• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Ask-a-Mod Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rainclouds

Awards
I've seen so many posts advertising things or pointless ramblings that are soon removed.
I assume this happens fairly often? Shame that there's such spam. And probably there's no way to stop it from happening?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've seen so many posts advertising things or pointless ramblings that are soon removed.
I assume this happens fairly often? Shame that there's such spam. And probably there's no way to stop it from happening?

We have a bunch of spam filters and spam software on, actually. It would be much worse if we didn't.

The only way for us to stop it is to ban half of Europe & Asia from our site which obviously we aren't too keen on OR make the site a verified registration forum where we manually approve new users which we don't want to do either.

Edit: I've gone ahead and made a few backend adjustments to see if things might slow down.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
A suggestion with the spam thing; I've heard of a few forums actually basically adding in a registration question, like with a FF forum, one of the questions would be "Who dies in FF7?"

I don't know if that kinda trick works anymore (Could use some easy KH trivia; And by that I mean questions that Joe Average KH Fan would know) but might be worth looking into. Even better is if the question could be random.

As for Quinton Flynn; someone has started a thread about it. CRAP..remind me never to follow his twitter. Being a woman on the internet, I've had enough troubles with creepers in my day.

PikaPal

Awards
Oh god, what's been going on with him? I heard about it this morning and if it's true, then I'm gonna be one upset person.

astertide

Awards
Why am I still receiving email notifications even after I've unchecked the following boxes?

1605472034390.png

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
A suggestion with the spam thing; I've heard of a few forums actually basically adding in a registration question, like with a FF forum, one of the questions would be "Who dies in FF7?"

I don't know if that kinda trick works anymore (Could use some easy KH trivia; And by that I mean questions that Joe Average KH Fan would know) but might be worth looking into. Even better is if the question could be random.

As for Quinton Flynn; someone has started a thread about it. CRAP..remind me never to follow his twitter. Being a woman on the internet, I've had enough troubles with creepers in my day.

I have made nearly all of our questions KH or Disney related but I think there are real people behind these spam bots doing the CAPTCHAs

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Sorry if these have been asked before but I‘m still not sure about how these work, so I was wondering:

1) How do the coloured names work?
2) In account details I can’t see the option to type in a custom title
3) How do awards work? do I need to be on the site for a certain amount of time before I can get one,because I really like the look of the one with Halloween town Sora.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sorry if these have been asked before but I‘m still not sure about how these work, so I was wondering:

1) How do the coloured names work?
2) In account details I can’t see the option to type in a custom title
3) How do awards work? do I need to be on the site for a certain amount of time before I can get one,because I really like the look of the one with Halloween town Sora.

1) Colored names are based on post count. As you post more, your name's color will change.
2) Custom titles are also a privilege after posting for awhile
3) You can click through to the following link and request awards. Some are limited time awards, some are earned, some are base on purchases you've made. https://www.khinsider.com/forums/index.php?award-system/list

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Back