• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► LEAKS discussion - ENTER AT OWN RISK

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

the red monster

Awards
Beat it earlier tonight. I'm so glad I avoided the spoilers, even though people all over made it sound like the new story stuff was going to be trash. I loved every single moment of it, I'm SUPER excited to see Phase 2 of the series, and once again I'm proven right in how reddit leakers explaining plot points =/= experiencing it for myself. That was heat.
Same. after seeing it for myself it was way better then what leaked.
still the biggest bait in the series but at least the execution was well done.

Foxycian

Awards
Ventus isnt a main character. He's a sora-lite and doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things thanks to DDD Xblade retcon.

Terra is the same way. I mean, he's the body of terranort who saw like 3 mins of screentime but otherwise he doesn't really matter for the plot lmao
Lmao you hit your head bro? All three of the wayfinders are protagonists, heck Both Terra and Ventus were (literally) the focus of birth by sleep story the most... Aqua may have gotten more stuff (like secret Episode And 0.2 and also being playable in Kh3) to the point that there is no deny that you can call her the true Main protagonist (since technically she is) but that doesn’t make the other two less important now, Ven was asleep and terra was possessed you can’t really play with them when they are in that situation... Despite being Asleep for 10 years Ventus is still important to the plot of kingdom hearts.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think y'all are thinking too literally with the live action films. They won't be exactly the same as the films. The rights for likeness would be insane and they wouldn't bring even a quarter of those actors in for recording so it would defeat the purpose.

Let's think bigger. It'll be remakes of the remakes. SE's Disney remakes. It's brilliant. It's outside of the Quadratum ;D

It'd be like if Nomura was allowed to make Disney stories how he wanted them to be with his own designs. It's what Disney is letting developers do at this point. Look at Mirrorverse and Twisted Wonderland.
Quadratum featuring Verum Rex, his own version of FINAL FANTASY, more specifically, his own version of Versus XIII, makes sense to assume that the unreal reality will have Nomura's version of Disney worlds.

Meaning that Quadratum being an unreal reality makes even more sense from a meta point of view: those Disney adaptions that'll happen there won't even be real in real world standards, lol.

TL;DR - Quadratum is the Tetsuya Nomura version of the MCU

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Riku and Kairi excited to see each other and David Gallagher speaking almost like a human being? I loved seeing it.

Kairi put in work, that was a great fight scene as far as KH scenes go.

I was kind of hoping TAV were being mostly pushed out of the story. I don't buy that Kairi needs to be trained by Aqua. That feels like a genuine disconnect from what we've been shown this year. Kairi's got that sizzlin' style. She's scrappy with a magical twist... She's somewhere between Sora and a magical princess in terms of her fighting style, and I really don't think Aqua's style would make it any better.

KH characters needing to 'train' to get power is so silly to me. Sora never trained, he went full neanderthal and bonked his way through the series without giving training a thought. He just got strong. Characters being sidelined for training just invites more idiotic Naruto comparisons.

Anyway, nice ending, overall. Hope Mickey going to Scala is a game and not a show.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Same. after seeing it for myself it was way better then what leaked.
still the biggest bait in the series but at least the execution was well done.

Right. And see, I can understand why people might feel upset, but let's not forget that in KH3, everyone told Sora the exact same thing lmao. But then Sora eventually said "screw it" and went in after Riku and Mickey anyway. Let's also not forget that the last time Riku dived into a place he didn't know about with somebody else, DDD happened and he spent the whole game separated from Sora. And look what happened to Sora at the end.

Add to the fact that he wouldn't have any idea about Sora and Kairi fighting Armored Xehanort in ReMind and... Yeah, no wonder the guy is hesitant. All Riku knows is that Kairi was destroyed, Sora went to save her, and even though she came back, he didn't. Imagine what must be going through Riku's mind when hearing that she wants to come along, given how much he doesn't know. The fact that he didn't know what the Final World is implies that Kairi never told him about what happened in detail either.

However, MoM makes it explicitly clear that she's not going to be in the backseat anymore. And I love this because it introduces an idea I've said on here constantly -- Make Kairi train with an actual Keyblade Master. I suggested Riku, but Aqua is actually a better choice. Aqua is the one that bequeathed a Keyblade to Kairi (accidentally), and Aqua seems to be the one that's most qualified to have an apprentice. Plus I mean, it'd be nice for Kairi to have somebody to look up to and relate to.

So I mean... I get why people might be iffy on Kairi's current direction, but Melody of Memory is clearly setting things up for Kairi to take center stage. Nomura can't walk this back now, and I think he knows it, especially after how disappointed people were with Kairi in Vanilla KH3.

Quadratum featuring Verum Rex, his own version of FINAL FANTASY, more specifically, his own version of Versus XIII, makes sense to assume that the unreal reality will have Nomura's version of Disney worlds.

Meaning that Quadratum being an unreal reality makes even more sense from a meta point of view: those Disney adaptions that'll happen there won't even be real in real world standards, lol.

