

What bothers me with some of these celebrities calling these young female fans beautiful, alluring and so on is how freely they say it. Telling a woman she's beautiful, when she wears something really stunning is one thing, but just saying it at the smallest opening just has a questionable quality to it in my opinion.

Grey Skies

Awards
I'd certainly be creeped the fuck out if any of the messages I've seen were directed at me. I might be able to grudgingly tolerate it from women and non-binary people, but from men it's just "no no no no no".

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Honestly I was shocked when I read about what Quinton Flynn had done.When I met him at a convention one time he seemed like such a nice guy and even took the time to take a picture with me despite the fact that staff had said that he was done taking pictures a couple minutes earlier. I honestly hate how excited I was to meet him back then and thinking back on that day it freaks me out that I was standing next to such a creepy guy. I hope he gets punished for what he did to all those girls.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I'd certainly be creeped the fuck out if any of the messages I've seen were directed at me. I might be able to grudgingly tolerate it from women and non-binary people, but from men it's just "no no no no no".
Don’t tolerate that shit, period. I’ll be damned if I don’t see a sexual predator in jail (or hopefully, in solitary confinement/death row), man, woman, or whatever else. Being born a sexual minority or with a vaj is no excuse. They deserve it.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Calling someone beautiful / sexy is creepy and pervy behavior, but I don't think of it as "predatory." It's just a come-on. I guess I think of "predatory" as things like touching without consent, locking someone in a room with you (think Matt Lauer), rape, etc. The former probably does deserve a backlash to teach them to stop doing that, but not jail time or execution. I'm surprised some of the women on Twitter he said that to didn't respond with, "Ew." lol

I see this as more a problem with men in general... But I don't want to say all men are scum, because that's generalizing just like the "All Celebs Are Evil" stuff is (I think the latter is probably more common to hear because it's mixed with class resentment).

Launchpad

Awards
I'm surprised some of the women on Twitter he said that to didn't respond with, "Ew." lol

While I don't wanna be a man trying to explain how women feel, I feel slightly better about proceeding with exactly that now that I've named the dynamic, absolving myself of any and all criticism. Women have to hear this stuff so often that it's often better to hit him with the "oh, thank you" or just not responding... Responding with "ew" means you have to hear the follow-up, right?

"What, I was just being nice."
"Learn to take a compliment!"
"Oh, I'm so sorry. I really promise I just thought you were so beautiful, I wasn't trying anything. I'm sure you have a lot of guys doing this lol"

Lots of men never relent and there are so many of them... Women really do kinda just be broken by it at this point :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back