• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I think the next era of KH will focus on Square Enix

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Swing

Awards
Since Disney has gotten so restricted with their properties, I think Nomura already gave us a hint, that Sora will visit Neku in his homeworld from TWEWY. Also, this new world that they showed of in KH3 and MoM gives me a bit more FF vibes rather than Disney vibes, unlike other original worlds such as Destiny Island and Traverse Town that had more of a Disney vibe for me.

Personally, I'm open to that. Disney really ticks me off lately in how discouraged they are with their IPs.

SS501

Awards
I on the other hand believe that this "other side", "fiction" etc opens the door for IPs like marvel, since Quadratum is a world based in Tokyo, this other side could be the home of IPs that are based on real world locations. Like Spiderman,, Indiana Jones, Fantastic Four, Planet of the Apes (could work with Sora turning into an ape) etc.

To begin with KH is owned by Disney so i don't think they would allow for a KH game that doesn't feature/advertises any of the Disney properties.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
They're not going to focus more on square enix. For starters I doubt Disney would let them. Also It would be a huge risk that absolutely could affect sales. Thirdly Disney said a few months ago they were giving developers more freedom with their iOS. Finally all the kingdom hearts orginal characters are owned by disney.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Spider-Man PS4 and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has given Disney the confidence to let developers reimagine their intellectual properties. Kingdom Hearts is no exception.

Therefore, I'm under the belief with plenty of others who feel that we'll be getting Live-Action Disney remakes as the worlds to travel through in the Verum Rex universe. With that being said, it's not out of the question to get other Square cameos in the Verum Rex world like Parasite Eve or The Bouncer.

Swing

Awards
Oh no... the live-action-ones are next? I'm out of KH if that ever happens. I rather would take even a Shnookums and Meat-world over the Disney live-action-remakes.

Last edited:

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
To begin with KH is owned by Disney so i don't think they would allow for a KH game that doesn't feature/advertises any of the Disney properties.

The Fairy Godmother, a Disney character, claims to know who the Nameless Star is. You'd think people would've realized that sooner.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Like fellow members have said, Quadratum/Unreal could be the perfect place to put live-action/Marvel properties. That way, it doesn't disrupt the narrative of KINGDOM HEARTS' main universe, the world with Disney worlds and original ones, and only being able to access Quadratum via the Final World is a perfect "filter" for not getting everyone from Quadratum involved in KH's main universe.

In a sense, the Final World is a narrative safe wall built to precisely prevent arguments like "Why didn't X from Quadratum waltz in to help?"

NoWay

Awards
Maybe they could incorporate more SE ip’s. I mean Quadratum literally means Square. They don’t need to exclude Disney, but rather include more SE original content. I wouldn’t mind 50% Disney worlds, 20% SE properties and 30% percent original worlds as long as they are BIG and full content (looking at you KH3 Twilight Town).

At least they fixed Scala in ReMind which was my favorite part of the game.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The live action Disney remakes? Eww, just eww. I've accepted that at some point Marvel and Star Wars will come to KH, whether I want it or not. I can begrudgingly deal with it. But the live action remakes? I detest all of them, minus the Jungle Book.

Still...some ideas could work, and I hate saying that. I despise everything about live action Maleficent. That said a alternate version of Maleficent where she's a good guy would work wonders for Kingdom Hearts, so long as they ignore the movie plot completely. Just imagine Sora and the gangs reaction to a good Maleficent. Or classic Maleficent vs remake Maleficent. That alone is exciting to think about.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Oh no... the live-action-ones are next? I'm out oh KH if that happens. I rather would take even a Shnookums and Meat-world over the live-action-movies

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 was an underwhelming movie but it made for one of the best Disney worlds to date so I don't think you should look at the quality of the feature film to see whether it would be a compatible world for Kingdom Hearts.

The live action Disney remakes? Eww, just eww. I've accepted that at some point Marvel and Star Wars will come to KH, whether I want it or not. I can begrudgingly deal with it. But the live action remakes? I detest all of them, minus the Jungle Book.

Still...some ideas could work, and I hate saying that. I despise everything about live action Maleficent. That said an alternate version of Maleficent where she's a good guy would work wonders for Kingdom Hearts, so long as they ignore the movie plot completely. Just imagine Sora and the gangs reaction to a good Maleficent. Or classic Maleficent vs remake Maleficent. That alone is exciting to think about.