TL;DR - Quadratum is the Tetsuya Nomura version of the MCU

Watch Star Smash be related to Quadratum somehow.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This right here is what I really want to see. Disney stories adapted with a “live action” aesthetic that are truly new reimaginings of the stories. I think this approach would give him the freedom he needs to better integrate the Disney properties into the main story too if he wants.

I can’t help but compare the concept in my head to how Nomura often redesigns Marvel characters and such as if they were from a Final Fantasy game. This could be like that but in an actual game.

It was Nomura’s designs that I was thinking about as I wrote that post! I was also thinking about how KH came to be because Nomura’s Batman game got cancelled by WB...He’s had these opportunities to create and design all sorts of characters as he wishes, but in KH, Disney has been something he has very little control over.

With Disney loosening the reigns on developers and allowing them to go wild with their IP to create new, unique experiences that are not bound by the internal guidelines Disney has for their properties is something I can easily imagine Nomura wanting to take advantage of while the freedom exists.

And I think allowing him to shape classic Disney stories as he wishes for one game (because we know once things are back in the “reality” of KH, it’ll be back to our familiar Disney films) is the sort of thing he’s been hoping to get the chance to do. KH3 was a great show of how he and the development team could replicate the original properties faithfully and also craft unique stories within the scope of those stories, and now is a perfect chance to prove they can also create their own unique versions of these iconic characters that still carry the heart of what makes them great.

I can’t also help but think of Disney’s book series “A Twisted Tale” which happens to depict stories about popular Disney IP if “X” happened instead of “Y”. What if Belle’s mom was the enchantress? What if Anna was raised as a commoner to protect her from her past memories? What if Ariel never defeated Ursula? What if Shang died and Mulan had to go to the realm of the dead to save him?

These stories still embody what fans know and love about these Disney properties, but they are unique retellings that explore new ideas.

Letting Nomura do this would be such a big thing and I honestly would welcome it. Nomura can get a little wild and crazy and definitely needs some reigning in at times, but I think there is merit to this idea.

So, user drazyvonia from Tumblr actually did a really cool gifset, showing how Kairi's fight with Master Xehanort in MoM was almost exactly like Cloud's versus Sephiroth in the FFVII Remake (at the Edge of Creation):

]

Nomura literally out here trying to save some money by having Osaka borrow existing fight animations from Tokyo. Give the man a budget, Disney.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
The humorous irony to Kairi being sent to train with Aqua is literally to get both girls out of the way of the main plot going on starting with the next game. And with Aqua out of the way, you lose the centerpiece of the BBS trio that holds it together so Terra and Ventus get thrown to the side with her. The "BBS2" and DDD2 starring Kairi" ideas getting shattered in one foul swoop. Nomura is such a savage haha.

Last edited:

Katsagu

Awards
Finished the game, I held off on watching the cutscenes and they play out in a very cool way. Do the movements of the characters seem...different to anyone helse? Like they motion captured them or something.

Also, bring on that damn RIKU GAME!!!! That giant beam of light and hearing the star got me so hype.

e3054e02cc8a5b9c299cb64cd644565889a0013d.gifv

Still sucks a bit for kairi, but oh well. She is gonna learn under master Aqua.

LoneFox

Awards
The humorous irony to Kairi being sent to train with Aqua is literally to get both girls out of the way of the main plot going on starting with the next game. And with Aqua out of the way, you lose the centerpiece of the BBS trio that holds it together so Terra and Ventus get thrown to the side with her. The "BBS2" and DDD2 starring Kairi" ideas getting shattered in one foul swoop. Nomura is such a savage haha.
You may have the right idea here, especially about getting Aqua out of the way. However, if so, its purpose won't be sidelining Ven, but preventing Aqua from stealing the show from him. Ven has at least two, possibly three important tasks ahead of him. First, it seems clear that Vanitas still exists in some form, and Ven must stop him from causing harm to others, reclaim his darkness and put it under control. Second, Ven is one of the union leaders, so we can expect him to have some part in Brain's plan. Third, Ven may have some role in Lauriam's quest to resurrect Strelitzia as well. All this should be Ven's own responsibility, and if Aqua is with him, she would end up doing a bit too much for him.

I'm not sure where these ideas about "BBS2" or "DDD2 starring Kairi" come from. To my knowledge, there is exactly zero evidence supporting either of them.

Awards
KH characters needing to 'train' to get power is so silly to me. Sora never trained, he went full neanderthal and bonked his way through the series without giving training a thought. He just got strong. Characters being sidelined for training just invites more idiotic Naruto comparisons.
I mean, technically Sora did train if you count a few years worth of play fights between four different kids with a wooden sword as training.

I dunno, I usually split training into two definitions. Formal and Informal.

Kairi is getting formal training from an actual keyblade wielder this time too, instead of just Merlin dumping her and Axel into a safe forest environment with no one but the two of em.

