• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Post-MOM Theories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

sdr27

Awards
It was just the cutscene staff that helped. This is actually the breakdown.

Which is:

1) UX + DR
2) "from them one title will be coming surprisingly soon" = MOM
3) KH3 team which has moved onto their unannounced project
4) The one mysterious team

(It's safe to say either Osaka or the mysterious team are working on the Disney+ series and the other is an actual game)

Yeah, that would my guess too. I rather have Osaka work on the next game since they have the most experience already. As for the Disney+ series, This is my hypothesis and assuming it is not a retelling of the series. They could dedicate a season for each trio and see what they been up to in that year. It could also help with the content drought between The next game and KH4

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I honestly think it's more likely this Disney+ series will be a retelling of KH1. A way to get in new fans who have never touched a KH game before and Disney+ has more than 60 million subscribers worldwide. That's a large pool of people to pull from and if it's a success, those subscribers who haven't touched a KH game, would want to start getting into the games.

The Kid

Awards
My predictions:

1) Next game will be DDD 2.0 in the quadrilateral place with a command style combat system a la BBS and DDD
2) The Disney+ show will focus on Mickey and what he's doing. I'm predicting this just based on the fact that Mickey makes a much better lead for a TV show than some anime kids
3) Maybe one more side game after that but if not, KH4 comes out soon and it goes returns to Sora, Donald, Goofy party

I don't see there ever really being a quasi-remake of KH1 even on TV because Nomura and SE just don't work like that. They'd probably pull a FF7R and reveal that it's actually a sequel/reboot to the current KH saga in the show

Nukara

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I honestly think it's more likely this Disney+ series will be a retelling of KH1. A way to get in new fans who have never touched a KH game before and Disney+ has more than 60 million subscribers worldwide. That's a large pool of people to pull from and if it's a success, those subscribers who haven't touched a KH game, would want to start getting into the games.

I can see the different seasons representing the different games in the franchise. However, I believe there's going to be no Final Fantasy or TWEWY characters as this series would rather flesh out the original cast.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Just beat the main story a little while ago.
If one of upcoming games is assuredly Riku and Sora/Yozora in Quadratum, then I hope another is centered on Aqua and Kairi that involves Subject X. I think there could be a story there that would also loop in the Twilight Town gang with Lea and Isa’s connection to Subject X.

Then the Disney+ series with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy on their mission to learn more about the Ancient Keyblade Masters maybe?

To add on to this a bit, with Luxu and the Foretellers also being active in the Realm of Light again, I think there is a lot they could explore while Sora and Riku are out of reality. It’d be nice to get the ball rolling with that to show the world doesn’t stop turning just because those two aren’t around to save it. Then when they do get back to reality, they can be thrust right back into the action.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Just beat the main story a little while ago.

To add on to this a bit, with Luxu and the Foretellers also being active in the Realm of Light again, I think there is a lot they could explore while Sora and Riku are out of reality. It’d be nice to get the ball rolling with that to show the world doesn’t stop turning just because those two aren’t around to save it. Then when they do get back to reality, they can be thrust right back into the action.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I also think that Riku will encounter Subject X. She was probably sent to Quadratum, which explains why Xehanort gave Kairi that speech before throwing her into space.

I don’t think so going off the Secret Report she wrote. She says she was taken away by Luxu (presumably) and she writes that it has been years since that happened, suggesting her writing it was fairly recent. I also figure she had to be in reality when writing it for us to be able to find it. So I think she is most likely still somewhere on the reality side.

Also, Xehanort didn’t have anything to do with her disappearance. If he thought she was there, I don’t think Ansem SoD would have interrogated Ansem the Wise about her whereabouts.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don’t think so going off the Secret Report she wrote. She says she was taken away by Luxu (presumably) and she writes that it has been years since that happened, suggesting her writing it was fairly recent. I also figure she had to be in reality when writing it for us to be able to find it. So I think she is most likely still somewhere on the reality side.

