• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

pastel.goblin

Awards
To be clear I'm not actually advocating for Rikushi, it's just an example of people cherry picking what they consider ship evidence.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
1) Sora/Neku 🔥
2) Sora/Rapunzel 😍 🐦✨🥳
3) Sora/Pence ("I don't understand anything you're saying about that computer thingy but it's making my crush worse""Alright alright, come here, but don't touch anything." They cuddle while Pence keeps typing away.) 🤗

EDIT: Just removed Sora/Ariel, because I like them better as BFFs / dynamic duo than romantic duo, but I totally support this ship.

Last edited:

Hedginka

Awards
Well since this is the official topic now, I better throw my two cents in.

1) Sora/Rapunzel - I'm not in the first 10,000 people who have said it, but their chemistry really was on another level. From the moment they first met, it seemed to be an active mission of Sora's to make her happy. Heck, when they get separated, while running around the forest, one of Sora's possible pieces of dialogue is, "Rapunzel, please be okay." He straight up singles her out, not even mentioning Eugene. The ship is just too easy. If both characters were the same gender, tumblr would be all over them.

2) Sora/Ariel - The predecessor to Sora/Rapunzel in a way. The fact that Sora dancing with a redheaded Princess who isn't Kairi is canon is kind of amazing, honestly. Even though it's not a popular ship, I feel like everyone has at least thought about it once or twice. Certainly if they're heterosexual.

3) Sora/Ventus - It's an extremely cute, wholesome concept. That's all I have to say.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm not much of a shipper, but for a while I quite liked Larxene and Axel. I just really enjoy how the two play off each other, though I don't think it'd be a healthy relationship. They just seem to have fun banter. Not sure they still would seeing Axel has changed a lot since CoM.

EDIT: Just removed Sora/Ariel, because I like them better as BFFs / dynamic duo than romantic duo, but I totally support this ship.

Well you could just friendship them. But yeah before Rapunzel Ariel was probably the princess/party member he clicked with the most.
I deleted a post from a page ago about ships that feature Sora separate from Kairi and Riku. Sora / Neku was one of mine, too. :D

Oh, I'm kind of curious as to the reason. I'm guessing their opposing personalities?

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I'm not much of a shipper, but for a while I quite liked Larxene and Axel. I just really enjoy how the two play off each other, though I don't think it'd be a healthy relationship. They just seem to have fun banter. Not sure they still would seeing Axel has changed a lot since CoM.
Interesting! Maybe with Elrena it could still work.

Well you could just friendship them. But yeah before Rapunzel Ariel was probably the princess/party member he clicked with the most.
I do friendSHIP them :D Definitely!

Oh, I'm kind of curious as to the reason. I'm guessing their opposing personalities?
The flirting is strong in DDD. Reserved smiles and big grins. And I love how Sora gets right through Neku's natural distrust of people.

I deleted a post from a page ago about ships that feature Sora separate from Kairi and Riku. Sora / Neku was one of mine, too. :D
What are the others? 👀

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Interesting! Maybe with Elrena it could still work.

Maybe, but I feel like now that both characters are supposed to be good, the banter won't have the same energy. Though just because UX Elrena was nice-ish, doesn't mean she'll have to stop being savage in the modern era, I suppose.

I do friendSHIP them :D Definitely!

I feel like there needs to be a snappy word for platnic shipping.

The flirting is strong in DDD. Reserved smiles and big grins. And I love how Sora gets right through Neku's natural distrust of people.
You know I didn't really pick up on it, but I can kind of see how Sora being so smiley and eager to befriend Neku, could be seen as a crush. Honestly given Sora's personality I think shipping him with anyone should be pretty easy.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Dude, I loved them. Aside from them having great banter, Larxene just not giving a damn and trespassing his personal space was hilarious to me. She definitely had the hots for him.

After the betrayal, probably not so much.

I just wished they (Marluxia and Larxene) could have interacted or clashed with Lea. This whole thing Nomura is doing of trying to ignore how much of a manipulative utter asshat Axel was in CoM just comes off as very dusting it under the rug. Even and Ienzo simply not minding what he did is bonkers to me. Whether it turned you human or not, he still very gleefully made sure you bit the bucket in the most cruel way. It's forced happy ending without answering to your actions. Like Riku to Roxas.

Oh no, that annoys me more aha. I was just surprised by the Terraqua stuff since I'd never heard it myself, and dismissing a ship over pure speculation is stupid too. I've said it before but I still find it odd how a lot of Days canon seems to have been forgotten when it comes to shipping, and that whole Riku/Naminé thing unfortunately comes up all the time. Riku canonically spent more time with and showed more concern for Xion than Naminé in Days, yet a lot of people act like Rikushi is some obscure crack ship and Rikunami is canon 🤨

It's pretty blatant to me, and it coincides with the uncertainty and insecurity that I mentioned before, that RikuNami is more of "let's get this bitch out the way" than anything. There's nothing about them that is inherently romantic in the entire saga and it is not the behavior of someone who likes or is interested in another person.

.:Mega:.