Assuming it's Yozora and his companions who are travelling to these Live-Action Disney worlds, it'll be a wildly different experience that doesn't feel jarring because they have no association to the original Disney versions of the characters. Yozora has a reason to travel to these different Disney worlds, to find the Nameless Star and to find/save Sora.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Quoting Spockanort, Mirrorverse and Twisted Wonderland is a thing, and they do have their own plot -while Twisted Wonderland is more like expies/based on the Disney Classics, Mirrorverse is flat out borrowing the Disney/Pixar characters into Warcraft-like word. And there is also Star Smash, another gacha where Mickey and Donald are basically advisor AI like SMT IV's Burrough or Devil Survivor 2's Ticos. Disney have been more lenient about their IPs lately, something that they just realized way after KH3 worlds are developed. The odds are small, yes, and no guarantee that Disney would be as lenient to KH as to with completely new IPs , but it's there.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Quoting Spockanort, Mirrorverse and Twisted Wonderland is a thing, and they do have their own plot -while Twisted Wonderland is more like expies/based on the Disney Classics, Mirrorverse is flat out borrowing the Disney/Pixar characters into Warcraft-like word. And there is also Star Smash, another gacha where Mickey and Donald are basically advisor AI like SMT IV's Burrough or Devil Survivor 2's Ticos. Disney have been more lenient about their IPs lately, something that they just realized way after KH3 worlds are developed. The odds are small, yes, and no guarantee that Disney would be as lenient to KH as to with completely new IPs , but it's there.

Yeah Spock put it wonderfully in that other thread about how we need to think of it almost like remakes of the remakes. Or even just the Square Enix versions of the original films. The latter is what I’d really love to see. A retelling of stories like Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, etc. but with the aesthetics and atmosphere of a Final Fantasy game.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Even if all the worlds are based on live action films I still think Disney will be a part of the next game. It's kind of the perfect opportunity for Nomura to use the films he was interested in such as the live action Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins

Awards
Part of the reason people are expecting more Square stuff is obviously Quadratum meaning Square, but also the bit about entering a "fictional" world, a FANTASY world, through the FINAL world.

As for me, this is the perfect excuse for Spidey to show up.

horto12485

Awards
What?!! But what about Treasure Planet, Atlantis, A Bug's Life, Raya, Coco, Incredibles, Emperor's New Groove, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Robin Hood, Aristocats, Bambi, Brother Bear, Pocahontas, Meet the Robinsons, Marvel/Star Wars and other Disney Properties what will happen to him we can't continue the Series without them

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What?!! But what about Treasure Planet, Atlantis, A Bug's Life, Raya, Coco, Incredibles, Emperor's New Groove, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Robin Hood, Aristocats, Bambi, Brother Bear, Pocahontas, Meet the Robinsons, Marvel/Star Wars and other Disney Properties what will happen to him we can't continue the Series without them

The rest of the cast are in the regular reality, they can visit those worlds or Sora can visit them when he escapes the Verum Rex world.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Yeah Spock put it wonderfully in that other thread about how we need to think of it almost like remakes of the remakes. Or even just the Square Enix versions of the original films. The latter is what I’d really love to see. A retelling of stories like Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, etc. but with the aesthetics and atmosphere of a Final Fantasy game.
So more like Twisted Wonderland than Mirrorverse then, where they are using expies (inspired characters) than directly borrowing the character, but with FF elements /atmosphere in contrast of Twisted Wonderland's Harry Potter vibes? (it's definitely Harry Potter Yana Toboso used to base Twisted Wonderland, and she's very obviously a Slytherin + Ravenclaw fan. That and some elements of Descendants and Persona.)

I wonder if we will get that, Twisted Wonderland , while yes it has amazing plot and has way more plot in 4 month than KHUX did in 4 years, it doesn't try to hide it's a VN with subpar gameplay (granted, it's a joshimuke game, companies think girls don't want gameplay how sexist) , I do hope they are not gonna sacrifice plot for gameplay, as I said before in another thread, plot can be known from elsewhere thanks to internet, but gameplay is irreplacable. That and how are they gonna do it TW way, when other KH games have been directly borrowing the characters?

Or are you talking about borrowing characters but make the Disney character more edgy/badass like Mirrorverse, but in the FF aeshtetic?The opposite of how Squall got "Disneyfied" for KH, and that KH Squall isnt the same person with FF8 Squall, but still Squall?

Back