Also, Xehanort didn’t have anything to do with her disappearance. If he thought she was there, I don’t think Ansem SoD would have interrogated Ansem the Wise about her whereabouts.
That's true. And since Ansem the Wise clearly didn't reveal anything about unreality, it must have been Luxu who took her and she's in reality somewhere.

Well I feel like Riku will encounter someone that we know (probably
Spoiler Spoiler Show
).

GreyouTT

Awards
Alright

Can we call Yozora a Final Fantasy rep now? He's literally from a place called Square in a realm of Fantasy and made from material of a cancelled FF project (and even in scenes that are 1:1 the promo material). The boy even has a Chocobo zipper.

AegisXIII

Awards
I have a theory but I do not know if someone already got the same.

They mentioned that this fictional world is another reality. And there has been huge emphasis with the reflection in the water of the final world (camera rotating 180 degrees so that you do not know which one is the true Kairi).

So this is another reality
Yozora is looking to save Sora which is speculated to be the name of the nameless star
Yozora looks like Riku
The driver of Yozora has Luxord voice

What if this other reality will have a duplicate of each character we know from KH having completely different lives, completely different plotlines, completely different personalities?
This is the ultimate fanfiction within a fanfiction.

Tobi

Awards
What if this other reality will have a duplicate of each character we know from KH having completely different lives, completely different plotlines, completely different personalities?
Already had that thought in the other thread and yes, that can very easily happen. Duplicates are easily imaginable both because its basically an AU and Nomura is the writer.

But more than that, the world/ the other reality itself could have completly new rules to concepts we already know. There shouldn't be Heartless and such creatures, since the Realm of Darkness is supposed to be only on the side of reality we know of (together with the Realm of Light, Dreams and such). And so without a World of Light or Darkness, what can we aspect on the other side regarding these elements in this unreality?

Katsagu

Awards

This legit scares me so much haha

The last thing we need is more versions of these characters.

kingdom-hearts-characters-renamed.jpg

Just add "Fictional Sora" to the list haha

But that part about Yozora and Riku being alternates makes sense, since both are trying to save sora.

Tobi

Awards
Thinking about it, the Foretellers, don't they have underneath their masks the faces of familiar characters? It was once shown here (not this thread, somewhere in the KH3 part I think), through some assets if I'm remembering correctly. Since one of them had the face of Ansem SoD it was debunked (mostly? to a part?) as placeholders. But the other faces were the ones of Kairi (Ava), Terra (Aced), Aqua (Invi) and Ventus/ Roxas (Gulla). It's still farfetched, since it would also need some reality swapping, memory loss/manipulation (they atleast never hinted at originating from somewhere else) and difference in time flows between the realitys to make it possible (which aside from the last one is with MoM as their master not completly impossible I would say), but we could already have our AU variants. The only one who is giving me trouble on this thought is Ira. I mean body hopping seems to be a thing too, but an AU where they have (or better had) a Xehanort/Ansem Seeker of Light?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I have a theory but I do not know if someone already got the same.

They mentioned that this fictional world is another reality. And there has been huge emphasis with the reflection in the water of the final world (camera rotating 180 degrees so that you do not know which one is the true Kairi).

So this is another reality
Yozora is looking to save Sora which is speculated to be the name of the nameless star
Yozora looks like Riku
The driver of Yozora has Luxord voice

The only thing about the Nameless Star is that I feel like she would have mentioned that her name was Sora, after several people mention the name "Sora" to her. I don't think there'd be any reason to hide her identity to people trying to help her. However, it would reflect Riku/Yozora trying to save a Sora.

Yozora being the unreality's Riku makes sense. I theorized for a while that Riku/Yozora were connected somehow. I think Yozora is the Riku of unreality - however the events of unreality unfolded differently. Yozora says the opening lines of KH1 - which I assume Riku would have (instead of Sora) IF he didn't succumb to darkness.

I don't know what to think about the Luxord thing. Xemnas seems sure that Luxord has connections to the ancient keyblade past. Which would mean he is from the past in reality. Does that mean in unreality, there is some sort of similar war going on without keyblades?

