• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

StarSmash

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

blank points

Awards
So I wasn't really sure where to put this, seeing as this is not technically KH related, but I was curious if anyone has seen this yet. So apparently, Disney and XFLAG have announced a mobile game called StarSmash, featuring anime-designed characters teaming up with Disney characters drawn in an anime style. Here's the trailer.

I don't quite know what to make of this. It looks cool, but it does look like something of a rip-off of KH, seeing as two of the main characters look very similar to Sora and Kairi.

Thoughts on this?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think it looks cool as well. I never thought I'd see JRPG characters in a Disney game outside of Kingdom Hearts but this is a pleasant surprise

In regards to the two characters looking like Sora and Kairi I think it might be a homage instead of a rip off

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Not sure what to think of it yet. I most likely won't play it because mobile games aren't my thing.
The characters do look strikingly like KH characters, especially the main brown haired one and the girl.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The design of those two main characters in the animation definitely made me raise an eyebrow, especially considering how different they look in the keyart (but then there's separate character art that resembles the anime more so it just seems like the artists aren't all on the same page or something)

main_vis.png

I like the card artwork for the Disney characters though.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So I wasn't really sure where to put this, seeing as this is not technically KH related, but I was curious if anyone has seen this yet. So apparently, Disney and XFLAG have announced a mobile game called StarSmash, featuring anime-designed characters teaming up with Disney characters drawn in an anime style. Here's the trailer.

I don't quite know what to make of this. It looks cool, but it does look like something of a rip-off of KH, seeing as two of the main characters look very similar to Sora and Kairi.

Thoughts on this?
You should see Disney Fantasy Online, a Chinese only MMO that....well see for yourself.

sX3q609.png

125351220896b.jpg

4.jpg

(that last pic is "Jade City" seemingly the game's central hub. With a distinguishing fountain in the center of town. This was in 2009 FYI)

I swear to God, there was a CG trailer for this or another Chinese or Korean Disney game that had monsters that were flat out heartless but I can't find it. Or any video on this game for that matter.

blank points

Awards
Ok wow, now that IS a blatant rip-off right there. Compared to that, StarSmash does seem like more of a homage, as Zettaflare said. The worst part is, is that actually looks kind of fun. Although I'm not typically a MMO fan, if KH ever got a proper one, I would consider trying it.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
At the risk of offending staff and facing a ban…

It’s Made in China. That already says a lot about its originality and artistic integrity.

Back to Star Smash…it does look good. I’m betting it’s never coming outside of Japan though, kinda like that other Disney game with the sexy guys, forgot the name. I don’t have the best memory…

That said, I’d have liked to try it, though I’ve never been into Oh! great’s manga.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
so apparently this is the year where Disney realized KHUX was a mistake for being the kind of gacha that sells weapons, that among the weebs/the japanese the horny ppl are the ones with money and the one who are willing to spend, and thus off they go to another company to make gachas that sells husbandos instead.

That or generally SE gachas are so badly managed.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
so apparently this is the year where Disney realized KHUX was a mistake for being the kind of gacha that sells weapons, that among the weebs/the japanese the horny ppl are the ones with money and the one who are willing to spend, and thus off they go to another company to make gachas that sells husbandos instead.
They've been racking in the Sven dough over on Sorcerer's Arena.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In response Nomura needs to launch a new mobile game where the KH characters wear swimsuits and are shirtless and have some cool costumes. Nothing else matters.

Twisted Wonderland is the one game I would kill for them to replicate in some way or manner. Or get KH characters into Mirrorverse because holy shit.

Back