But that aside, the fact that MX complimented her skill even though she didn't even land a hit on him was cool.
So, user drazyvonia from Tumblr actually did a really cool gifset, showing how Kairi's fight with Master Xehanort in MoM was almost exactly like Cloud's versus Sephiroth in the FFVII Remake (at the Edge of Creation):

Crazy how we've gone from Sora and Cloud comparisons to Kairi and Cloud comparisons.

Hell I'd even say Kairi not landing a hit on MX is more believable than Cloud not landing a hit on Sephiroth despite beating his ass moments prior.

Last edited:

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I'm not sure where these ideas about "BBS2" or "DDD2 starring Kairi" come from. To my knowledge, there is exactly zero evidence supporting either of them.
Thing is after ReMIND came out along with Nomura announcing there were two new teams working on KH games, there was a number of people speculating that they'd be DDD2 starring Kairi and BBS2. The basis for the former while weak atleast had somewhat of a basis as Nomura mentioned that some of the groundwork for one of the 2 new games was based on the title screen for ReMIND which had Sora and Kairi with the paopu fruit. But people forgot that some basis =/= all basis. Then for the latter(BBS2 lol) there was literally nothing indicating that this was going to be a thing especially when 0.2 was as close to a BBS2 as we'd ever get. Some people mistook TAV going to the RoD as "basis" for an entire game about that when it was actually the opposite and just a way to get them along with the Twilight Town gang out of the way and for them to waste their time failing to find Sora while Riku, Kairi and Nameless Star would be the ones to hold the actual clues to Sora's location. And now that they served their purpose, Riku can finally go and properly look for Sora.

So these "DDD2 starring Kairi and BBS2" games were simply speculation with little to no basis for them and what we got was MoM which has Kairi as the narrator(was originally going to be Chirithy haha) and thanks to that it's leading us into the next game after that which is likely the Quadratum/other side game with Sora, Riku and Yozora(assuming that's being worked on by the other new team instead of the Osaka team if KH4 isn't their new project)

But you do make a good point about Ventus though. I guess he still has a little more merit than Aqua and Terra going forward now with his whole ancient past and Vanitas/Darkness nonsense. But even that I wouldn't be surprised if Sora's the one who's stealing the show for that one instead of Ventus. I mean you had Ephemera giving more of a damn about Sora than Ventus in KH3 lol.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
So basically the Disney worlds will be mediocre or bad?

I'd take Nomura improving the story of an awful Disney property as opposed to ruining a good Disney property. Pirates of the Caribbean 3 was one of the most enjoyable gameplay segment whilst The Hunchback of Notre Dame was one of the most underwhelming gameplay segments.

Are you saying that because of your nostalgia for the original release? Because many people hate on TLKre and Mulanre for the lack of IcOniC SonGs and other silly aspects that cannot be expected to be retained 20+ years on.

Oh, you seriously liked that movie? Like, unironically like the movie?

The Live Action Remakes as Disney Worlds?! Hah! Don't be no P.S. There'll never be live Action Remakes of famous Disney Animated Films Worlds and P.S.S. they'll never add them because if they do then it'll make no sense.

Nomura mentioned here how he would like to see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland adapted...

Nomura: "In terms of favourite movies then, I like Lion King. Something more recent would be Alice in Wonderland; it'd be kind of cool to have The White Queen appear in Kingdom Hearts".

horto12485

Awards
I'd take Nomura improving the story of an awful Disney property as opposed to ruining a good Disney property. Pirates of the Caribbean 3 was one of the most enjoyable gameplay segment whilst The Hunchback of Notre Dame was one of the most underwhelming gameplay segments.

Oh, you seriously liked that movie? Like, unironically like the movie?

Nomura mentioned here how he would like to see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland adapted...

Nomura: "In terms of favourite movies then, I like Lion King. Something more recent would be Alice in Wonderland; it'd be kind of cool to have The White Queen appear in Kingdom Hearts".

So instead of Returning to the Animated Pride Lands for the Simba's Pride Storyline it'll be replaced by the CGI Remake of the Lion King instead.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Yes I unironically liked it. It wasn't the same as TLK and I admit I prefer the original even now, but when I view it on its own merits I think it is a really strong movie. At least a 6.5/10

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So instead of Returning to the Animated Pride Lands for the Simba's Pride Storyline it'll be replaced by the CGI Remake of the Lion King instead.

No one is advocating that “live action” worlds permanently replace the animated ones. Any game set in the main KH universe would still feature these properties.

Nukara

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Or just the unreal. I had theorized that, possibly, each Worldline/Reality has a Sora of its own. KINGDOM HEARTS has Sora, while Quadratum has Yozora. Sora is Sora, Yozora is Unreal!Sora.

Cumguardian69

Awards
What if Yozora doesnt come from Quadra. Remember, NS says that "Yozora" was bodyhopped. And the way Yozora talks about "Sora" seems like he was disinterested/annoyed. Very interesting.

Back