Awards
Eh, I have friends who ship RikuNami and like Namine as a character. They like the idea of the two finding comfort in each other despite DiZ being... well, DiZ, as well as their cute interactions during CoM. So that's valid, tbh? Riku is still kind to Namine, even in KH2 (he lets her and Axel go, showing at the very least he's not sinking to DiZ's level).

I personally don't think they have a romantic bond (and I think RepliNami has a more fascinating dynamic to work with), but I just don't agree w/ the ship being a pair the spares thing when so many of my friends like it for genuine reasons.

palizinhas

Awards
I think there's definitely a lot of pair the spares kinda thing in every fandom including kh, but RikuNami is definitely not the first to come to mind. That's Kailette. It is a cute ship, but it's the second most popular kh femslash ship to get Kairi out of the way.

I like Rikunami fine, tbh. It's far from being my favorite ship for either of those characters (my favorite Naminé ship is Naminé/Xion, and my favorite Riku ship is Riku/Kairi), but it's not the worst ship in the series by far.

Also I did a kh femslash event on tumblr earlier this year that I was pretty much the only one participating, and you know what dynamic I came out of it shipping? Maleficent/Fairy Godmother. 10/10 would read a long fic about.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
What are the others? 👀
Really just Sora / Namine and Sora / Roxas. If Treasure Planet ever appears in KH, I imagine myself shipping Sora / Jim; it helps that he doesn't have a love interest of his own. I think TP is a flawed movie, but Jim was always one of my favorite Disney characters growing up.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Eh, I have friends who ship RikuNami and like Namine as a character. They like the idea of the two finding comfort in each other despite DiZ being... well, DiZ, as well as their cute interactions during CoM. So that's valid, tbh? Riku is still kind to Namine, even in KH2 (he lets her and Axel go, showing at the very least he's not sinking to DiZ's level).

I personally don't think they have a romantic bond (and I think RepliNami has a more fascinating dynamic to work with), but I just don't agree w/ the ship being a pair the spares thing when so many of my friends like it for genuine reasons.

There's no doubt that those who ship RokuShi give Naminè over to Riku despite the lack of interest and Nomura's interview. Liking it is one thing, proclaiming it as canon when the guy could not be bothered with her the majority of KHIII itself until post-Repliku is another. And that was just completing his promise to him.

Also, I don't find him that much better than Diz. He allowed the abuse because she needed to help Sora and manhandled her like he did. The only line he didn't cross and it was one he had to take a stand on is actually killing her. Which is, uh, great...I guess.

Riku has the Axel immunity.

That's Kailette. It is a cute ship, but it's the second most popular kh femslash ship to get Kairi out of the way.

What. Really?

Not even Selphie? xD

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Dude, I loved them. Aside from them having great banter, Larxene just not giving a damn and trespassing his personal space was hilarious to me. She definitely had the hots for him.

After the betrayal, probably not so much.
Yeah, as a more villainous pairing they'd be pretty entertaining.

Well what's a bit of backstabbing among traitors? I'm sure they'd work it out.

But honestly it's weird to me that they're now framing it as if Larxene was into Marluxia, when she and Axel seemed to be hitting it off so much better in CoM.

I just wished they (Marluxia and Larxene) could have interacted or clashed with Lea. This whole thing Nomura is doing of trying to ignore how much of a manipulative utter asshat Axel was in CoM just comes off as very dusting it under the rug. Even and Ienzo simply not minding what he did is bonkers to me. Whether it turned you human or not, he still very gleefully made sure you bit the bucket in the most cruel way. It's forced happy ending without answering to your actions. Like Riku to Roxas.
This is something I find rather frustrating with KH's story telling. There's a lot of interesting dynamics that are established over the years, but they're either not utilized or glossed over. Like what you mentioned here.

Often it feels like instead of having characters actually work things out and get to that point, the story just skips to where it wants the characters to be. Ansem and his apprentices are a good example, yes you can have them working in the labs again, but there's some ground work that needs to be done to get them there. Same with what you mentioned between Riku and Roxas, you can have them or even Xion and Isa, get along, but there's somethings that need to be addressed first.

I'd have found it more interesting, if Mickey was with Riku fighting off Ansem, Repliku and Xigbar, leaving Axel and Kairi to face Marluxia and Larxene. You could have Marly and Larx holding a grudge against Axel, while Kairi feels Naminé's fear at the sight of her abusers. This would also give us the added benefit of having Axel and Kairi be party members for a full fight.

palizinhas

Awards
What. Really?

Not even Selphie? xD
The whole thing is honestly so weird. I see on twitter a lot people going "and Kairi's gay for Olette" and I just... Olette is barely a character? It feels like wanting to ship Kairi with a girl so she won't get in the way of Soriku, but also not wanting her to get in the way of Naminé/Xion, so due to the lack of original female characters in KH that are age-appropriate for Kairi... Kailette was born.

Awards
Idk. Not everyone who ships RokuShi ships Namiku. That seems like a bit of an unfair generalization? Hell, I like RokuShi (it's probably my fav Roxas ship), but I'm more of a RepliNami and RiKai kinda person.