This makes me remember what MoM did in the secret video: he put his hands over the unreality moon to look like Kingdom Hearts. What if that's saying unreality doesn't have a Kingdom Hearts or MoM plans to create a Kingdom Hearts in unreality?

astertide

Awards
This legit scares me so much haha

The last thing we need is more versions of these characters.

kingdom-hearts-characters-renamed.jpg

Just add "Fictional Sora" to the list haha

But that part about Yozora and Riku being alternates makes sense, since both are trying to save sora.

There's a ReMind version of that video. Now there's also "Digi-Sora Part Two" from LimitCut.

I guess there could also be a "Kairi-Dream-Sora" from MoM .-.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Here's some of my theories that are more than likely wrong but I'm going to give a crack at it.

This is just based on everything we know just at this point. Includes some Dark Road and Union X stuff.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

astertide

Awards
Introduction

All I'm going to say in the following is going off the assumption that the Nameless Star is the girl shown in the Verum Rex trailer, as she mentions both Yozora and a city with tall buildings, and she's apparently from "the other side".

Full post. Warning: Very long.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Summary.
If everything too long for you to read, just read this part lmao

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It's gonna be live action worlds (but slightly different because they can't afford to pay likeness fees for every single actor in those movies lol). It'll be a soft remake of KH1 but way more dark.

But I'm just cribbing Antifa Lockhart's ideas as always~
Huuuuh...

A KINGDOM HEARTS soft-reboot using live action worlds with Riku probably as protagonist, who was the original Kingdom Key wielder, makes a looooooot of sense. Especially if you take into account that this could be a DDD Vol. 2 with Riku/Sora or Riku/Yozora. Hell, maybe a DDD/BBS Vol. 2: Riku/Sora main game, but there's a Secret Episode where you play as Yozora.

I can see the different seasons representing the different games in the franchise. However, I believe there's going to be no Final Fantasy or TWEWY characters as this series would rather flesh out the original cast.
Now that I think about it:
KINGDOM HEARTS could have, not one, but TWO reboots:
* Riku/Sora/Yozora soft-reboot with live action worlds
* Mickey Disney+ show centered on exploring KH1 worlds in order to find out about Sora/Lost Master

Good way to get new fans into the series.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Oy…I spend one day breaking my new laptop in, and ideas are already popping everywhere, from feasible ones to questionably impossible.
(Wall of Text about Yozora=Riku and KH)
I’d agree to that if it wasn’t for the name. Getting the elephant out of the room, blah blah blah Noctis and Versus so on and so forth yadayada, Yozora’s name ultimately stems from a connection to Sora. Other than that white hair and the black clothes, which somehow became a fashion statement since II, I’m still skeptical on who’s tied to who.

Well, KH is referred to as the “unseen land” in the game. It’s most likely they don’t have a KH there, or if there is, it’s most likely unseen too and deep within their world and since it might be unseen, how do they know it’s even there? Unless, of course, the ancient wielders of the past either a) blabbed, or b) some of the were ancestors to the current residents of that unreality. The problem is, and while we don’t know if it is for certain since the characters are only theorizing, that world is beyond light and darkness. If the components aren’t there to begin with, how can the finished product (or origin?) even exist?

(Reincarnation Theory 2.0)
No! We are not doing this again. No way.

(Luxu and the Foretellers)
I’m going to be honest; I’m more interested in Yozora’s story than a bunch of rehashed screw-ups who failed momentously on doing one simple job and sending innumerable child soldiers to their deaths. I don’t care about their war crimes; I’m just bored of them because they should’ve just died a looong time ago.

However, they’re there, Luxu brought them back, and we have a new rulebook on 4D chess. So I have to think about that too.

What I want to know is, why would they want to bring back the Master to that particular point in time, and why couldn’t the Master just do it himself? Luxu’s report implies that not only did he want to bring the others back, but also the Master, who clearly wasn’t missing at all and not trapped in another worldline. The guy practically comes and goes as he pleases, and seems deathless, or at least ageless. Is it because Luxu can body swap and therefore there’s someone to remember the Master? Then why bring the other foretellers back?

I think that’s about it.

Finally, why is the insignia on Yozora’s coat/jacket designed the way it is?

Last edited:
Back