I'm not saying people should proclaim it as canon or that Riku is faultless by any stretch. He made a LOT of questionable choices between Days and KH2. But I feel like shipping RokuShi doesn't mean shoving Namine "out of the way," either? Idk. Something about that rubs me the wrong way 'cause I was never fond of the mentality of characters being obstacles for the ships people wanna like.

Anyway, re: ships w/o Riku and Kairi, I find VenSo to be charming, Sora and Raps have great chemistry, and I saw a fic once in passing that had Sora and Hiro and while I haven't gotten to reading it yet, I am intrigued.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I feel like there needs to be a snappy word for platnic shipping.
There's brOTP for guys, I guess?

Also I did a kh femslash event on tumblr earlier this year that I was pretty much the only one participating, and you know what dynamic I came out of it shipping? Maleficent/Fairy Godmother. 10/10 would read a long fic about.
Tell. Me. MORE 👀 👀 👀 That's an awesome ship!

Also could you link that event?

I never understood Kailette. I am really uneasy when femslash is just there to get the canon love interest out of the way.

and I saw a fic once in passing that had Sora and Hiro and while I haven't gotten to reading it yet, I am intrigued.
Ohhh that sounds super cute, too! I knew I was forgetting someone in my list of Sora ships. I definitely thought about it while playing KH3.

Really just Sora / Namine and Sora / Roxas. If Treasure Planet ever appears in KH, I imagine myself shipping Sora / Jim; it helps that he doesn't have a love interest of his own. I think TP is a flawed movie, but Jim was always one of my favorite Disney characters growing up.
Sora/Jim? Yeah, I'm sure I'd ship them by the end of the world if there is a TP world one day. Now that I think about it, I'm glad TP wasn't in DDD. There wouldn't have been enough room to fully develop Jim and his dynamic with either Riku or Sora. I love that movie, and I LOVED that Jim had no love interest.

Last edited:

palizinhas

Awards
I like Sora/Hiro! I just think it sounds cute, and seeing Sora be completely clueless about Hiro's tech stuff but still helping him become a better hero is a great dynamic.

Tell. Me. MORE 👀 👀 👀 That's an awesome ship!

Also could you link that event?
Here. I "organized" it as a birthday present to myself by forcing me to write kh femslash, which is why I put it in my birth month. Not very many people were part of it outside of my ficlets, but it was fun and there was some cute art. Probably redoing it next year.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't remember Riku being abusive to Namine in this series... DiZ apparently wanted Riku to "take care of" Namine after everything was done, I guess? Riku didn't do anything to her though. Riku was more threatening to Xion from what I remember, and even then he didn't do much to her either other than make her feel bad. Roxas is probably the one he hurt the most by defeating him and then helping DiZ to delude him with the TT replica. And Namine was in on that herself, too--she wasn't coerced into what happened to Roxas like she was by the Org. into harming Sora. I guess I didn't really mind Riku's actions because Nobodies were thought to be hollow vessels of the original people and Riku was trying to revive someone who was actually real. That's not quite the same as Axel murdering his own in order to get him and Isa farther up the chain of command in CoM. (Although KH3 softened that storyline by writing in that they were seeking to find the Mystery Girl.) Still, Axel was ruthless to Vexen in particular, and enjoyed it. He came across bloodthirsty. Of course he didn't have a heart at the time.

Anyway, I think a "pair the spares" RikuNami pairing woul be just as insulting for Riku as it would be for Namine. It would reek of him needing to be tied down to a girl to end the SoRiku shipping. Personally, I'd be interested in a Riku / Aqua ship if they were going to force a het pairing on Riku. But then we'll get the ridiculous fandom assertions that it's abusive pedophilia even though Aqua isn't noticeably different in age from him in the present, lol. There will always be some salacious term to be found to throw against an opposing ship, I guess.

Last edited:

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Here. I "organized" it as a birthday present to myself by forcing me to write kh femslash, which is why I put it in my birth month. Not very many people were part of it outside of my ficlets, but it was fun and there was some cute art. Probably redoing it next year.
Thanks! That sounds really cool!

Awards
Honestly, as far as Riku w/ girls vs SoRiku... like. Personally, I just think Riku's bi? I just happen to be more emotionally invested in RiKai than the other destiny ships because I was really attached to how much he cared in KH1 and how far he was willing to go for her sake, even if he made all the wrong choices. As soon as that "Soon, Kairi. SOON." scene hit I was like.

"WELP. I GUESS I SHIP IT?"

Though I generally do prefer more positive RiKai content. :p Idk. It's such a personal ship to me that it's hard for me to set aside my biases. And my frustrations at how little Nomura and his team want the two to interact, arrrrgh...

A lot of my personal hangups w/ SoRiku and SoKai are more related to fandom baggage and bullying for not liking one of the popular ships and less about either ship- to the point where objectively I totally see the appeal in SoRiku and why people love it so much. I just can't click with it due to the aforementioned personal hangups. But I still love the idea of Riku crushing on both his bffs and being an awkward bi.

For mlm ships, I find myself drawn to LeaIsa, sometimes Aeleus and Dilan for some reason? And VenSo. For wlw I find Elrena and Strelitzia appealing but also sad. :(

Back